First bar fight

I really avoided them until Tuesday night. I’m usually a pretty mellow person, but some d-bag sucker punched my friend when we were on the sidewalk in front of a bar downtown. It immediately turned some switch in me and I had the guy in a rear naked choke a few seconds after he jumped my friend. He started gurgling and I thought he was going to stop. I pushed him off and he came at me like some drunk pitbull. I put him a a guillotine after he charged and the only thing I was really thinking was that I couldn’t mess up my face because I just started a new job yesterday. haha. This was while wrestling on the streets and slamming each other on the hoods of parked cars. The dude ran off after a couple of minutes, and luckily I only got one small scrape to the cheek that looks like razorburn or something. I felt really ‘alive’ after the experience. None of my ‘1st day’ coworkers said anything about this odd red mark. Perfect. Well, just another day in the life… :wink: - ACE

Nice, where are you London? :slight_smile:

Yes. Keep that drunk pitbull on his leash ACE.

Okay, Chambers, you little fag got. This is your last chance. What do you say, kid?

Because you weren’t actually in the bar, your bar fight cherry remains intact. Your street fighting career is off to a good start though.

Hadouken!

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Because you weren’t actually in the bar, your bar > fight cherry remains intact. Your street fighting > career is off to a good start though. ROFL

You shoulda given that guy a Tiger uppercut before you called it a night. But otherwise, sounds like a good evening and good to hear that you emerged relatively unscathed. I’d rate your efforts to establish your CFA street credibility a 9 out of 10.

Don’t get cocky, I went 4-0 back in college before I ran into a golden gloves champ. You should probably retire on top son.

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I really avoided them until Tuesday night. > > I’m usually a pretty mellow person, but some d-bag > sucker punched my friend when we were on the > sidewalk in front of a bar downtown. It > immediately turned some switch in me and I had the > guy in a rear naked choke a few seconds after he > jumped my friend. He started gurgling and I > thought he was going to stop. I pushed him off and > he came at me like some drunk pitbull. > > I put him a a guillotine after he charged and the > only thing I was really thinking was that I > couldn’t mess up my face because I just started a > new job yesterday. haha. This was while wrestling > on the streets and slamming each other on the > hoods of parked cars. The dude ran off after a > couple of minutes, and luckily I only got one > small scrape to the cheek that looks like > razorburn or something. I felt really ‘alive’ > after the experience. > > None of my ‘1st day’ coworkers said anything about > this odd red mark. Perfect. > > Well, just another day in the life… :wink: > > - ACE Getting liquored and street fighting on a Tuesday, I love it!!! If you were at JT Marlin, you’d get a promotion, lol.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Don’t get cocky, I went 4-0 back in college before > I ran into a golden gloves champ. You should > probably retire on top son. Yep, used to box / train for golden gloves for 4 years back when I was in college. The most wicked guys we had looked totally unassuming. You’d run into them in a bar and think you could take them easily, but they were so fast / freakishly strong you’d have never seen the one punch knockout coming, ESPECIALLY in a poorly lit location like a bar / street w/no gloves. Besides average looking physiques, most of them had mild personalities to boot. I used to explain to people who’d talk smack to me at parties back then to think about it for a sec. At that time I was training 4-6 hours a day, dodging and throwing hundreds of punches on an average workout. Compare that to the average Joe who MAYBE gets a punch thrown at them once or twice a year. It’s so lopsided it’s not even a contest. Just saying, be careful who you run into. I put an end to my boxing career after three particular jabs landed in successive sparing matches wearing full gloves and headgear caused a deviated septum. Had to be put to sleep so doctors could cut out the cartilage wall running up the center of my nose, shave down parts of it and reinsert it. I can still flex the cartilage around side to side if I want. If you run into a boxer w/ no gear, that’d be what I consider a favorable outcome from the range of possible results.

^ Bada$$

Did the deviated septum help you land your first associate level position?

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I really avoided them until Tuesday night. > > I’m usually a pretty mellow person, but some d-bag > sucker punched my friend when we were on the > sidewalk in front of a bar downtown. It > immediately turned some switch in me and I had the > guy in a rear naked choke a few seconds after he > jumped my friend. He started gurgling and I > thought he was going to stop. I pushed him off and > he came at me like some drunk pitbull. > > I put him a a guillotine after he charged and the > only thing I was really thinking was that I > couldn’t mess up my face because I just started a > new job yesterday. haha. This was while wrestling > on the streets and slamming each other on the > hoods of parked cars. The dude ran off after a > couple of minutes, and luckily I only got one > small scrape to the cheek that looks like > razorburn or something. I felt really ‘alive’ > after the experience. > > None of my ‘1st day’ coworkers said anything about > this odd red mark. Perfect. > > Well, just another day in the life… :wink: > > - ACE rear naked choke ? guillotine ? U do Jitz don’t u ?

Probably just watches too much MMA

dmiller385 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Probably just watches too much MMA Agreed, also I call BS on the “rear naked choke”. I used to do MMA on the side while boxing through the same training facility. A properly applied choke will cause the person to fully black out in 2-6 seconds from loss of blood flow, and they won’t be gurgling either. I remember throwing one on a friend in a sparing match, the way I rolled him after it was applied he couldn’t tap and he couldn’t audible for obvious reasons. I had no idea he’d blacked out until one of the observers pointed it out to me. Couldn’t have been more than 4-5 seconds that elapsed.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dmiller385 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Probably just watches too much MMA > > > Agreed, also I call BS on the “rear naked choke”. haha if youre going to electric zoo on saturday, well … I can demonstrate

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dmiller385 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Probably just watches too much MMA > > > Agreed, also I call BS on the “rear naked choke”. > I used to do MMA on the side while boxing through > the same training facility. A properly applied > choke will cause the person to fully black out in > 2-6 seconds from loss of blood flow, and they > won’t be gurgling either. I remember throwing one > on a friend in a sparing match, the way I rolled > him after it was applied he couldn’t tap and he > couldn’t audible for obvious reasons. I had no > idea he’d blacked out until one of the observers > pointed it out to me. Couldn’t have been more > than 4-5 seconds that elapsed. You’re about right, I’ve blacked out almost the very moment they’ve been sunk in before. He’s just lucky the guy didn’t have a chunk, I had two friends get killed in similar circumstances.

Rear naked chokes are pretty easy to pull on a mat if you have someone’s back. You have the chance to visualize, prepare the move in your mind, and quickly move when the time is right. Also, if your rear naked choke starts to slip, you can still use raw strength to pull your forearm against the guy’s trachea with your other hand. Its not pretty, but it has worked for me before in training.

The rear naked choke sounds like a synonym for the infamous “donkey punch” that I’ve put down on a large number of unsuspecting women.