Franklin Templeton PM fired after viral video

lol i agree. she’s prolly just a ■■■■ in general. but in this instance she decided to use cops to intimidate him and her justification is because he is black and thats where she messed up because that is racist. and having a bad day does not excuse you for that. hell even taking ambean does not excuse you.

haha lol pretty harsh.

Yeah, do you really want this person as a coworker? What kind of sh*t does she pull?

Haa she reminds me of my ex-boss! I could see her doing this kind of stuff. She was very uptight and mean.

Apparently when she refused to put the dog on a leash he attempted to lure the dog over to him with treats that he happened to have even tough he didn’t have a dog. Pretty creepy.

Yeah, that is weird. I wouldn’t want some stranger, who I am having an argument with, feed my dog anything.

I would have threw a leash on the dog and left, wouldn’t stick around.

According to him, that’s exactly the reason he carries them: because people’s typical reaction is to put the leash on the dog.

You can infer this chick was a closet racist. A very small amount of stress & pressure freed up her inhibitions. Regardless of if she was having a bad day, this chick seems like a shitty person.

Head of Insurance at a shop like FT. She was probably grossing high 6-figures maybe low 7s (no rational basis behind this estimate)? Goes to walk her dog… gets into verbal altercation. Goes viral. Loses her job.

FT probably didn’t provide a soft landing package. Even if she highly qualified, she will have a hard time getting back into market, especially at large shops, because of optics.

the financial indsutry is like 90% white. im sure she’ll find a smaller firm that doesnt care. lol

So much literature and opinion being posted all over the net about this. I’m trying to feel sorry for her but I simply don’t. She’s a victim of her own decision making and really should have walked away the minute the guy pulled a camera out. Woman’s life is in absolute shambles.

Public shaming is real. I happened upon an article a few months back that was a follow up to the guy who threw a beer can on the field during the Blue Jays/Orioles playoff game. Guy said his life is still upside down… lost his job, friends, and can’t even go to a baseball game. And that was 8 years ago. It’s harsh, but this system of policing via shaming does act to deter otherwise ridiculous behaviour.

I guess that makes sense… actions have consequences. Life isn’t fair and sometimes the consequences aren’t either. Try to live a decent life and you can usually avoid some of the really bad stuff.

life is definitely not fair. what do you think is the percentage of blacks at ben? bet you there isnt that much blacks over there.

Probably not many. Rarely ever see black people on the sell side or buy side or CFA exams or events, finance in general

I don’t remember this, but I watched the video (and the Central Park one). Two totally different things. The guy at Chick Fil A is just trying to start a fight. He’s picking a fight with a person who is trying to be the better person (and who has nothing to do with anything)–all because Dan Cathy chooses to donate his own family money to further his own personal/spiritual/moral beliefs.

In the Central Park one, the lady is wrong on several counts: 1.) not putting the dog on a leash, 2.) pulling the race card, and 3.) giving a false report. But it doesn’t seem like she’s picking a fight just to pick a fight. She’s just trying to one-up the other guy, and the easiest way to do that (for an entitled white b!tch) is to pull the race card.

She’s definitely in the wrong, and I don’t have a problem with her getting fired over it (FT needs to protect its reputation). But it’s not nearly as antagonistic as Mr. Chick Fil A.

What’s worse this chick threatening black men with police officers or the police officers who actually killed George Floyd. They got an army protecting those cops right now. Apparently there’s a lot of people who want mob justice. Black mirror style. Anyways I’ve been thinking if it was a black police officer who did it to another black guy, would this have gotten less clout. Or what if it was a black woman who said there is an African man threatening her. Would she have gotten fired?

Uhhhhhh… I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the situation where the poor guy LOST HIS LIFE is worse.

in simple terms yes. but this is like saying whos the greater evil in got. the lannisters or littlefinger.

So you mean if a person of colour is looking in this similar situation they are less likely to be hired? Wow!

Some people are trying to defend her or maybe they are trying to defend racism. Who knows?

People in dtla are rioting for George Floyd. This is so bizarre. It was bad sure but I didnt see why people are so connected. What does 1 unjust killing have to do with the many unjust killings that happen in la. They are literally justifying trumps rhetoric. At this point I’m back in the maga trump. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I am all in favor of duterte style rule of law to bring order in a state of chaos