Funny stories from exam day

There are always some good ones. Let’s hear them. There was one guy sitting in front of me that basically gave not 2 sh–ts for the protocol CFAI has in place. I can’t believe he didn’t get booted. Somehow got into the testing center with an envelope that he had his pencils and stuff in–had it on his desk; stood up and walked around not once, not twice, but thrice after the 30 minute mark without getting a proctor. Started writing in the test book before he was told to do so. And so on.

Proctors were all the time among us. Checking calculators, IDs, all that. In the morning session I was so concentrated, I did not see it coming: one of them took my ID, I saw the hand with my peripheral view, like out of nowhere and stretching somehow, IT SCARED ME TO DEATH!

There was a dude who was admitted to the testing center 30 minutes into the exam. I don’t know what his story was. There was a guy sitting to the left of me who was desperately trying to pick up a cute chick sitting right behind him. The chick was trying to concentrate before the second half, but the dude just kept coming up with lame pick-up lines.

The girl right next to me opened up the test book at the start of the exam, flipped through it briefly, then quickly colored in 120 ovals, closed the book and took a 2 hr 45 min nap.

Was she back for the afternoon session?:slight_smile:

Amazingly, yes. She did the same thing in the afternoon. Instead of napping though, she left.

Smarshy that’s funny. There was a guy who sat next to me in Boston that showed up 15 minutes late to both the morning and afternoon session. He was clearly having a tough time because he kept grunting and flipping through the pages. I didn’t even know you could be admitted after the test started.

you made that one up! smarshy. it is too funny to be true.

I swear it’s true. Hey cfaboston28, you were in my section. Did you see her?

I was sitting right behind my friend, so like 20-30 mins before the test we were just chit chatting in the exam hall… n this girl (let’s not go into how she looked) was like “excuse me, can you stop talking, I’m trying to concentrate” … Oh and the test book hadn’t been distributed yet… the br@ch!

Smarshy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I swear it’s true. Hey cfaboston28, you were in my > section. Did you see her? I didn’t see that. What was your number?

I got pulled into the hall after 5pm by a proctor, he wanted to see my hat…i was wearing a US SKI team hat, and this guy was clearly not a skier. so i followed the guy into the hall way, and gave him my hat, “whats all this?” he asked pointing to the underside of the brim…well, this summer my kids and i went to a dry land training session with the US SKI team and i had my hat autographed by Barbara Ann Cochran (gold in slalom '72) and Ted Ligaty (gold in 2006 combined) the guy just started laughing…he and all the other proctors had been looking at my lid all day and thought it was crib notes (like that would help!!) he was relieved he didn’t have to pull my exam. Incidntly, there was one young lady who coughed and coughed and coughed…never got water…just kept coughing. She was a couple rows in front of me or it would have killed me…i would have gone postal.

This guy sitting close to me asked another guy if they were serving free beer after the test.

Also, this guy brought the wrong calculator and was asking that they make an announcement for someone else to lend them theirs (this was in NYC with 4k people). Hilarious

A friend of mine just e-mailed me the following: “i have a friend who signed up to take level 1 and studied for the past 5 months for it. he thought it was december 15th and didn’t take it this saturday.” Ouch.

there was this caucasian guy sitting parallel to me that everyone had a reason to stare at, here’s why - before each session he did this zen thing where he would use open hands and move it in the air from the back of his head to the front and then bring them together like one would in an indian (not american indian) prayer. he did this a couple of times. the fact that he was caucasian and surrounded by asians while he did this, and that he looked like a geek was total reason for everyone around for smirks and much needed stress relief. either he was channelling the karma to the front of his brain, or else… LAWL

None of the stories can beat this one, AF classic Author: ccooper55 Date: Thursday, August 12 @ 1:49 pm This year, level III, NYC I am waiting for the bathroom in this massive line about 10 minutes before the start of the exam. There is this guy panicked out of his mind in line ahead of me who I noticed for the previous half hour had been rocking back and forth in the corner of the lobby murmering his notes back to himself from memory…a real whackjob. Anyway, As I am standing in line with this guy in front of me he starts to sweat profusely and I can litterally hear this guys stomach rumbling…this is where he really freaks out. He starts pounding on the stall doors ( there were only 2) and, of course, no one is coming out so this ass clown drops his pants, hops up on the sink, and blows SH**T all over the sink! The most disgusting thing was the backspray all over this guy! He was COVERED in his own Sh**t. I am laughing my ass off but this guy didnt miss a beat, he rinses off his pants, throws his shirt in the trash and walks into the test wearing only his windbreaker and wet pants. I could hardly stop laughing to myself a full half hour into the test…I knew then I was going to be alright because at least I didn’t just blow ass chunks all over the bathroom…priceless. Author: hughj Date: Thursday, August 12 @ 2:29 pm NYC this summer, I’ squirting lemon in my iced tea (for a little caffeine pick me up) right before I walk in to the exam center. Some of it squirts the wrong way, gets me in right in the eyes and I literally, can’t see a thing. I ask someone to help me get to the bathroom so I can rinse my eyes. I feel around for the sink, run the water and immerse my face in the sink, and to my horror, it’s full of sh**! I scramble to find a paper towel and the bin’s empty! At this point I go rummaging through the garbage in sheer hysterics to find anything to wipe my face, and to my relief I find a discarded shirt. I wipe my face as quickly as possible w/ the shirt, only to find I’m caking on more sh**, and now I can’t see again. I was totally confused until Cooper’s post put the pieces together for me. BTW I think I did ok in the morning session, afternoon was a little tough.

Everytime I see this post it cracks me up. Classic!

London: at some point before the exam we have the following announcement in the hall: “do we have a chinese interpreter?” (apologies to all our chinese friends on this forum - but this is a real one!)

I thought the uniforms the proctors had to wear were pretty funny…maybe it’s just me tho…but I’ve never been to an exam where the proctors all wore uniforms, and they had different colours going, yellow and orange I think I saw…