Exercise

I havent really been exercising lately because of work commitments and study. But i have the next 2 weeks off work which is great. Will going to the gym have a positive effect on my study or no effect at all? Also, whats the most hours i should study in one day? Opinions?

You are cool. Good luck with the exam…

24 hours

Agree, whatever you do, do NOT try to study for more than 24hrs each day, it will drive you crazy and I have never been able to do it. Unless your gym has a class on calculator tricks and ratio memorization I would leave the pilates alone for a couple of weeks…my spare tire obviously shows I have followed this advice…

hahah … I have spare tire coming out too… can’t wait to hit back gym :slight_smile:

I dropped my morning routine, but I still run at nights. I need something to keep me happy during these times.

studying for this is just like putting the freshman 15er back on all over again!

Man, considering that your study has a curve similar to the “laffer” one, when you study more than 24 per day your productivity will decline :slight_smile:

I’m used to it thought, I have been out of uni for only a year now and have been taking investment courses since I got out. Great reference though, however my laffer curve is linear, not a curve!

getterdone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m used to it thought, I have been out of uni for > only a year now and have been taking investment > courses since I got out. Great reference though, > however my laffer curve is linear, not a curve! Mine is kinked…at some point my brain get stuck :slight_smile:

I think studying for more than 24hrs per day is great if you can do it. I just want you to tell me where you found more than 24hrs in a day. If I could log 45hrs of studying in a day that would be great, I just dont have the power to bend time yet…I hope that is a Level II LOS.

if it is we will ace it!

well i read that exercise helps when you’re studying. (not simultaneously) maybe it relieves stress which could be beneficial. thanks for the advice lads; insightful.

I’ve always found exercising in the morning before studying improves my concentration. Also, if you plan on doing a marathon study session, just make sure to take a 15 minute break for every 45 minutes of studying. It will help you avoid burnout and allow your brain to process and retain the information that you are cramming into it.

Lucai Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I havent really been exercising lately because of > work commitments and study. > But i have the next 2 weeks off work which is > great. > > Will going to the gym have a positive effect on my > study or no effect at all? > > Also, whats the most hours i should study in one > day? Opinions? what is the marginal benefit of working out. lower than that of studying. Hit the books now, treadmill later, dude

You can study on a stationary bike. Sort-of.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You can study on a stationary bike. Sort-of. :slight_smile:

I would prefer to go out with a lady instead of going to the gym! However, lately I havent done both of them and as a result I gained weight. Now, considering that the probability to go out with a girl lower when you gain weight… P(going out with a lady/gain weight) = P(gain weight/going out with a lady)/P(going out with a girl) x P(going out with a girl) = 0.002= no chance

strange: there is something wrong with your Bayes - Lady

cfaisok Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > strange: there is something wrong with your Bayes > - Lady girl or lady doesnt really matter to me :slight_smile: