Funny stories from exam day

guy who sat next to me arrived 3 minutes before the doors were shut for both sessions. 5 min before the morning session was over (i was done… just waited and watched people freaking out), the proctor comes to the guy and tells him to hurry up. i thought that was strange until i see his blank answer sheet. he starts to fill in his ovals and the proctor looks at me and rolls her eyes. it took me a couple of minutes just to bubble in my name and candidate number… i was so sure he wasn’t going to finish. just as they announced the test was over, he filled in the last answer. during the break we talked about our calculators, the hp 12c. he borrowed it from a friend and only knew how to add and subtract. he did everything else on paper.

I wrote it in TO. The guy seated beside me would read a question then wave his hands in dismay, to signal that he didn’t know how to do it. There were instances where he started talking to himself. Haha, then there was the guy with a CASIO calculator hahaha…poor bloke.

leslie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > guy who sat next to me arrived 3 minutes before > the doors were shut for both sessions. 5 min > before the morning session was over (i was done… > just waited and watched people freaking out), the > proctor comes to the guy and tells him to hurry > up. i thought that was strange until i see his > blank answer sheet. he starts to fill in his > ovals and the proctor looks at me and rolls her > eyes. > > it took me a couple of minutes just to bubble in > my name and candidate number… i was so sure he > wasn’t going to finish. just as they announced the > test was over, he filled in the last answer. > > during the break we talked about our calculators, > the hp 12c. he borrowed it from a friend and only > knew how to add and subtract. he did everything > else on paper. thank God he finished the exam lol…I hope there were more people like him.

There was a guy who came to exam in the morning session & didn’t had pencil. He borrowed one of mine.

I lent a pencil to a woman who didn’t know she needed one for the test.

Someone’s stomach growled really loud within the first minute of the 2nd half. Or at least I thought it was a stomach growl…

During the break most of the people near me were sitting very quietly, looking dejected, staring at the tabletops. A guy walks up and his friend says, “how’d you do?”. He said loudly “Oh I thought it was so easy, I feel really good” (one of those loud guys, you know the type) Everyone simultaneously turned around to see who was talking and gave him the EVILLEST looks… it looked so choreographed I started laughing…

Tokyo Dec 2: My HP12c is 15 years old and the square HP log mark (top right) simply fell several years ago. They almost didn’t allow it at check in because it without the logo mark is was slightly different from the photo comparisons they had… thank god they finally said “OK”. We were PACKED into these tiny fixed position chairs and desks. The tiny space between the chairs and desk was ridiculous and the desk was only about a foot deep, barely fitting the exam book. My back and neck are killing. But some guy who seemed perfectly health had a cushioned chair and big desk all to himself - I wonder how he swung that…

I saw some a-hole in Boston waltz into the coat room during the break and announce to his buddy in a big loud voice that the test was “Easy Breezy”. Dude, if you are reading this, I want you to know that I think you are a d-bag.

A d-bag who probably failed the exam. Don’t let it bug you…

Two guys came into my Exam 1.5 hrs late. I was shocked, but they were Uni students and I think they HAD to show up for credit. I wrote in Seoul.

I saw a guy with 12 pencils ( flashy yello colour) on the table and another one came with a big head set…

i saw a lot of people with a bunch of pencils …like you are expecting 5 to break in a row…

I don’t see anything wrong with that, I brought mech and regular pencil just in case, for something like this, especially if that was your first time writing the exam (it was my first time), you have to plan for everything…I’d rather be overly cautious than unprepared for emergencies, contingency planning is the name of the game

Looked up when I heard some racket and saw this guy running at a decent pace towards the top of the exam hall. Thought to myself poor b*st*rd must have cabin fever. Then I realised he was trying to save time going to the WC! Never mind disturbing 100s of people with the echo he created in this aeroplane hanger!

My favourite parts were when people with high heel walked up to get some water or go the bathroom. Concentrating during the exam, my brain did block out some of the minor sounds but the high heel sound got into my head and I picked it up whenever someone walked past and it would last a good 30 to 60 seconds, both ways. I know it’s a bit silly but high heals should be discouraged in the exams. And if you do have to wear them and walk about during exams, please do so as a duo. Also both (you and your friend) will have to gallop across the exam hall to give the illusion that a horse is running through the exam hall. That way it will not only be distracting but amusing too. Also the drilling in the morning session in London did not help.

nilay the high heels and “drilling” drove me nuts too. in june i am bringing ear plugs. although i was told the “drilling” was airplanes, doesn’t help that the excel centre is so close to london city airport.

there was a hole on the ground, right close to my chair, and two proctors came to me during the exam: please be careful…

There was a guy who forgot to register for the afternoon. He just walked in and went to the chair. The proctor comes and tells him to go and register. He comes back back to pick a calculator. Comes back again to pick up the ticket and everyone is looking is looking and laughing. I say to the guy next to me, "Lucky him its his first time. Me and the guy next to me were on trip number 3!

London Excel Centre I noticed the drilling and the Aeroplane’s flying over as well. Not to mention the guy with the tap-dancing shoes running to the toilet and back… twice Was an experience anyway. My neck and shoulders were killing me after the exam. I didn’t really want to look up and stretch my arms just in case they though I was cheating! Went to the car park in the lunch break so that I could have some quiet time and read through some of my notes… looked like a lot of people had the same idea and it was a bit weird sitting in your car with the engine running, and looking over and seeing other people looking back at you from their cars!