facebook exodus

I do love myself and respect myself for never opening an account on FB. Although someone else with my name has an account and he looks like me. I am guessing my friends from school may have sent this guy invites to be friends. loser.

These are today’s most recent posts on my fb page. Many are by people that I knew in college. Not really friends. Just knew. hungover… @ beach… ugggh work CRUEfest…heck yes! OCMD no school today, lifting then football practice later. (from a HS football coach. He was 3rd string on my college team and now he is Mr. Footbal) Hello Friday! where have you been all my life? Golly, beer is good! spicy italian hoagie then sleep!

They wonder why I’m never on.

I deleted my Facebook account for a year. That was my most productive year ever

Guarantee you a month from now every single person complaining about facebook on this thread will still be on facebook.

My favorite site that makes fun of facebook parents: http://stfuparents.tumblr.com/

its pretty easy to keep FB under control 1) as mentioned earlier ‘hide’ most people from your news feed, then you don’t spend useless time reading about people that don’t matter. 2)Make it so that no one can write on your wall. you’d be amazed at how much usless crap people stop trying to send you. 3) de-friend people regularly (if possible), as if you are rebalancing your portfolio. Easier for people you haven’t talked to in over a year and don’t plan on talking to in the future. I try and keep people that may be good connections in the future, that I may not have a linkedin connection too. As a result I spend maybe 5-10 minutes a day on the site, usually it helps give me a nice laugh at the end of the day when I see what stuff people post (youtube links), and how people done with college still think its awesome to ‘get crunk’ and post embarassing pics of themselves on a daily basis.

i think the FB site should be murdered…if you want to contact someone:write something / pick up the phone / buy the flight ticket! if you can’t do the above then you don’t really need to “keep in touch”, especially on an internet basis. personal opinion…my argument is: anything wasting my time is worse than murdering me. (I’m still on the website due to social/peer pressure though.)

y’all f-book bashers are just envious that i am extraordinarily more e-popular than you’ll evah be. i also tweeted for the first time yesterday, booyah (got 5 followers already)

FB is total crap, it should be put down. Like, I havn’t made a single friend through it. Nor has anyone contacted me. Not from my foregone kindergarten days, nor from my school days. I am still a total social outcast. But I don’t care. My colleagues and friends (well, the few I have) are adding new contacts every day, most of them are in the triple digits now. Ridiculous. Who needs that? I can be friends with Paris Hilton, if I will, but what quality would that friendship be. That is what people should ask themselves. Pff… FB is just a fad, nothing more. I think.

I feel the need to revise my argument…it should read: anything wasting a person’s time is worse than murdering him/her…regarding “my time”, obviously it is so worthless that I need to dump them in calculating pension liabilities…:slight_smile: Skies Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think the FB site should be murdered…if you > want to contact someone:write something / pick up > the phone / buy the flight ticket! if you can’t > do the above then you don’t really need to “keep > in touch”, especially on an internet basis. > > personal opinion…my argument is: anything > wasting my time is worse than murdering me. > > (I’m still on the website due to social/peer > pressure though.)

Facebook is crap. Its like the Myspace of the internet.

I deactivated my FB account too (I dont think you can actually delete it). I was annoyed by myself for compulsively logging in to read someone else’s banal comment. No one knows you’re a fool until you open your mouth (or post crap on FB). I believe that FB had it’s tipping point moment and now we are all moving on. Just like Hush Puppies.

Stiff1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > FB is total crap, it should be put down. Like, I > havn’t made a single friend through it. Nor has > anyone contacted me. Not from my foregone > kindergarten days, nor from my school days. I am > still a total social outcast. But I don’t care. My > colleagues and friends (well, the few I have) are > adding new contacts every day, most of them are in > the triple digits now. Ridiculous. Who needs that? > I can be friends with Paris Hilton, if I will, but > what quality would that friendship be. That is > what people should ask themselves. Pff… FB is > just a fad, nothing more. I think. loser

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > y’all f-book bashers are just envious that i am > extraordinarily more e-popular than you’ll evah > be. i also tweeted for the first time yesterday, > booyah (got 5 followers already) loser

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Facebook is crap. Its like the Myspace of the > internet. winner

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mobius Striptease Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > y’all f-book bashers are just envious that i am > > extraordinarily more e-popular than you’ll evah > > be. i also tweeted for the first time > yesterday, > > booyah (got 5 followers already) > > loser oh yeah? i just updated my status from 15 minutes ago and added 2 more uber-cool applications, including “which AF character are you?”. i am in the status feed of all my friends every 10 minutes, and all chicks in my network have listed my profile in their top fan favorites. bet YOU feel like a LOSER now

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I do love myself and respect myself for never > opening an account on FB. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite or http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28694

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I do love myself and respect myself for never > > opening an account on FB. > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite > > or > > http://www.theonion.com/content/node/28694 loser

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I deleted my Facebook account for a year. That was > my most productive year ever All 3 of your friends were saddened, I am sure. Shine box.