facebook exodus

I know several people who closed their accounts. Looks like too much social interaction is a lose-lose scenario. Also, you really dont wanna get back in touch with someone you knew in 5th grade. WHy? cuz she was in your life for a reason back then. You move on. life goes on. this is how it works. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/30/magazine/30FOB-medium-t.html

told you this site would die.

nothing is permanent!

I dont think AF will die.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I dont think AF will die. when the value of charter will die, AF won’t be able to survive

I read this article earlier. The article is about a select group of people leaving, and it even states how strong the site’s numbers are: “The exodus is not evident from the site’s overall numbers. According to comScore, Facebook attracted 87.7 million unique visitors in the United States in July.” While the site could eventually fall out of favor, this is by no means an indication of an exodus. I’m no avid facebook user, but I have no reason to shut it down.

Ya I’ve been thinking of ditching my account, sorta annoying. My brother refuses to sign up, maybe he has it right.

It has become trashy and a pain in the a$$ with all these gay applications like Farmville and House of Magic and What colour am I type of thing…all that crap contaminating the site!

purealpha Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ya I’ve been thinking of ditching my account, > sorta annoying. My brother refuses to sign up, > maybe he has it right. do it man. make us proud.

Superinconsistent Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It has become trashy and a pain in the a$$ with > all these gay applications like Farmville and > House of Magic and What colour am I type of > thing…all that crap contaminating the site! Agreed. I hate all the app crap. Plus, it seems that I’m hiding every other “friend” because I don’t want to see 25 updates from every stay at home mom that I’m friends with.

AF will die when there are too many CFA candidates that are aware of it and who will bog it down with too many responses. you think threads of 100+ posts are hard to follow. wait until all posts are 1000+. then you’ll give up.

Oh man, stay at home moms - 12 posts a day about what they are eating and how guilty they feel about it.

I have a stay at home mom who posted her house for sale. That’s right, she listed her house for sale, not with an agent, but with facebook. My AF groupie chicks make up for that though.

The stay at home Mums are the worst. “I cannot believe my 1 year old woke me up at 4:30am and is creaming and crying.” Poor you! You think you are the only one with screaming kids? Don’t have babies if your life is so miserable, and quit complaining is what I really want to reply to these stupid status updates.

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The stay at home Mums are the worst. “I cannot > believe my 1 year old woke me up at 4:30am and is > creaming and crying.” Poor you! You think you are > the only one with screaming kids? Don’t have > babies if your life is so miserable, and quit > complaining is what I really want to reply to > these stupid status updates. +1, everything is dramatic and the end of the world with them.

why in the world do you have these crazy moms as your friends then? eh eh?

Mostly because they are relatives, and I can’t selectively pick and choose family to friend

Since these people violate my FB News Feed I feel okay about violating their privacy by posting their dull junk on AF for kicks… " Headed to Suncrest for the always exciting…Septic System Pump…woo hoo!!! Just a few more weeks and then the house is someone else’s to take care of…" obligatory update… “Stupid septic company. Drove all the way to Suncrest (hour there, hour back) with my 3 bored kids and the company called my realtor and rescheduled the pumping!!! I was so incredibly ticked off!!! Still fuming!!! I guess they are coming tomorrow, I’m not!!”

^exactly, not easy to unfriend relatives or friends of close friends that you have met

Don’t need to unfriend them, just do that “less from whomever” function, so their BS won’t make it on to your newsfeed. And if you really wish you didn’t have to be friends with someone (bro or sis in law for example), block them from your wall. They won’t see your status updates! dangerous territory though.