For any american expats currently living in Dubai....

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If there is one dream shared by every > Indian, it is to live in the UAE. > ignorant with a big mouth there, aren’t ya? I dont understand where you picked your sample from, and how you can say this so confidently. I dont share that dream and I know millions others that dont. I bet you are one of those who judge a book by its cover, " oh I saw a beggar in France, France is a poor country…full of beggars"

definitely go for Dubai, it’s awesome. i think the financial crisis might have slowed down some current projects, but all the big playas are there http://www.theonion.com/content/news/dubai_debt_crisis_halts_building

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > definitely go for Dubai, it’s awesome. i think the > financial crisis might have slowed down some > current projects, but all the big playas are > there > > http://www.theonion.com/content/news/dubai_debt_cr > isis_halts_building This link is too funny.

I actually have Indian friends who work there and I visited numerous times. They feel that Dubai and Abu Dhabi are their own country. They love it. I’m speaking facts, and you are guessing or relying on U.S. hatred propaganda…the same propaganda that declined a huge offer by Dubai World to buy some U.S. seaports (how much did we lose because of ignorance and prejudice?). I have an Irish friend who is managing a food processing plant who is making more than double his salary in Ireland, tax-free, and he’s been there for about 10 years now. Ask him to move to the U.S. and he’ll growl at you! I have considered going there, and will do it if I get the job I want.

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually have Indian friends who work there and > I visited numerous times. They feel that Dubai > and Abu Dhabi are their own country. They love > it. I’m speaking facts, and you are guessing or > relying on U.S. hatred propaganda…the same > propaganda that declined a huge offer by Dubai > World to buy some U.S. seaports (how much did we > lose because of ignorance and prejudice?). I have > an Irish friend who is managing a food processing > plant who is making more than double his salary in > Ireland, tax-free, and he’s been there for about > 10 years now. Ask him to move to the U.S. and > he’ll growl at you! I have considered going > there, and will do it if I get the job I want. Let me set this straight for you, if your friends want to live/die in Dubai that’s their wish. BTW how many are we talking about? 100, 200, 5, 3? out of a population of more than a billion. Sample bias, not even a good enough sample! You seem to be prejudiced yourself, but still you blame 'em americans. Also, not everyone wants to live in US, there are MNC’s in every country and pay global salaries equivalent in $$$.

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually have Indian friends who work there and > I visited numerous times. They feel that Dubai > and Abu Dhabi are their own country. They love > it. I’m speaking facts, and you are guessing or > relying on U.S. hatred propaganda…the same > propaganda that declined a huge offer by Dubai > World to buy some U.S. seaports (how much did we > lose because of ignorance and prejudice?). I have > an Irish friend who is managing a food processing > plant who is making more than double his salary in > Ireland, tax-free, and he’s been there for about > 10 years now. Ask him to move to the U.S. and > he’ll growl at you! I have considered going > there, and will do it if I get the job I want No dis-respect to your friend but only the scum ends up in Dubai. He’s probably happy with the royal treatment he gets anywhere he goes with his white skin. Why would he want to give this up and come to the US and just be another random white guy? You seem to be brain-washed. I lived in this area for one year and I know what I’m talking about. Forget the slaves who built everything, just look at how Filipino, Indonesian and Ethiopian maids are treated. Shame on them ! I hate the fat “Lexus Sheppards” and hope to live and see the day when the world no longer needs their oil and they dream of going to India for a construction job.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dreary Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I actually have Indian friends who work there > and > > I visited numerous times. They feel that Dubai > > and Abu Dhabi are their own country. They love > > it. I’m speaking facts, and you are guessing > or > > relying on U.S. hatred propaganda…the same > > propaganda that declined a huge offer by Dubai > > World to buy some U.S. seaports (how much did > we > > lose because of ignorance and prejudice?). I > have > > an Irish friend who is managing a food > processing > > plant who is making more than double his salary > in > > Ireland, tax-free, and he’s been there for > about > > 10 years now. Ask him to move to the U.S. and > > he’ll growl at you! I have considered going > > there, and will do it if I get the job I want > > > No dis-respect to your friend but only the scum > ends up in Dubai. He’s probably happy with the > royal treatment he gets anywhere he goes with his > white skin. Why would he want to give this up and > come to the US and just be another random white > guy? > > You seem to be brain-washed. I lived in this area > for one year and I know what I’m talking about. > Forget the slaves who built everything, just look > at how Filipino, Indonesian and Ethiopian maids > are treated. Shame on them ! I hate the fat “Lexus > Sheppards” and hope to live and see the day when > the world no longer needs their oil and they dream > of going to India for a construction job. Bravo! Well Said. The desert will reclaim that sorry place one day…

I don’t know. Any developed country takes advantage of its share of cheap abused labor. We might not have Indonesian maids in the US, but we have Vietnamese sweatshop people sewing blue jeans for us. Just because they are removed geographically, doesn’t mean that they don’t exist. There is a significant supply of people in the world who are willing to work for low wages and under harsh conditions. I don’t see why a multinational corporation that caters to Americans would be less likely to utilize this supply than would a Dubai-based construction company.

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I don’t know. Any developed country takes > advantage of its share of cheap abused labor. We > might not have Indonesian maids in the US, but we > have Vietnamese sweatshop people sewing blue jeans > for us. Just because they are removed > geographically, doesn’t mean that they don’t > exist. There is a significant supply of people in > the world who are willing to work for low wages > and under harsh conditions. I don’t see why a > multinational corporation that caters to Americans > would be less likely to utilize this supply than > would a Dubai-based construction company. The last I heard no US MNC was paying $1 per day to foreign workers on US soil and making them living in concentration camp like conditions after stealing their passports.

Why does it matter whether or not they are on US soil? By this logic, it would be ok to torture US prisoners as long as they are in Guantanamo Bay, but not in the US. I’m just saying that US people benefit from abused labor, just like people in Dubai. We just don’t see it as clearly.

No disrespect to anyone either, but I also know of many sour grapes type of Indian guys who couldn’t make it to Dubai. Whatever the case may be, you’d have to explain the influx of people and capital going into Dubai, even as the economic situation looks deteriorating. I don’t know, but whenever I go there, I see lots of happy people all over, while here I see more and more deteriorating conditions and disgruntled folks over here. Beats me! Stumped!

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No disrespect to anyone either, but I also know of > many sour grapes type of Indian guys who couldn’t > make it to Dubai. Whatever the case may be, you’d > have to explain the influx of people and capital > going into Dubai, even as the economic situation > looks deteriorating. I don’t know, but whenever I > go there, I see lots of happy people all over, > while here I see more and more deteriorating > conditions and disgruntled folks over here. Beats > me! Stumped! You will obviously be happy if you lived in slums before.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It is like being on some evil , soulless planet. Yeah, I’ll take a hit of that.

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No disrespect to anyone either, but I also know of > many sour grapes type of Indian guys who couldn’t > make it to Dubai. Whatever the case may be, you’d > have to explain the influx of people and capital > going into Dubai, even as the economic situation > looks deteriorating. I don’t know, but whenever I > go there, I see lots of happy people all over, > while here I see more and more deteriorating > conditions and disgruntled folks over here. Beats > me! Stumped! money chase returns and often pipedreams and runs when risk pops its head. cap investment dropped significantly when the crisis came around. people are leaving destitute situations to enter a destitute situation. i guarantee any indian would much rather come to the us than go to dubai as the increase in standard of living is exponential instead of arithmetic.

I think to each his own … at the end of the day people make the choice to live there based on what they think is good for them .Yes it is true that there are a boatload of people waiting to leave India to go to the middle east but then again there are also a lot of people who are doing really well and will never leave thier country to go work elsewhere.

The favorite destination for people from India is undeniably USA by far. But I guess that is the case for all immigrants from any country.

marcus phoenix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The favorite destination for people from India is > undeniably USA by far. But I guess that is the > case for all immigrants from any country. For some countries only. Indian people are more likely to try the UK first, as are people from most post-colonial countries. People in South East Asia try to get into Australia.

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > marcus phoenix Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The favorite destination for people from India > is > > undeniably USA by far. But I guess that is the > > case for all immigrants from any country. > > For some countries only. Indian people are more > likely to try the UK first, as are people from > most post-colonial countries. People in South East > Asia try to get into Australia. No way…the top destination for people from India is the USA. They feel more at home (tons of Indian communities, restaurants, shops etc.) and a lot less hostility towards them than UK, Australia etc.

Dreary Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No disrespect to anyone either, but I also know of > many sour grapes type of Indian guys who couldn’t > make it to Dubai. Whatever the case may be, you’d > have to explain the influx of people and capital > going into Dubai, even as the economic situation > looks deteriorating. I don’t know, but whenever I > go there, I see lots of happy people all over, > while here I see more and more deteriorating > conditions and disgruntled folks over here. Beats > me! Stumped! When did you become this foolish? No disrespect.

I was in Dubai this past August…their economy is in the toilet with tons of people returning back home. The new tallest tower in the world will remain a ghost building.