Email from CFAI "Next Steps After the Exam"

Why even discuss it? Just do what they ask you to do: check your name

This is exactly the point (2) of the last mail they sent, where point (1) was (1) Start your membership application with CFA Institute and a local society. You must become a regular member of CFA Institute to be eligible for the CFA charter, and the membership process may take up to eight weeks. Review the requirements for regular membership and apply now. I have not received any additional mail, nor I hope to receive it (it would be redundant).

fuentes1979 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This is exactly the point (2) of the last mail > they sent, where point (1) was > > (1) Start your membership application with CFA > Institute and a local society. You must become a > regular member of CFA Institute to be eligible for > the CFA charter, and the membership process may > take up to eight weeks. Review the requirements > for regular membership and apply now. > > I have not received any additional mail, nor I > hope to receive it (it would be redundant). Non-members received: ‘Important steps…’ email Members received: ‘Next steps…’ email

eastcoaster9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Non-members received: ‘Important steps…’ email > Members received: ‘Next steps…’ email Is that true? It holds up for me. Did anyone receive both emails?

Of course it’s not true LICandidate. Regardless of what they sent, you won’t know until 8/18.

^I would say this is true… > Non-members received: ‘Important steps…’ email > Members received: ‘Next steps…’ email I’m a member and I only received the ‘next steps email’

LICandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > eastcoaster9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > Non-members received: ‘Important steps…’ > email > > Members received: ‘Next steps…’ email > > > Is that true? It holds up for me. Did anyone > receive both emails? I’ve got 3 emails from the institute over the past week which include, the “Important Steps” email, “Next steps” email, and the cfa post exam survey. I started the application process in June so maybe thats why I got the “Next steps…” email in addition to the “Important Steps…” email. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Whoops, I misread, I guess it could be right.

Yeah I recv’d it too.

Got it too. I strongly suggest CFAI should refrain from communicating with candidates before releasing the exam results. Its frustrating enough to wait so long and then inundated with emails that adds to frustration.

Agree w/ EC9. I’m a member and received “next steps” and survey. Did not receive “Important Steps”.

I got both “next step” and “important step” I am a member and subject line reads Important steps and the email itself reads next step. they means nothing.

There is a difference between post exam survey and important steps. In important steps-your name is printed out-whereas in post exam survey, your referred to as candidate. Not sure, whether it means anything?

It sure does. It means different wording. :slight_smile:

I did get a response from the CFAI regarding my application. It was efficiently handled in my opinion. Basically, when I applied back in March their application process was being re-engineered and I never received the email that you are supposed to send to your sponsors. So I’ve got it now and I assume I’ll get a quick response from both of them.

I hesitate to even write this. Just wanted to see if you all have this under your profile: there is a field that I don’t remember seeing before (but I wasn’t looking for it and it might have been there before!) that says “CFA Charter Name” and my legal name is listed after it.

That is what you will have on your charter should you earn it. : )

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is what you will have on your charter should > you earn it. : ) Do you see it on your profile as well?

Yeah. When you are applying for membership you can actually change what this says. In my case I don’t go by my legal first name, so my charter (whenever I get it) will say X. mwvt9, CFA.

I like it. I don’t recall being able to change it when I applied for membership last spring, but it would be fun to put FastEd into the document.