Email from CFAI

Anyone get the email from CFAI today regarding receiving the charter? Does anyone know how much more time might elapse until the letter from JD meaning you can use the designation?

I just got the email. I called CFAI to find out if this meant everything was OK in my application. He said that this was an automated email sent to all. btw, the customer service people are very polite but they dont have a clue.

Are you a regular member already?

i think someone (bigwilly???) mentioned it was mid-september

It’s odd that it would be that long if you’re a regular member already, but whatever.

I spoke with CFAI yesterday and was told mid-September is when the letters go out. When you receive it, you can start using , CFA.

If you are a regular member already, you can expect to receive the charter in September. I called CFAI on Aug 19. They told me that the board of governors will approve the charters in the next a couple of weeks. Once the charters are approved, the CEO of CFAI will send letters to the new charter holders. Once you receive the letter, you can start using the charter. Hope this helps.

IN my email it says, Current Status: Affiliate what does that mean? is this the same as regualr member?

If you don’t have all the experience approved yet, you will be an Affiliate Member.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > IN my email it says, Current Status: Affiliate > > what does that mean? is this the same as regualr > member? Have you meet the 4-year working experience requirement?

What does Non-member mean?

actuaryalfred Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What does Non-member mean? I believe it means you have never applied for the membership or your membership application has not been approved yet.

I am clearing that up with CS. I updated the work experience and they sent an email to kind of agree with the changes but didnt say definitively.

so, it’s okay to apply for the membership any time I think I have enough qualified work experience right?

Mine says that my work experience was confirmed when I was approved as a regular member. Then there is a message from Jeff that says congratulations my charter is confirmed and I may now use the designation. There is a check box at the bottom to see if I want it mailed to the local chapter for the awards presentation or mailed to my preferred mailing address (work or home).

ya its all about the membership dues. you have to time that if you are paying for them. i am not. my company is.

actuaryalfred Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so, it’s okay to apply for the membership any time > I think I have enough qualified work experience > right? btw, for my over 8 years of actuarial experience (pensions mostly) guess how many months they gave me? ZERO.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actuaryalfred Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > so, it’s okay to apply for the membership any > time > > I think I have enough qualified work experience > > right? > > btw, for my over 8 years of actuarial experience > (pensions mostly) guess how many months they gave > me? ZERO. wow that definitively sucks… maybe you did not phrase it properly?

actuaryalfred Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so, it’s okay to apply for the membership any time > I think I have enough qualified work experience > right? You can apply for membership anytime. You don’t need to have any work experience to become an affiliate member. Now that you’ve passed L3, once you get your 4 years, you will be regular member and once you receive the letter from them, you can use the designation.

I phrased it follwoing the guideline on CFA website. I didnt have the energy to fight as they gave me 46 months from my investment experience. so i am now waiting for it to be changed to 48. but yes, i was disappointed that my actuarial experience didnt amount to 1 month.