Fail or Pass

Are YOU going to fail or pass? What did you think before the exam? What I think now: Fail (~80% probability) What I thought before the exam: Pass (~80% probability)

Fail(very high chance)

Pass. My 2nd attempt.

Depends. Feel like I’ve scored reasonably but I’m afraid that the MPS will be sky-high this year.

You are not going to fail because i am gonna lower the curveball for you all- a rare act of generosity. I got owned by Messrs Grinold, Wacc and credit risk in AM- I will probably score 50% or less. Probably -8 and -10 on PM. So I am expecting an overall score of 66-67%- which given the relative ease of the paper this year will warrant me the four magic letter of F^CK. Congratulations pimp.

why do you feel you will fail Baca? I missed an entire question on the am part (5% of the exam) - I felt good abotu what I wrote but its hard to come back from that

I think i got 50 to 55 right on the p.m. For the a.m., I recognized all the questions, but I think my answers for some were quite weak, or based on discussions here, I found I got only partial credit. I think as long as I got 55% or more of the possible points on the a.m., the easy p.m. should put me at 70%, and so therefore I think it’s highly likely that I passed. of course, if I absolutely tanked the a.m., which is possible, I will be back for the party next year.

Before exam: 80% pass Now: 50/50

jimmyswo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why do you feel you will fail Baca? > I missed an entire question on the am part (5% of > the exam) - I felt good abotu what I wrote but > its hard to come back from that This is why I feel like failing: - Very bad feeling after AM-session – Q1: wrong return, wrong liquidity, unsecure with time horizon – WACC: a-part blank – Krinold: I just calculated the return – Others that I have forgotten now… -Ok feeling after PM section, but: – I have found 15 errors so far!!! This is why I still got a little bit of hope: - Last year I thought I’d fail, but I passed.

99% Pass Before. 95% Pass After. 99% Pass after reading this thread.

90% Pass- I know I slipped up on some things (like everyone else), but not enough to fail. I felt my chances were 50/50 before the test.

baca dont let this forum freak you out. I posted this already but last year on level 2 i was convinced that I failed - 95% sure after reading everyone’s posts. I passed by a wide margin. The momo’s who were telling everyone they were right are still on the level 2 forum. trust me on this one. go with you gut after the exam. this forum counts for nothing

51% before the exam 51% after the exam Too close to call. So it could go either way ( A high pass >=60% ) could mean that I am in.

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 99% Pass Before. > > 95% Pass After. > > 99% Pass after reading this thread. And you don’t even thank me for that…

jimmyswo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > baca dont let this forum freak you out. I posted > this already but last year on level 2 i was > convinced that I failed - 95% sure after reading > everyone’s posts. I passed by a wide margin. The > momo’s who were telling everyone they were right > are still on the level 2 forum. trust me on this > one. go with you gut after the exam. this forum > counts for nothing I would love to agree with you but I cannot. Simply because it was an easy high scoring exam which was not coaparable at all to the l2 exams which most likely was a low scoring paper. CFAi will put me down…my crack spread. And i need to take it as a man

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 99% Pass Before. > > 95% Pass After. > > 99% Pass after reading this thread. good for you. Did you sign the pledge, They could put your paper in the trash just for that. You know:-) Give yourelf some chance to fail. You express some terific OVERCONFIDENCE Sh****t right there. You know that I am just jealous. I guess that is the way ppl who work in WALL STREET are. The next, they find out they do not have a job. I still got mine though. AHHHH , they do not pay me though:_)

i dont follow your thinking on that baca - as long as you scored 70% or over you are ok. it was an easier exam so the pass rate might be higher this easier - its incorrect to assume that CFAI is set on failing 50% of the people. just my two cents

If I remember correctly the grinold kroner question was worth like 6 (maybe nine) marks out of 180 in the AM? I totally f**ked that question but wouldn’t think that on it’s own should hurt anyone?

jimmyswo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i dont follow your thinking on that baca - as long > as you scored 70% or over you are ok. it was an > easier exam so the pass rate might be higher this > easier - its incorrect to assume that CFAI is set > on failing 50% of the people. just my two cents I have never said anything about that.(?) Maybe you are refering to Grey Arrows comment

sorry buddy - you are right - i thought it was you - i dont read everything which is why i missed the last question on the am exam lol