Friday Night Roll Call

Right now, I’m falling asleep at my desk while reading the section on Risk Mgmt w/ Swaps.

going to read some fixed income in schweser. i’m sure i’ll pass out.

I think I’m getting to the point where practice tests aren’t adding much to my level of comprehension, so I’m going to spend most of this weekend digging through Schweser and trying to increase my personal IC coefficient.

I just came back from the movie, kinda late to study. but I’ll try some

mcleod, i think you can rest, man. i’m not there yet. probably do an exam tomorrow. maybe 2008. i’m not looking forward to it. trying to read fixed income sleepy is proving to be not that effective.

alright florin. let’s see who falls asleep first.

Time to call it a night, otherwise I’ll end up waking @ 4am face down in Schweser Book 5…

hahaha What could be better than studying at 10pm on a Friday night? Knowing a few others are right there along with me. I just spent way too long trying to get currency translation risk and hedging into my head. It’s not that hard, my brain just refused to understand for a little bit.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > just made a pot of coffee. that should keep me up > for 2 hours tops. lol. i’m going to study as much > as i can, but not sure what i should do right now. > what are you doing. i’m thinking of reading > schweser, but i may pass out. i’m weak. i know. > 9:30 and i get sleepy… That’s crazy. I don’t know how people fall asleep with coffee that late. Sometimes if I have a coffee at 7am I am wired until 2am.

I routinely have coffee (americano) when I study at night. I usually have one around 7pm, then a 2nd one around 10ish or so. I often head to bed by 12 or 1. I have never had issues falling asleep after drinking coffee.

I’m usually drinking Vault or PepsiMax every night to stay awake, right up until the moment I go to bed. By the time I finally crash I’m usually so tired that it doesn’t matter how much caffeine I’ve had.

I go workout at 9.30 pm a good 30 mins on the elliptical …works like magic these days as at 1 am I have to literally read myself to sleep — no caffeine for me :slight_smile:

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfasf1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > just made a pot of coffee. that should keep me > up > > for 2 hours tops. lol. i’m going to study as > much > > as i can, but not sure what i should do right > now. > > what are you doing. i’m thinking of reading > > schweser, but i may pass out. i’m weak. i > know. > > 9:30 and i get sleepy… > > That’s crazy. I don’t know how people fall asleep > with coffee that late. Sometimes if I have a > coffee at 7am I am wired until 2am. i passed out last night probably 30 minutes after i wrote this. i should withdraw myself from the friday night roll call.

Cup of coffee, two advil, a glass of water and it is like last night never happened.

Was invited to go out for a drink - one drink - last night. Didn’t take much to convince me. Ended up being a long night with many “one drinks” and now feeling guilty as hell! It better be productive day today.

Well at least you had some fun… I didn’t go out but feel like I have a hangover anyways. Grabbin’ that coffee and advil and gonna hit Schweser 1 exam.

has this become the Saturday roll call too? unable to crank up the motivation till my husband kicked me out of the house. Fixed Income here I come!

Nobody should feel guilty for having a few drinks instead of studying, as long as it isn’t always the story. Everytime I’ve led a reasonably normal life and drank on occassion instead of studying I pass…everytime I decide I’l be extra studious and give up drinking so I can focus on the exam I fail. Thus I gave up the idea.

pica_39 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > has this become the Saturday roll call too? > unable to crank up the motivation till my husband > kicked me out of the house. Fixed Income here I > come! Sure, why not. Hopefully most of us are studying on a Saturday this time of year. Only 3 weeks to go!!

wanderingcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > pica_39 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > has this become the Saturday roll call too? > > unable to crank up the motivation till my > husband > > kicked me out of the house. Fixed Income here > I > > come! > > > Sure, why not. > > Hopefully most of us are studying on a Saturday > this time of year. Only 3 weeks to go!! was reading Null&nuller’s comment last night. Saturday morning: kids and chaos plus procrastination leads to a late start. here’s to another all-nighter!