Frames for CFA charter

So do we know if the new logo will be on the mat of these frames, or is it the terrible new one?

According to Framing Success they said they are working with CFAI to incorporate the new logo on the mat.

Are they still going to use Blue and Gold mats with the Turquiose and Lavender Logo?? it’s gonna look craptacular…

I received mine today with the old logo. For some reason, it has a 2011 date even though I applied to become a regular member in 2012. It may be an anomaly since I passed in 2011 but didn’t have enough work experience.

When did you apply for membership?

I had my work experience approved in 2011, but didn’t hit the 48 month requirement, so I was granted an affiliate membership. I hit the 48 month mark last month so I reapplied then.

It should be in Latin.

is it good idea to take a copy of the charter (in color of course) and frame the copy?

Why wouldn’t you just frame the original? SMH

Its not entirely safe. a wooden frame could be eaten up by termites, there couldd be water seepage on walls damaging the frame. My five year old neighbour targets frames for wall-tennis. I am thinking of all possibilities in the real world.

WOW…just WOW. I can’t believe you are actually serious.

or there could be an earthquake, so make sure the glass is bulletproof & shatterproof and then encased in titanium, like the space shuttles in case it falls off the wall.

And then potential flooding, which means waterproofing the entire case.

Then you have to think about theft, which means a laser guard and auto-lockdown system that sends the charter into an underground, concrete-reinforced, steel vault equipped with motion sensors in case someone tries to tunnel into your vault underground.

that’s why I said just take a copy and store it elsewhere. The cost of your idea exceeds the benefits. Its the classic case of using a pencil in the space rather than spend million of dollars in devicing a gravity-proof ink. You know what I am speaking about. Risk management - but not at the cost of going bankrupt. I am also thinking of insurance.

waiguy:

Lose the original, damage it, whatever. Contact CFAI and they will issue you another one. You don’t have to retake the tests is you have a blown water pipe that damages the original. You must relax about the “value” of the piece of paper.

These are really $160? Seriously? Isn’t that a bit much?

Waiguy, It’s not a bad idea. For all you westerners, it’s monsoon in India, and Indians have yet to engineer a building that doesn’t leak profusely when it rains. I noticed my caia charter was attracting lots moisture the other day. Sure enough dampness coming through the walls.

Your India bashing is not even laughable anymore. It used to be amusing a couple of years ago when you started doing that but now it’s just plain annoying. If you go back and track your comments on this website you’ll actually become aware of how ridiculously prejudiced you are.

Why don’t you get the f&ck out of there if you hate it so much?

classic water leakage

$200 for a frame is too expensive, I think, it looks nice though

So guys - I’d like to frame my charter given the number of memorial days I had to give up to get this thing, and trying to plan for when we get the official charters in the mail in December.

Are cheaper options out there than $160 from Framing Success? Does Framing Success have a monopoly on framing CFA charters??? There has got to be another option.