Econ Sunday

Logging in it says only 55 days until the Dec L1 exam? So in about 2 months those motivated L1’ers are going to start posting up here. Time goes fast. Econ, you are up today. Read SS14, doing 15 today- lots of “optional” sections, will skim those just in case. Next weekend will start getting into the more bread and butter econ/forex stuff it seems, maybe even learn BOP this time around! Trying to step up the motivation and do a few hours today with some football in between. Heartbreaker for the Sox last night- great to see TB with such fight in them. This is going to be an awesome series.

Beckett messed up. We should have won that game!! It kept me way too late.

yeah he didn’t look very good at all. i shot you an email yesterday- did you get it?

ooops, let me check.

that national income stuff must be prime candidate for something that would kill tons of candidates. like the BOP stuff (luckily the only subject i asked for outside help on.) )

I’ve touched my books today and started hating time series again. I will start from something like Corp Fin etc.

Saturday 10/18 09:53 AM - Wake Up 10:37 AM - DD Run 11:17 AM - Open Quant books to read multiple regression 11:29 AM - Look at AF 11:47 AM - Ok back to studying must read 12:09 PM - Maybe music will help 12:17 PM - Playlist created, ok must really study now 12:32 PM - Hmm…maybe some bands are coming to boston, lets check ticketmaster 12:56 PM - No goods band coming to Boston soon, back to reading must finish MR 01:18 PM - Hmm…getting kind of hungry…check fridge…nothing of interest 01:27 PM - Subway run 02:53 PM - Got sucked into watching the movie Hostage (Bruce Willis) still watching. I suck at life.

walked around the head of the charles for a while, back now. contemplating opening up econ (on SS17) for an hour or 2, but also looking hard at my couch thinking what fun a nap might be. tonight is a red sox night with friends. time to tie this series up.

hey guys! It it makes you feel good, I have done nothing CFA related all day : ( - I read Barrons and a bunch of leerink swann reports, though : ) - okay, maybe tonight during the bo sox game, I read some quant

trying to finish up econ by the end of the weekend. its not looking good so far though. this week was exhausting. slept in til noon today. gotta love it.

I reviewed my notes on quant and went rthrough all of the CFAI end of chapter questions. Now I am trying to finish up a model I have been working on for my job. I wanted to get some FSA review in today as well but more than likely I will finish up what I am doing take a shower and pour myself a nice glass of scotch before I go out to watch the boxing match. There is always tomorrow… Best, TheChad

man, lots of boston heads. lets crush the rays, lets crush the books in the next 6 months, and then lets crush drinks @ a club…

crush the rays, check. do it again tonight, fingers crossed. i read most of SS17 this morning- have just flexible, fixed, crawling peg stuff to go and will do that soon. reading over BOP, man it’s not hard at all, but the CFA is so tricky finding stuff like that to crush you with questions on. especially when you spend most of your time in econ doing the forex stuff. maybe i’ll start up on SS18 this afternoon if I get ambitious. i’m pretty on schedule so far though, will finish econ by month end and then debating whether to do FI next or move right to FSA and start getting to the meat of this test. will prob order schweser in the next month or so. i’m almost putting it off to keep me on task reading the actual CFAI texts.

I am looking for new crib in boston, so I am behind bc ofthat (excuses, excuses). Is Brighton ok? You mentioned it before and didnt give it much thought until I saw how expensive things had gotten. Ideally, Id like to live near Harvard Sq, so I’m checking out some places Tuesday.

brighton is fine i guess, a bit too college kid for me now that i’m getting old to the point where i am not a recent college grad anymore. coolidge corner/brookline i like a lot. if you like harvard, davis/porter/central/kendall all would be cheaper options but close. i lived one year in kendall- over by MIT is ok, lechmere area not as nice. kendall is convenient but not much of a scene there. central you have the weirdos out by day but it’s a square full of stuff. davis i love, just 2 stops further out than harvard. porter is where i am, more a functional sq between 2 fun ones than the coolest square around, but it’s very convenient w/ the grocery store, etc. somerville side of any of these sq’s cheaper than cambridge but you prob can find some pretty decent deals if you get outside of harvard sq just a little. that said, harvard sq is beautiful. just pricey. i don’t mind the short walk. walked my little doggie yesterday from my place to harvard to the river and all around the head of the charles and back. i love cambridge personally. it’s quite the liberal little republic we have going. so yeah, brighton is ok but lots of young college kids and the above ground green line if you T at all until you get to kenmore is painfully slow/crowded. enjoy the hunt. i like apartment searching now that i have a place- the stress of actually needing to find a place isn’t as much fun, but not being sept, i’d think you’d have your pick of places. i’m officially into SS18, yawn. meeting my friends in an hour at a bar for some football so adios much more studying.

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > brighton is fine i guess, a bit too college kid > for me now that i’m getting old to the point where > i am not a recent college grad anymore. coolidge > corner/brookline i like a lot. if you like > harvard, davis/porter/central/kendall all would be > cheaper options but close. i lived one year in > kendall- over by MIT is ok, lechmere area not as > nice. kendall is convenient but not much of a > scene there. central you have the weirdos out by > day but it’s a square full of stuff. davis i > love, just 2 stops further out than harvard. > porter is where i am, more a functional sq between > 2 fun ones than the coolest square around, but > it’s very convenient w/ the grocery store, etc. > somerville side of any of these sq’s cheaper than > cambridge but you prob can find some pretty decent > deals if you get outside of harvard sq just a > little. that said, harvard sq is beautiful. just > pricey. i don’t mind the short walk. walked my > little doggie yesterday from my place to harvard > to the river and all around the head of the > charles and back. i love cambridge personally. > it’s quite the liberal little republic we have > going. so yeah, brighton is ok but lots of young > college kids and the above ground green line if > you T at all until you get to kenmore is painfully > slow/crowded. enjoy the hunt. i like apartment > searching now that i have a place- the stress of > actually needing to find a place isn’t as much > fun, but not being sept, i’d think you’d have your > pick of places. > > i’m officially into SS18, yawn. meeting my > friends in an hour at a bar for some football so > adios much more studying. thanks! I set up a meeting to look at places in porter and harvard Tuesday. will let you know. thanks for heads up on brighton, I had a feeling it may be even too collegely for me. I like going out, but dont want to live near a place where people go out crazy even on the weekdays

Hey Daj. I lived in Brighton for 3 years, so allow me to weigh in. Basically, anything within walking distance from the T is very young. I felt like an old man when i was 27 living there. I’d sugget avoiding the B line like the plague. It is absolutely a brutal commute into town. Now if you live away from brighton ave - say somewhere off of Market or Washington it is much nicer in my opinion. You can actually park your car - in a driveway. Plus, depending on exactly where you are, you can catch an express bus into the city - rather then dealing with the T.

daj, don’t listen to these naysayers. Live in Allston, drink natties all night long. Visit fine establishments such as SL, Our House, Great Scotts and The Avenue.

yeah go watch the simpsons with a bunch of hippies in their pajamas at our house - great times. although they did have buck hunter and foosball in the back room. Personally, I’d suggest hitting the Kells and macking on high school chicks with awful fake ID’s and fake DD’s.

kells i went to in 2001, looooooog night… ok, look, im visiting like 5 spots Tuesday and will let you know what I pick. I am targeting a studio in porter or somewhere in cambridge. might do lechmere. all i care about is access to T, rent b/t 1200-1500, and close to work (downtowncrossing)