EFH and women:advice for single men....

Being single for a few months now (thanks CFAI for trashing my life) I have started to wonder if EMH applies to women: It seems to me that all dating-worthy material already has a boyfriend… which leads me to conclude that all single (available) women out there are either ugly or crazy… or obviously I am repulsive and cannot get a date, but lets focus on the former conjecture. If its true, then a corollary flows naturally and states that you should not try to hit on beautiful, clever, attractive women because theyre already taken (analogy to the fake dollar bill by the sidewalk of the true EMH which you should not pick up cause its fake) So what do you guys think

I think IHeartMath would disagree with all of the above, except maybe choice c)

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=11890685713#/photo.php?pid=4500549&o=all&op=1&view=all&subj=11890685713&aid=-1&id=812095359&oid=11890685713 See photo in the facebook group. He has the supply and demand curves mixed up.

I believe that the girls who are the most loyal, level headed, down to earth, low maintenance are the ones who have had only 1 BF in their lives. They don’t know (or want to know) what’s out there and have no level for comparison.

Melamos, Definitely does not follow EMH. Just think about the comparison: 1) Information asymmetry is huge. You have to deal with inside information for the object of your affection as well as with her network. There are no rules governing who has this information. 2) There is no true “ownership” since it takes two to tango, unless the female component of the relationship is extremely dependent and weak willed in which case she would not meet the high standard you previously articulated. This is pretty incompatible with EMH. Due the constant effort it is more akin to running a company than owning a share of it. 3) Very inconsistent transaction costs. A person could feel very unavailable at a certain time and really be looking to hook up at another time. This can vary greatly with what venue you’re frequenting (broker) and how the woman is feeling at that time (technical analysis). In fact, I’d say the “dating” scene (for lack of a better word) is more akin to PE or real assets than the stock market. If you want to get women you need to exploit the inefficiencies above by getting the info, having a good strategic plan for acquisition and management, and finding a good broker and being able to read the charts. That’s called game.

^^Êureka I salute you my friend. Strong arguments here and nicely articulated. The technical analysis stuff (ie how the woman is feeling at the moment) was the best! But you are right, you need both a good broker AND inside info. Otherwise any outperformance is pure luck… Good post :)))

^^Êureka I salute you my friend. Strong arguments here and nicely articulated. The technical analysis stuff (ie how the woman is feeling at the moment) was the best! But you are right, you need both a good broker AND inside info. Otherwise any outperformance is pure luck… Good post :)))

Touche!!! Its happens man cut me some slack here :PP. We wont get any results until the 18th…

wow I’m single and I don’t think I’m ugly and I’m definitely not crazy - just trying to concentrate on studying at the moment and a lot happening - try being friends first if you’re ugly! :wink:

Keep in mind your required level of game will be different if you are going for absolute returns as opposed to simply trying to outperform the benchmark. Also, you can consider alternative dating methods such as if you ‘can’t make it, fake it’ (Madoff), or you can ‘pull a Citi’ and get bailed out (arranged marriages).

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > and I’m > definitely not crazy - > Doesn’t everybody think that?

Most of the extremely attractive girls I know aren’t really exclusive. Most are “dating” or “talking to” a few guys at a time. I don’t think it’s because they want to get around or anything, but rather that they, like most of us, have been scorned in the past and want to keep their options open. If they tell you they have a boyfriend, they are either (a) exclusive and/or (b) not interested.

JensensalphaMale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Most of the extremely attractive girls I know > aren’t really exclusive. Most are “dating” or > “talking to” a few guys at a time. I don’t think > it’s because they want to get around or anything, > but rather that they, like most of us, have been > scorned in the past and want to keep their options > open. > > If they tell you they have a boyfriend, they are > either (a) exclusive and/or (b) not interested. wow I would never do that…wait does that mean im not pretty!! :slight_smile:

^ it just means that you are a decent human being, KarenC. Also, I’m not sure what “talking to” means exactly. I don’t expect my girlfriends to stop having conversations with men in the world. That seems a bit too Taliban-esque.

Bchad - you’re back!! missed your nice words around here! :slight_smile: Ah talking to would probably mean “hanging out with” - i.e. they’ll score the guy but won’t make any commitment to them - so continuous booty call i’d say!

Oooh, where do I find THOSE women? After finishing up a several-years-duration relationship, a few continuous booty calls does have a certain appeal. he he :wink:

Noooo…bchad you were the one decent guy left on this forum :frowning: But if you must know - Ireland, Dublin, Copperface jacks - any night, any time - you will score…repeatedly!

KarenC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JensensalphaMale Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Most of the extremely attractive girls I know > > aren’t really exclusive. Most are “dating” or > > “talking to” a few guys at a time. I don’t > think > > it’s because they want to get around or > anything, > > but rather that they, like most of us, have > been > > scorned in the past and want to keep their > options > > open. > > > > If they tell you they have a boyfriend, they > are > > either (a) exclusive and/or (b) not interested. > > > wow I would never do that…wait does that mean > im not pretty!! :slight_smile: You’re an exception. A cutie with integrity.

I can kind of see with the OP is talking about… since I feel somewhat the same about single guys (single for a reason syndrome). However, i think this largely depends on someones age. A 25 year old who is single, is far different than a 35+ year old. On another note, many people, like myself, may have had long term/serious relationships but broke it off for whatever reasons. This doesn’t imply that the person isn’t date-able or is ugly or crazy though… I’m trying to stay positive here so just know that there are plenty of great women out there, you just haven’t the one for you yet. Stop looking, and start living your life.