Eye Strain

Anyone here suffering from eye strain? I went to the eye Dr about 45 days ago he told me I needed light reading glasses and I also had eye strain. I spend all day looking at a computer screen and every other moment studying my ass off. My eyes burn and hurt fairly often at this point but I feel that I just can’t let up. I think I’m where I need to be with just a few weeks to go I can get over the hump so I hate to let up and lose an entire year by scoring a band 9-10.

I use an eye drop called Systane. My Dr. prescribed it.

Over the counter Vision for dry eyes, soon you will also need back pain meds… Lower the brightness of your monitor, close your eyes here and there, stare into the distance sometimes and give your eyeballs a break. Unfortunately, physical pain is part of the exam. GL!

i got my glasses when I was studying for level II.

pupdawg82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i got my glasses when I was studying for level II. Wow, same deal as me I think this is part of the progression. So if for L1 you get some sleepless nights, L2 you get allot of sleepless nights and glasses what do you get for L3? Committed? Ulcer? Divorced?

cpepin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i got my glasses when I was studying for level > II. > > Wow, same deal as me I think this is part of the > progression. > > So if for L1 you get some sleepless nights, L2 you > get allot of sleepless nights and glasses what do > you get for L3? Committed? Ulcer? Divorced? Lately I cannot sleep at all, the only thing I can think of is this god awful exam, this has never happened to me before, such a beating…

lolz…i got glasses when i was in school from L1 I turned into a geek who lost many social contacts for L2 v likely case of having either ulcer or severe back pain (already having mild back pain from past 2 weeks)

These testimonials should be in the CFA brochures. “The CFA curriculum helped me lose all my friends, made me blind, and broke my spine. But I did, temporarily, learn how to bootstrap a bond. I forget how to now though.” - Mike Areersuchs, CFA

I have audio lectures on my iPhone so when eye strain kicks in I put on my headphones… not the same learning efficiency, of course, but you’d be surprised how much your brain retains from passive learning. Trouble is I end up falling asleep too often while listening to CFA stuff…

I had to get glasses after Level 1. Staring at monitors all day long and then looking at books all night. I always had good vision, but now I couldn’t live without my glasses. At work people ask me what is wrong with my eyes. “No, I’m not sick, I just havn’t seen the sun in a few months”. I also have cronic kanker sores in my mouth. I started taking herbal stress supplements though, and I think they’re helping a bit. My study partner also got a cyst on the back of his neck from craning down on books all day. The CFA takes a toll on the body and the mind. I used to have friends, now if I had a night off of studying, I don’t know who I’d call . . . . . . .

cpepin Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pupdawg82 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i got my glasses when I was studying for level > II. > > Wow, same deal as me I think this is part of the > progression. > > So if for L1 you get some sleepless nights, L2 you > get allot of sleepless nights and glasses what do > you get for L3? Committed? Ulcer? Divorced? Serious! same situation here, I have done eye test 3 times this year, all recommended I take glasses asap. When wifey complained of not seeing me, I moved the library to the bedroom every weekend. Now she sees me reading my books, no divorce threat. -:0)

My right eye is also taking strain. When I wake up every morning, inevitably there’s a vein that just looks inflamed and I think it all started when I hit the books for L2. :frowning: Do eye drops really work?

Re: Eye Strain Posted by: KickinTheBricks (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: May 8, 2010 09:53AM These testimonials should be in the CFA brochures. “The CFA curriculum helped me lose all my friends, made me blind, and broke my spine. But I did, temporarily, learn how to bootstrap a bond. I forget how to now though.” - Mike Areersuchs, CFA hahaha. This is the funniest post!

montanidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had to get glasses after Level 1. Staring at > monitors all day long and then looking at books > all night. I always had good vision, but now I > couldn’t live without my glasses. At work people > ask me what is wrong with my eyes. “No, I’m not > sick, I just havn’t seen the sun in a few months”. > > > I also have cronic kanker sores in my mouth. I > started taking herbal stress supplements though, > and I think they’re helping a bit. > > My study partner also got a cyst on the back of > his neck from craning down on books all day. > > The CFA takes a toll on the body and the mind. I > used to have friends, now if I had a night off of > studying, I don’t know who I’d call . . . . . . . CYST on the back of his neck from studying??? HOLLY COW, I didn’t think it was related, I’m a new owner of 4 brand new oil clogged neck cysts! GROSSS! 2 smalls ones, 2 big ones on my neck, vertically down my right side. Am I studying in a strange angle? The fiance thinks I may have cancer…need to go the doc. Been putting hot compress on it but there are not going away. This exam is killing me.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cpepin Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > pupdawg82 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > i got my glasses when I was studying for > level > > II. > > > > Wow, same deal as me I think this is part of > the > > progression. > > > > So if for L1 you get some sleepless nights, L2 > you > > get allot of sleepless nights and glasses what > do > > you get for L3? Committed? Ulcer? Divorced? > > Lately I cannot sleep at all, the only thing I can > think of is this god awful exam, this has never > happened to me before, such a beating… SEVERE BACK PAIN; so have I …love and hate the exam…

except for the eye strain. are you all serious? If this is level 2, what about level 3? how to survive it?

I have trouble sleeping because I’m thinking about compounding interest all night for what ever reason. I call it math nightmares

try thinking about black-scholes…it will be more exciting :smiley: . the next day you can be a freak option trader…

lolz…actually how did we forget hair loss as an additional physical damage? In the last month of level 1,i had a noticeable hair loss problem.

I dont know if its the lack of sleep or the fact that I just read this thread, but I was trying to watch CNN and the captions were NOT clear!! Off to eye doc on June 18th, maybe a reschedule is in order for pre-exam??