Exhausted

Great day for my body and mind to be frigging exhausted!

it is almost over.

Same here - I’m beginning to feel there’s no point in studying anymore - it’s too late, what is done is done.

I was up till 2:30 last night studying, then awoken at 6AM by the kids. Not the cooperation I was looking for around here. I am tired, beat down and dead to the world. But I will chug on (although probably uselessly). I’ll sleep on Sunday. Keep going guys. Take a break, go for a walk…which would be nice for me if it wasn’t a torrential downpour today.

2am? wow, I must be the very few here on AF who stops studying by 830pm … my brain is gone by then. it takes me 3x as long than if I woke up early and cover the same area. maybe that is why I am still perky. my hat down to you.

And I got the runs : (

BB is one of my favorite posters. His dedication is encouraging. I wish everyone would be as dedicated as he is

Wow that is impressive BB…I feel like I haven’t really been going crazy this last week like I did for 1&2… Could be a combination of extreme burnout and the fact that Im not taking any days from work this time around (half day friday just to relax tho :slight_smile: Anyone else getting the feeling that they have reached their capacity and the only thing left to do now is to perform on gameday?

BB, sounds obvious, and everybody is different, but don’t cram so much you’re wiped out for the exam…you’ve studied a lot and i’m sure know more than you think you do. worst thing is to be so spent on game day that you’re only operating at 70% or less… as for having reached capacity…yeah, absolutely. am taking off right now to buy first anniversary present for my wife. i’ve had it with this cfa stuff…

I am with you The Edge. Last night, tried to push till 9:15 PM and I just couldn’t understand what I was reading… then went to fav chinese place with hubby and also had a yummy chocolate cake afterwards… woke up at 7 AM this morning… I am the slacker girl :slight_smile: The Edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2am? wow, I must be the very few here on AF who > stops studying by 830pm … my brain is gone by > then. it takes me 3x as long than if I woke up > early and cover the same area. maybe that is why > I am still perky. > > my hat down to you.

Freshie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am with you The Edge. Last night, tried to push > till 9:15 PM and I just couldn’t understand what I > was reading… then went to fav chinese place with > hubby and also had a yummy chocolate cake > afterwards… woke up at 7 AM this morning… I am > the slacker girl :slight_smile: Hey Freshie - I had a flourless chocolate cake last night with my hubbie - how funny. and I was pretty much studying by 730am this morning too. I am beat by late evening, like you I am starring at the pages. having a break right now - just going over the economic notes … almost done in readying everything over - how are you progressing?

I’m just a different cookie guys. I get it from my mom who is the night owl of all night owls. A good nights sleep for me is 6 hours. If I get a full 8 hours sleep I’m more tired. But 4 is not enough. Tonight I will hit the sack earlier. I have done a wack of studying already, but for whatever reasons, the exams I’ve passed it really all came together for me in the last couple weeks of relentless studying. I just am not all that book smart. Real life work stuff…no problems. Just not good at studying for whatever reason. So, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. Just hope it works one more time.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m just a different cookie guys. I get it from my > mom who is the night owl of all night owls. A good > nights sleep for me is 6 hours. If I get a full 8 > hours sleep I’m more tired. But 4 is not enough. > Tonight I will hit the sack earlier. > I have done a wack of studying already, but for > whatever reasons, the exams I’ve passed it really > all came together for me in the last couple weeks > of relentless studying. I just am not all that > book smart. Real life work stuff…no problems. > Just not good at studying for whatever reason. > So, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. > Just hope it works one more time. you are right BB, each to their own. you dont have to explain. I dont panic when I read people’s scores or the hours they work, or they happen to grasp a concept before I have gotten around to it. this AF is just great to share the pain, the laughs and silly moments with. no one else who have never sat it really understands the dedication that each person brings to the exam day. I couldnt have survived this far without reading about your unique approach and experiences.

9 hours total sleep in 3 nights. I think I’m better off not looking at anyone else’s scores. ANd with a 3-year old, a 1-year old, and full time job that supports the whole family, the day of the test will probably be the most relaxing test environment compared to rushing through tests with screaming kids in the background and a wife who is not completely happy because she hasn’t spent any real time with you in 6 months. I’m hoping the trend continues. I did better on the actual exam then my practice exams because I am more focused. I think we all bring our A-game to the real thing.

I admire anyone who who takes this challenge on. For the majority you really have no idea what you are getting yourself into, I’d say. There are obviously some very smart people on this board, but you can still tell how hard they’ve had to work to get here. I know a guy now on his 3rd attempt at Level 1. He seems determined. Inside I’d love to tell him it might not be worth it, but no way. I know how I felt at that time. I’ve done anything I can to encourage him. He had a set back and now has to write in December. Hopefully I pass so I can help him even more to get over his hurdle in the fall.

jimmylegs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 9 hours total sleep in 3 nights. I think I’m > better off not looking at anyone else’s scores. > > ANd with a 3-year old, a 1-year old, and full time > job that supports the whole family, the day of the > test will probably be the most relaxing test > environment compared to rushing through tests with > screaming kids in the background and a wife who is > not completely happy because she hasn’t spent any > real time with you in 6 months. > > I’m hoping the trend continues. I did better on > the actual exam then my practice exams because I > am more focused. I think we all bring our A-game > to the real thing. Good man jimmy. Keep going. I stopped looking at scores probably about a month ago. Same last year. My scores were way below most peoples, but I did very well on the real deal for me…4 >70’s and 4 middle tiers. It’s definitely tough on the family, but you’ll have lots of time to make up for it soon :slight_smile:

Thanks BB. I needed that. Close to breaking point.

Same here Edge - reading through notes not nearing completion but moving along at my usual pace. Things I will do after the exam is the motivation (Girl friends waiting for me to watch Sex and City movie…and lots more fun stuff in store after the exam…) :slight_smile: The Edge Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Hey Freshie - I had a flourless chocolate cake > last night with my hubbie - how funny. and I was > pretty much studying by 730am this morning too. I > am beat by late evening, like you I am starring at > the pages. having a break right now - just going > over the economic notes … almost done in readying > everything over - how are you progressing?

GOlf and Beer should just about sum up my post exam plans

Freshie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same here Edge - reading through notes not nearing > completion but moving along at my usual pace. > Things I will do after the exam is the motivation > (Girl friends waiting for me to watch Sex and City > movie…and lots more fun stuff in store after the > exam…) :slight_smile: yep, had to wait until exam is done to watch sex and the city … when I left work on friday (seems like a life time ago) i saw the line for the opening night - my goodness, the line was sooooooo long … I was a little envious as I knew I had to wait (already went to see indiana jones a few weeks earlier, but couldnt risk disturbing a ‘good’ study phase (although on hindsight - that good study flow has not materialized in the late evening as I thought it might) :slight_smile: ooh well… a few more days to go … just did some yoga to stretch the muscles a bit, and now the final round before the sleepy phase hits at 8pm!