Exam date 23rd June?

I doubt Muslims pass rate will change. I highly doubt it because many muslims decided not to fast during the exam WHICH IS OK if you make it up later. Also, this means that Muslims now will be fasting during a whole month before the exam, how does this no impact their performance??

Its a naieve move by CFAI

Are you trying to insult me with my own argument? That’s creative! lol. I am just saying everyone has their personal hurdles to get over when studying or taking the exam. None of those are accommodated so why start now. They are setting precedent for discrimination if they do not treat other religions in the same manner. I felt worse for the numerous women I saw pregnant having to sit for hours to take that exam. None of them were accommodated for, why not? Keep the date the same as it has always been and suck it up. That’s my take. If you are trying to say I am “crying” for telling other people to stop “crying” then okay whatever. Maybe you should stop crying about telling me to stop crying about telling others to stop crying.

Seriously can’t believe no major announcement was made by the CFAI regarding this change in the testing date. I know I am in the minority here but I’ve already booked a two week European cruise/vacation with the family for 2018; leaving on you guessed it June 23rd. Here’s hoping I get good news on August 8th or I’ll have one angry family.

Not that it would help or change anything, but is there somewhere we can file a complaint (whine and moan) on the CFAI website? Just want to be heard outside of the threads!

info@cfainstitute.org

You are not a minority here. I’m pretty sure everyone in the CFA journey has his whole year planned as per the exam, which was ALWAYS on the first Saturday on every month. I’m really sorry but people shouldn’t take it personal when I say Ramadan is not a sufficient reason for the change. All religions have different rituals and we just have to adjust with it, it’s not feasible to accommodate each and every religion. After all, if Ramadan is about worshiping God, you all will be spending it studying for the test and you won’t have enough time for the other rituals.

I don’t think CFA really thought this through

Bush league if you ask me, but the CFAI is trying to grow their enrollment in the developing markets.

btw… CFA does make an exception for Jewish people who observe Sabbath and can’t write exam on Saturdays…accomodating religious beliefs has been part of the CFAI longer than one might think…

That’s a bit of a different situation though. Orthodox Jews are prohibited from taking the exam on the Sabbath. Taking the exam during Ramadan is not prohibited, just inconvenient.

You can’t compare Sabbath to Ramadan. It’s like comparing apples to sharks :slight_smile:

Does this even help the affected though? I mean, the last 6 weeks are prime study time and 4 of those weeks will be Ramadan.

Anyway, I’ll write on any day of the week, twice on Sunday.

This

That would be nice.

Political correctness gone too far. CFAI should be ashamed of themselves

It can’t be. Muslims have their god with them, right? Their pass rate must be already higher than average.

How they could ask more favor from CFAI? Their god doesn’t help them enough?

It suddenly occurred to me that Russia World Cup 2018 starts on June 14, and the exams will be taking place exactly during the tournament. OMG, I’d better pass and get it done this year, 2018 would be the football year, NO CFA definitely.

Obviously, their God helped them. They got what they wanted and this is, imo, also good for all. Extra 3 weeks perfect for Mocks. The bad thing is crossing over with Football World Cup.

agree and what % of those 10% muslims stick to the full dietary regulation, when more moderates taking a more lenient view. I recall the discussion a few months back that there were mixed perspectives of sticking to the full requirement

agree - can we start a religion for that and move it back ? Given that 3.2bn watched the last finals in brazil

The reason for the exam date change is a load of crap. I don’t agree making concessions for specific religions, but if you do, do not affect the masses of people! Which in this case is 95% of people lol. I’m lucky that I live in the southern hemisphere so my summer is not affected, but my initial plan of going to Europe for the rest of June is out the window! Not to mention missing out on good chunk of the world cup as well.