Energy Analyst/Trading

Does any one know of good resources such as books, blogs, etc… to learn about the Energy sector for some one who is interested to pursue a career as a Analyst/Trader in it? Thanks!

This question was asked recently, so search please. Out of curiousity, what’s with all the energy trader posts lately?

eureka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This question was asked recently, so search > please. Out of curiousity, what’s with all the > energy trader posts lately? Can’t find it. Can you provide a link? Thanks!

eureka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This question was asked recently, so search > please. Out of curiousity, what’s with all the > energy trader posts lately? There must be a job about energy on offer… and nothing else out there… :wink: (however, rumblings seem to suggest things might be getting a bit better on the job front soon)

Paging Goldenboy…

Uhmmm you want to be more specific. Crude differs from natty differs from Power differs from environmentals differs from structured products.

OIL 101 http://www.amazon.com/Oil-101-Morgan-Downey/dp/0982039204

you rang

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > (however, rumblings seem to suggest things might > be getting a bit better on the job front soon) I agree, anecdotally. Which rumblings are you referencing?

jobs report last friday. end of the year, many new budget cycles start Jan 1st. many firms starting to feel that the bottom has passed, it’s time to ramp up. Anecdotal evidence from some headhunters. Here’s an efinancial careers article (maybe a touch optimistic, but we could use that now) http://news.efinancialcareers.com/News_ITEM/newsItemId-22618?efc_namerica=18&om_mid=efc_namerica

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you rang So tell me why exactly you want to work here.

dude you called me, we should not even be talking

“I think we’re done here”

Just work for Koch S&T you can make a boatload there.

vpatel9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does any one know of good resources such as books, > blogs, etc… to learn about the Energy sector for > some one who is interested to pursue a career as a > Analyst/Trader in it? > > Thanks! Smartest Man in the Room

Detroiter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just work for Koch S&T you can make a boatload > there. selling that

WWW.GARP.COM Energy Risk Professional Designation

I dunno I knew a few traders at integrated oil companies, and they went to Koch and were immediately making 7 figures.

Detroiter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dunno I knew a few traders at integrated oil > companies, and they went to Koch and were > immediately making 7 figures. thats not uncommon. I guess what I meant was they are a player but not a major one

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Detroiter Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I dunno I knew a few traders at integrated oil > > companies, and they went to Koch and were > > immediately making 7 figures. > > > thats not uncommon. I guess what I meant was they > are a player but not a major one Can they only put one diamond on everything they eat?