Franklin Templeton PM fired after viral video

Cool story

how about this one, not an opportunity for free stuff and fires?

Racist. Trying to support another Racist.

So interesting to watch closet racists coming out supporting Trump but defending their support by using some soft of BS analysis. You are racist and it doesnā€™t matter if you work in a white collar job. You are a racist. RACIST. I hope you get fired from your job and live on food stamps and never get P***y.

Iā€™m honestly anti trump. But Iā€™m pro order. These looting and graffiti need to be stopped. And trump is failing yet again.

Convince me that youā€™re surprised.

Iā€™ll take bets that the cop gets away with it in the Floyd case. Already the medical examiner is saying asphyxia is not the cause of death, and reports surfacing that neck restraint is common practice for the Min police dept. if that comes to pass, these riots will look like a Mickey Mouse parade.

Dems should stop playing nice. Play dirty just like Republican Party full of racists. Fake news. Fake ads whatever it takes to get power. ā– ā– ā–  for tat!

are curfews unconstitutional?

No.

:racehorse:

Iā€™m surprised that people got triggered by this. This ā– ā– ā– ā–  happened so many times before this. There is nothing really that makes it stand out from my POV. Anyways Iā€™m glad this is all happening. Been sick and tired of trumps stupid policies but I still admire his success and witty banter. Why this market is not burning is beyond stupid! Trump is planning something big though. He is getting lots of Troops in wh. So Iā€™m guessing heā€™s going to do something shady thatā€™ll trigger rioter.

Good points all around. Itā€™s also true that the entire police establishment, very sexist. In 2017 it was Minneapolisā€™s own finest that gunned down an Australian white woman on sight who called in a possible sexual assault behind her apartment. As the officer was a black male, sexism is clearly the root cause and not the horrendous lack of training and standards that permeate that department based on its track record. My memory is pulling a blank but Iā€™m sure people looted guitar stores in nearby Montreal then too as an act of support.

1 Like

Anyone read this? Pretty interesting take against the prevailing wisdom https://ideasanddata.wordpress.com/2019/08/10/on-racial-bias-in-police-shootings/

Wow bro, GTFO with statistics and reasoning.

1 Like

Iā€™m always a staunch supporter of sarcasm but Iā€™m having a hard time piecing together what youā€™re getting at. The smell test says youā€™re not convinced the killing was racially motivated. Fair enough, contrarian as it is.

That study rawraw posted is also very controversial. The authors later admitted the evidence did not support their underlying conclusion that police brutally was not directed primarily at blacks. You can see how a study like that would generate a high degree of counter intelligence.

Right or wrong I think these sort of things need to play out from time to time to move forward. Resistance towards racially perceived police brutality has been in the news long before Floyd. A la taking a knee at a football game, and many, many other examples. Throughout history America, and societyā€™s in general, have a tendency to take something to the extreme before real change happens. Itā€™s a slow and ugly process.

Even if this death was not racially driven, itā€™s not a bad thing that anti-racism is brought to the forefront - in spite of the riots, loss of life and other collateral damage.

My personal opinion is that these people have nothing better to do. No jobs. No money. Nothing to lose. Income inequality at its finest. Reminds me of the movie Valentineā€™s Day. Where one of the ladies said she was chill with the cheating and will work with it. But then dumped the guy because he lied about he cigarettes. Anyways what do these protestors want? What would placate these riots? Anyways that is not even what maga wants to do. The dumbass just wants to play strongman. Disgusting megalomaniac. With that said I approve using harsh measure to put down rebels. But I think it should only be done after exhausting other methods first.

1 Like

Hardcore, man. Weā€™ve come a long way since the civil rights movement, but that was only 60 years ago and still have room to improve. I realize that the rioters today donā€™t have the same justification as those in the 60s did, but the principle remains the same. Surely there were a few dudes robbing hardware stores during MLKs speech just for the hell of it, but thatā€™s the minority.

Ultimately this will all blow over or it will escalate further. 2020s already in the toilet so why not see how far we can take this ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . I do think / hope that something good will come out of this. Supporters go way behind the poor. Pro athletes, politicians, and even other police officers are getting behind it. The problem is thereā€™s no clear goal other than fairness, which is hard to measure. It takes time to change the collective opinion of a country / society.

I donā€™t view this as primarily a political / Trump issue. Theyā€™re just actors and this probably would have played out no matter who was sitting in the chair.

Try wearing a maga hat or saying all lives matter during any of the rallies and see what happens. This country is divided. We need one side to crush the other side and bring solidarity. I donā€™t care which side wins.

If Trump needs my help, Iā€™m ALL IN.

If came down to it, I wouldnā€™t hesitate risking my life or dying fighting domestic terrorists.