exams graded by current charter holders

ok guys a question is there a possibility that due to current market situations they might want to keep as many ppl out of the club as they can…(means failing as many as possible) since after clearing the test most of us will be a direct competition to the existing charterholders…and they are the ones who grade our tests

This seems far-fetched. Most of the people grading the exam have enough experience that new charter holders are unlikely to pose a direct threat to their jobs. Now, the one thing I could see is if existing charterholders get fired, grade the exam, and have a grudge that they want to show “dammit, I got fired and I know how to do this problem, so I’m not going to give partial credit to this dud who couldn’t figure out this much.” But we don’t know how many graders are going to be like that, and I bet CFAI will have methods to compare grader results and correct for them.

“is there a possibility that due to current market situations they might want to keep as many ppl out of the club as they can…(means failing as many as possible) since after clearing the test most of us will be a direct competition to the existing charterholders…and they are the ones who grade our tests” Crazy paranoia conspiracy theory.

I think the point raised by equity_research is quite valid… there is a conflict of interest here!

While I don’t believe that the graders would carry a grudge and fail people… I do believe that the CFAI could reduce pass rates to reduce the supply of CFA charterholders…

What have you been drinking?

Bleeck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What have you been drinking? why what is wrong in asking this…maybe it could be a valid argument

It’s not - the whole spirit of the grading thing is very supportive. Nobody would spend a week of their vacation to go whack people to enhance their own competitiveness.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s not - the whole spirit of the grading thing > is very supportive. Nobody would spend a week of > their vacation to go whack people to enhance their > own competitiveness. maybe JDV has a point , the fact tht it is by choice that these guys are gradinng the test…but still somewhere there is a a conflict of interest…

I wish that every CFA candidate could see the care that graders and CFAI give to the grading process. I bash CFAI all day long, but that process is very well done. If someone doesn’t pass the exam, it’s not because of grading (now Angoff, and setting passing score, hmm…)

Bleeck Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What have you been drinking? purple drank all-day!

if you have something valuable it is in your best interest to make it harder for other people to get that same asset. think debeers. it really isn’t that complicated.

Except it just doesn’t happen, which is even less complicated.

This is just wrong because we do not have a lot CFAs, that is why a lot folks can get the good job. Actually, the program will be better off if there were more CFAs out there. Look any accounting Job ask for CPA and in that case most employers will require CFA s for investment jobs. therefore make the program more valuable. Those CFAI are dum old folks who care mostly about themselve.

To qualify as a charterholder you need to have 4 year experience. a person who has that experience is likely to have more than one job option. Even if they got fired they could get another job fairly easily.

Also, if you’re going to be a grader, you have to have enough vaca, and the willingness to go down there for a week or two and read our essays. As this isn’t exactly a trip to vegas, anybody who does it would most likely not rely on the charter anymore…

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Also, if you’re going to be a grader, you have to > have enough vaca, and the willingness to go down > there for a week or two and read our essays. As > this isn’t exactly a trip to vegas, anybody who > does it would most likely not rely on the charter > anymore… ahahah …there are lots of assumptions…you are making …

e_r_nds thread range from b***ing his associate, to saying that other people should not complain about test center blackouts and finally to CFAI conspiracies… He’s so poliedric!

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wish that every CFA candidate could see the care > that graders and CFAI give to the grading process. > I bash CFAI all day long, but that process is > very well done. If someone doesn’t pass the exam, > it’s not because of grading (now Angoff, and > setting passing score, hmm…) exactly we dont see or hear about it and are in dark about the whole grading process so…maybe we have an valid point to doubt the process…especially when CFAI has taught us to err on the side of caution…( ethics…disclosure of conflicts) see I am not opposed to CFAI having its own system of working they have a right to protect and the system which has made them into one of the most respected organization in finance…but employing ppl who give “AN APPEARANCE OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST” is something which doesnt seem right

MrDonadei Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > e_r_nds thread range from b***ing his associate, > to saying that other people should not complain > about test center blackouts and finally to CFAI > conspiracies… > > He’s so poliedric! sorry wat do u mean by poliedric