energy booster?

How do you guys energise yourself to work/study when you are tired or sleepy? any food supplements which are not detrimental to health as well? Green Tea doesn’t affect me anymore and exercising tires me more than energise…too much coffee is bad for health…so what to do?

They say vitamin B helps with concentration, plus it will make you pee a lovely flourescent color. I just drink coffee, a little espresso won’t kill you, if you are drinking like 10 a day then that is probably bad for your health. Everything in moderation. Then there is always adderall, but you will need a prescrip for that one.

coffee, tobacco, monster, repeat until june

Eggs for me Ostrich eggs are best too

But seriously none of that stuff works for me. only real thing I could think of is ampheetamines, but I dont take them, not worth the side effects i presume

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do you guys energise yourself to work/study > when you are tired or sleepy? any food supplements > which are not detrimental to health as well? > > Green Tea doesn’t affect me anymore and exercising > tires me more than energise…too much coffee is > bad for health…so what to do? One of the big problems I’ve always had is getting good sleep, and I think this is true with most people. I am actually a very light sleeper, and so this is a particular problem with me. While I do drink a lot of coffee, it’s not what keeps me energized. I work out regularly, and even though it does tire me out, it does two things for me: 1.) It causes me to sleep better than I otherwise would. I find that mental stress can wake me up at night, but when I work out this is less often (if ever) the case. 2.) My body begins to crave things which are better for brain functions. I’m not a physiologist by any stretch of the imagination, but I’ve read that brain power is incredibly energy intensive activity. However, in my own experience, I don’t “crave” food in the same way as when I’m working out consistently. A few other things: Do you wake up in the middle of the night a lot? If so, this is the main reason why you start to drag in the middle of the day. It’s to use the bathroom, you should stop drinking beer right before going to bed :wink: Is your mattress ten years or older? If so, you should buy a new one. You might not be sleeping well enough.

I drink about 3 cups of coffee a day and a coke zero. Working out is the best way to stay energized.

I watch techno viking and get pumped up

Ok this is totally bizarre, but two months ago, I had major congestion the morning of an interview. My fiancee convinced me to try her Netti pot. Laugh it up, I know. I thought it was a total crock of $#!T too. I get the best sleep of my life when I use it. I think that blocked or partially restricted nasal passages might have been waking me up at night. Its a hilarious device, and feels pretty darn weird at first, but the results are undeniable.

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do you guys energise yourself to work/study > when you are tired or sleepy? any food supplements > which are not detrimental to health as well? > > Green Tea doesn’t affect me anymore and exercising > tires me more than energise…too much coffee is > bad for health…so what to do? Eat six little meals a day to jumpstart your energy/metabolism in addition to exercise. Stay away from white starches, corn, mashed potatatoes and the like (stick to 100% whole wheat bread). Eat lots of vegetables, beans, and berries.

Eat bananas.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I watch techno viking and get pumped up Lol. He looks like Keith Jardine.

You’re right, he does. I just found out the video last night. I guess I totally missed it when it was popular. It’s hilarious though… when you get what’s going on.

I get on youtube and find old Hulk Hogan entrances with the ‘Real American’ song playing. Seriously, I drink coffee throughout and go jogging in the middle of my long study sessions on the weekends. During the week if I’m studying after work and don’t think I’ll retain much I’ll just stop studying and add that time to the weekend.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’re right, he does. I just found out the video > last night. I guess I totally missed it when it > was popular. It’s hilarious though… when you get > what’s going on. haha hiliarious - - i just saw it now - i must have missed the techno viking movement in '06. . .

I would say anything thats full of protein and fiber is a great energy boost in the morning. If that doesn’t do it 5-hour energy is awesome

Eat right everyday, eat lots of veggies and lean proteins, take vitamins, fish oil, greens+, and a little ECA stack and you’ll forget what coffee was. In the afternoons I do like to have a nice cup of green tea though… gets me nice and relaxed.

Green tea and exercise are fine (and generally good for you), but if you really need to get back on track, I strongly recommend shotgunning a red bull. Drinking some sugar free is fine to make sure you don’t doze off in the middle of a meeting, but if you need to snap back to reality, I’ve found nothing quite as good as shotgunning a regular Red Bull.

dave chapelle’s remedy - dino egg omelette with powdered diamonds ok in all seriousness, i’d rather OD on coffee than OD on those energy drinks. my $0.02

I find that energy drinks can help for maybe an hour, but after that I seem to get really antsy like I’m on crack or something. Then there’s the inevitable hangover…not worth it in most cases, I have to be really desperate. I agree with the posters who said to exercise - regular exercise will make you feel a lot better and is a good stress reliever when you’re cramming. UndergradCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Green tea and exercise are fine (and generally > good for you), but if you really need to get back > on track, I strongly recommend shotgunning a red > bull. > > Drinking some sugar free is fine to make sure you > don’t doze off in the middle of a meeting, but if > you need to snap back to reality, I’ve found > nothing quite as good as shotgunning a regular Red > Bull.