Fail or Pass

plyon Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 99% Pass Before. > > 95% Pass After. > > 99% Pass after reading this thread. Plyon, I will miss you. Honestly.

60% pass - before exam 65% pass - after exam

do you think that writing down the whole formula for Grinold Kroner is worth a few points (2/6 maybe??)

I want to remain optimistic until I see my results. There is too much in the “holiday” to allow my result disturb me. I thought I had my AM and PM gamed. I even finished the PM like 1 hour 10 minutes ahead of time and took time to revise my answers. I usually don’t look up the specific exam questions review thread but trying it yday was pretty destabilizing. However, I refuse to be bothered. I’ve got to have a real life until August 18…

i believe there were 18k ppl who wrote the level 3 exam … many of whom i’m certain were underprepared … if the pass average holds on to 50% like last year … most of those who prepared well for the exam should pass

85% pass

I have a bad feeling about the AM, messed up with the return calculation and the pension question. PM was ok. Am positive but not confident that I will pass. This feeling is the same as before the exam.

People need to remember that you can completely miss even a few questions in the am and still pass. I know one person last year who didn’t finish the exam (missed 2 questions), also he did ok on the pm (a few over 70%) and passed. stop worrying about it. It’s graded on a curve.

One of my big worries (among many) is how they grade the exam. I know that some of answers are “correct”, but my english sucks, I didn’t remember the buzz words and my writing was messy.

john - i am sure it will be part marks - that is what people hav discounted the most on this site is the part marks they will be getting -

abt 55-60% on Am 80% on PM But I think I’ll pass.

Im thinking fail…I sucked in the am…hopefully part marks help

I was 75% confident that I would pass before exam. 95% confident I passed right after taking. Now 75% sure I failed. All depends on everybody else. Im guessing i come in around 50-65% – wide range but there are so many questions that are under debate and hoping for some partial credit. Will all due respect to everybody else I hope 50% of you did really really bad!

thats what this website does - deflate everyone’s confidence.

Or hope that 100% of the people not on this board did really bad. You have to do better than 50% of the individuals that sat for the exam. I also felt that I was prepared more than most of the candidates in my section after speaking with them. AF tends to have more over prepared individuals. I am not making any predictions at this point but suffice it to say I felt I was more prepared than others so hopefully this preparation will pay off.

I was about 70% going in that I would pass. I feel about 85-90% that I passed coming out. I really think I only missed 10 ?s on the afternoon. So conservatively saying I got an 80% in the PM, that would mean I only need a 60% in the AM to hit 70%. I feel comfortable that I did that.

60-70% AM close to 90% in the PM will do it for me this time i guess

I think I failed now.

Bacaladitos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jimmyswo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > why do you feel you will fail Baca? > > I missed an entire question on the am part (5% > of > > the exam) - I felt good abotu what I wrote but > > its hard to come back from that > > This is why I feel like failing: > - Very bad feeling after AM-session > – Q1: wrong return, wrong liquidity, unsecure > with time horizon > – WACC: a-part blank > – Krinold: I just calculated the return > – Others that I have forgotten now… > -Ok feeling after PM section, but: > – I have found 15 errors so far!!! > > > This is why I still got a little bit of hope: > - Last year I thought I’d fail, but I passed. 15 errors? big deal! I counted 11 so far and given those are wrong, I am at a score of 89.4%. I can get another 70 points knocked off before I go below 70%. You can get A LOT wrong and still pass this thing.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think I failed now. Ha! There is a 0% chance that you, maratikus, or mcleod failed.