Estimated Score

what do you estimate your score will be?

Band 10 FAIL

I’d be pretty disappointed if I didn’t get above 70 in every topic considering how much time I’ve put into this already.

how many hours bpdulog?

kedgar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > how many hours bpdulog? 1000+. Retaker here.

I put lots of hours, may be about 25 a week for 7 months, but I don’t care if I pass with scores all over, barely pass, or get 100%…why would you care if you fail some sessions and still pass!?

1000+ hours, wow. i’m afraid i will be in the retaker camp. got a late start and you can only absorb a limited amount of info in a given day.

kedgar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1000+ hours, wow. i’m afraid i will be in the > retaker camp. got a late start and you can only > absorb a limited amount of info in a given day. +1 I may be in that camp next year. So long as I don’t get totally screwed by the selection of the vignettes on Saturday I have a decent shot.

Prediction: Pass. Marginally. (+5/10 % of passing level) ~250 to 300 hours.

Agreed. I think that’s all that ultimately matters, if i get a nasty AI or PM or earnings quality question i’m screwed.

i have 20% chance of passing

i heard the curve is usu set to 73-74%?

realistically it’s probably in the mid-60s. I bet if your search some of the older threads here and find passing/failing scores you can probably figure it out. Of course that time is probably better spent studying.

I’d be shocked (SHOCKED!) if the pass rate was set any higher than high 60’s. One caveat to my prediction above (as others mentioned): I’m assuming there isn’t a nasty selection of vignettes focusing on my weak areas.

mid 60s? high 60s? It was 41% last year, guys. (And I was one of the 59%.)

I did not even bother studying the Translation of A balance sheet FC=PC, etc. I could have spent 25 hours on the topic and still not mastered. If I had 300 hours in, I would have spen time on it. I am curious of if anyone else had trouble with that one. I decided to focus on my strengths and pray it is not on test

FC=PC?

functional and presentation?

functional currency to presentation currency is what I think was meant. and that would be all-current method. I felt that was the easiest of the FSA readings, actually. I guess everyone has their nemesis. Mine would probably be derivatives.

functional currency to presentation currency is correct. I think it was i simply had no use for the reading in my job, nor did i ever think I would run into it. I actually found the regression to be interesting and useful. Go figure