Finally Got An Offer!!!

Hello everyone, I have been off the forum for a month or so, but I had posted several times about my troubles getting a full time job for post graduation in this market. As an exampled I started this post titled “Am I doomed?”: http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,616967,617013 Well I got an offer this past week to work in the ‘start-up’ alternatives group of a well established and respected asset management firm with $30+ billion AUM. The job to start out will be approximately 2/3 market analysis and 1/3 client communication. I went from having essentially nothing in the pipeline to getting a good job offer.I think it is a great starting point, and am glad to have it especially in the current market conditions. I also signed up for Level II this past thursday, so it has been an exciting week. I wanted to let all of you know, and thank you for all the support and advice you have given me through this process.

Congrats! And don’t forget your friends on AF when you become Fed Chairman or something.

LICandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello everyone, > > I have been off the forum for a month or so, but I > had posted several times about my troubles getting > a full time job for post graduation in this > market. > > As an exampled I started this post titled “Am I > doomed?”: > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,616 > 967,617013 > > Well I got an offer this past week to work in the > ‘start-up’ alternatives group of a well > established and respected asset management firm > with $30+ billion AUM. The job to start out will > be approximately 2/3 market analysis and 1/3 > client communication. > > I went from having essentially nothing in the > pipeline to getting a good job offer.I think it is > a great starting point, and am glad to have it > especially in the current market conditions. > > I also signed up for Level II this past thursday, > so it has been an exciting week. > > I wanted to let all of you know, and thank you for > all the support and advice you have given me > through this process. Congrats, this is uplifting to me as I search for FO work. Celebrate this victory!

First, congratulations! LIcandidate. You mentioned you graduated last year, so it takes you 6 months to land a dream job?

congrats…i hope i meet the same fate as you

Thank you everyone. I won’t forget this forum especially as I am now preparing for level 2. MBAFinance- I am still in undergraduate, i am graduating in May of this year.

cheers!

Congrats! Time to relax! BTW, Wayne, I sent you an email.

Congrats L1candidate! I love stories like these…they help keep me motivated! hopefully my turn will come (soon)… L1 results come out in a few more days…good luck too all!

Congratulations

ditto!! good work

congrats not easy to find a decent finance job in the current job market

Congrats mate, Even I have to start looking out for entry level jobs in NYC, I have no formal financial background, just gave the CFA-L1 in Dec-07 and waiting for my results. Any suggestions? I just need to hit the ‘Big-Banks’ on the street only.

Congrats, party like its 1999!!!

Gonna party like it’s 19-29!!! (but I’m still happy for you!)

Thanks Guys. I definitely feel much less tense now. And again, all the support from you guys has helped me through the process. Dinesh- I think the big banks will probably be your worst shot in the near term. Especially if you want a FO job. One of my friends just got a job with Credit Suisse, but it was in ops. I had no interest in anything like that and did not even apply for those jobs. He may even start out with a higher salary in that position, but I feel I am setting myself up better for bigger opportunities once the markets clear up. BTW JoeyD, if you remember I posted on here about applying to the Fed. i interviewed there and they didn’t take me, but i’m happier with an Asset Management firm.

Great to hear, LI! Best of luck and enjoy.

LICandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > BTW JoeyD, if you remember I posted on here about > applying to the Fed. i interviewed there and they > didn’t take me, but i’m happier with an Asset > Management firm. I think Bernanke was Chairman of Goldman Sachs or at least that’s what I heard some Congressperson say the other day. I’ll have to check that out, but you can become Fed Chairman by being in asset management.

Haha yeah I saw that. Well, then I am on a good career path.

hey congrats L1…You said you’re still in undergrad? how is it possible that you signed up for Level 2. I was told that you can’t sign up for L2 unless you’re graduated by the sign-up date. Can you tell me how you circumvented this barrier? Thanks!