First thing you will do

The Edge, hanks for the support. I REALLY NEEDED THAT. Since the day I enrolled in this program, it’s a tuff battle for me and when I passed level 2, my husband couldn’t take it. His ego was hurt so badly that every decision I made was contradicted. Now he lost his job and living off my paycheck for last 3 years !!! I have hired a cook last week to take over the stress of preparing meals daily, which obviously opposed by him. My biggest fear is after doing all this and suppose the results come out to be discouraging, he will not allow me to take it again !!! What a situation to be in right ?

^ Very sorry to hear that. I’m glad my wife is very supportive of me taking this test and is very understanding. It gets frustratign at times, but tell him to remember your Vows: For Better or CFA [worse].

Thanks bigwilly- I needed the support especially now. This gives me the strength to go on !! Thanks you

Just remember it will all be overwith in 12 days or so. And you WILL pass b/c you’re on this forum :slight_smile:

"Now he lost his job and living off my paycheck for last 3 years " Lucky guy!!!

you think so ? His ego is taking a big beating …affected his psychie…

His ego needs to find himself a job.

Correct. He has fallen into a very comfortable lazy zone-any ideas how to make him go find a job and leave me alone with my books ?

Hey derswap - you guys are both in a tough spot. But for your own sake, just take the time to study - plunge ahead/apologize later. Try not to deal with the relationship issues in the meanwhile. If he complains, just say that you understand his frustration and let it go at that. Fighting will just consume energy you can use studying. Good luck to you!

Stop giving him money

derswap, obviously you have some pretty big real life issues in play. One of the first thing I learned in this program is that life gets in the way. It’s killed me a couple times on these exams. We are pretty close to the end, so the best I can offer is to just try to push the obvious issues to the side for the next two weeks (they aren’t going anywhere and will still be there when you are done the exam) do the bare minimum you can to provide for your family for the time being, and make them understand that’s going to be the way for the next two weeks. You don’t need the distraction, and they need to be supportive of you considering what you are doing is just as much for them as it is for you. Hope it all works out for you, and good luck.

Derswap - if you have any friends you can count on - enlist them to ask for your husband’s help/golf outing/etc or ask your kids to ask their daddy to take them to a movie and say “we don’t want mommy - she’s no fun” any similar ploy until June 7th… how do I know? my husband will be a pro golfer by the time June 7th roles around. He’s had so much fun golfing I fear he’ll try to sign me up for another exam! he he

derswap07 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The Edge, > > hanks for the support. I REALLY NEEDED THAT. Since > the day I enrolled in this program, it’s a tuff > battle for me and when I passed level 2, my > husband couldn’t take it. His ego was hurt so > badly that every decision I made was contradicted. > Now he lost his job and living off my paycheck for > last 3 years !!! > > I have hired a cook last week to take over the > stress of preparing meals daily, which obviously > opposed by him. My biggest fear is after doing all > this and suppose the results come out to be > discouraging, he will not allow me to take it > again !!! > > What a situation to be in right ? you need to give yourself a lot of credit derswap07. look at what you have done and doing now. raising the family and being the bread winner - all cudos to you. this is not an easy thing to do, either as a bread earner or doing the cfa. Be proud of who you are, as an individual. life is a journey, not the destination; You are doing the best you can (and you are!) …relax and give this exam your best. I can not tell you what is right for you … you have to work these things out yourself … your journey. enjoy it, ‘dont sweat the small stuff’.

Kids are not a problem. Actually my older one stands up for me. The big guy is . I will try to keep away from him and try to keep him away from me !!! Thanks for the support-I’m in a much better mood to study now.

Put level 1 books, level 2 books, and level 3 books in a good place, all together, perfectly ordered by level and volume number…

hala_madrid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Burn level 1 books, level 2 books, and level 3 > books in a good place, all together, perfectly > ordered by level and volume number… I fixed your post.

yup, Hala can do that. I’ll wait till Aug.

plans: 5.15 PM down with min. two shots of tequila and vodka…dine/drink whole night…wake up next morning and jump off a plane by noon…sky diving…leaving on a trip to amsterdam or barcelona and white river rafting 4th of July…oooh hooo…i have to do six flags some how this summer…got to convince my better half!!!

call a few friends and tell them i have a life again. then go home, try to take a nap to rest up for a big night out.

but remember folks… it is not over until it is end of august :slight_smile: