Funny stories from exam day

Yup, I had a sit in my car opposite the yacht and listened to the radio - I was just annoyed the cricket was over. It was a beautiful day though - really clear and crisp - it was just nice to be outside after all that time inside. That head proctor sounded like Derren Brown. It was really stupid when he said “you may only use the toilets immediately to my left and my right”, when there were 4000 people there and most people had no idea where he was.

You all seem to have had more interesting exam center experiences than I did. I wrote the exam in San Diego, and it was fairly uneventful. Everybody was very quiet for the most part, which was nice. Still, I brought earplugs to wear during both sessions, which helped tune out what little noise there was. Actually, now that I think about it, the girl next to me kept frantically flipping through her book and occasionally pounding the table. Since only two people sat on a given table, I could feel the vibration each time.

London Excel The drilling and high heels sound really drove me mental! I had difficulties concentrating on both sessions. Another thing annoy me was that you are not allowed to consume water on your desk.

Right in the middle of the test, the proctor picked up my Mono eraser, told me, “u’re not supposed to have this” and then walked away with it. i was thinking wtf???

I saw proctors taking the wrapping off of erasers and leaving just the bare eraser on the tables. I thought that was fairly excessive.

I had a mechanical pencil and forgot to check how much lead it had left. Of course, it had one two inch piece left. I discover this about 15 minutes before the exam. So I ask a guy who has 6 f-ing pencils if I could borrow one (actually I said buy), and he said “NO.” Luckily, another guy who had 4 hooked me up with one. To that 6 pencil guy, you suck at life.

the proctor took the rubber band off my pencils. It was one of those uber-thin ones. I don’t know exactly how that would be a benefit to me, but rules are rules, I guess. I was just trying to keep all my stuff from rolling around and bothering people.

free t-shirts “i survived the cfa exam”. It was pretty funny to watch a massive crowd heading from the JJCC with white t-shirts hanging off the shoulders/pockets in the freezing windy night

Funny stories guys - now I know why the pass rate hovers around 40% :slight_smile:

DomerCajun Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had a mechanical pencil and forgot to check how > much lead it had left. Of course, it had one two > inch piece left. I discover this about 15 minutes > before the exam. So I ask a guy who has 6 f-ing > pencils if I could borrow one (actually I said > buy), and he said “NO.” Luckily, another guy who > had 4 hooked me up with one. > > To that 6 pencil guy, you suck at life. Hahahaa… that 6 pencil guy definitely sucks.

apcarlso Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > DomerCajun Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I had a mechanical pencil and forgot to check > how > > much lead it had left. Of course, it had one > two > > inch piece left. I discover this about 15 > minutes > > before the exam. So I ask a guy who has 6 > f-ing > > pencils if I could borrow one (actually I said > > buy), and he said “NO.” Luckily, another guy > who > > had 4 hooked me up with one. > > > > To that 6 pencil guy, you suck at life. > > > Hahahaa… that 6 pencil guy definitely sucks. WTF 6 pencils and he couldn’t even hook up one???..I actually just laughed out loud at that…he may actually be the worst person ever

“You suck at life” I’ve never heard that expression before, and it’s brilliant. I can suddenly think of dozens of people I know who suck at life.

The story from ccooper in NYC was hilarious. I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time. I don’t plan to eat anything the day of my test in June. I’ll eat afterwards, so I don’t have the stomach bubbles. :slight_smile:

The Vancouver Convention Centre is right on the waterfront so we had sea planes taking off and landing right outside our room. Not as loud as a jet, they are all turboprop holding at most 20 or so passengers generally flying to Vancouver Island and back. Mildly annoying nothing more.

xiyiziLi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Right in the middle of the test, the proctor > picked up my Mono eraser, told me, “u’re not > supposed to have this” and then walked away with > it. i was thinking wtf??? What? Mono erasers arent allowed? But I thought erasers are allowed? What is it abt a Mono eraser that makes it so special tthat it shld be banned!!! That really sucks! I acty was lame, I printed 2 copies of the exam ticket and I brought the 2 copies in. Was told that I needed only 1, and the dumb thing was, I was walking to the trashcan to throw away the extra copy and one of the proctors stopped me. I said, I just want to throw away an extra copy of the admissions ticket I have. Midn you, that was way before the exam started. Some 40mins or so. How lame…I cant even throw away a piece of paper.

This one’s my favorite. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,563314,563406#msg-563406 “IN Houston there was a Gun and Knife show in the next hall over. Imagine the look in everyones eyes when a lost Gun and Knife show atendee walked into the lobby of our hall with an AR15 over his shoulder. Only in Texas!”

DomerCajun Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I had a mechanical pencil and forgot to check how > much lead it had left. Of course, it had one two > inch piece left. I discover this about 15 minutes > before the exam. So I ask a guy who has 6 f-ing > pencils if I could borrow one (actually I said > buy), and he said “NO.” Luckily, another guy who > had 4 hooked me up with one. > > To that 6 pencil guy, you suck at life. Maybe he thought you said I’ve only got two inches, can I borrow your pen*s?

2 inches, 6 pen*sils… vas de deferens?

hiredguns1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This one’s my favorite. > > http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,56 > 3314,563406#msg-563406 > > “IN Houston there was a Gun and Knife show in the > next hall over. Imagine the look in everyones eyes > when a lost Gun and Knife show atendee walked into > the lobby of our hall with an AR15 over his > shoulder. Only in Texas!” Ha. In in the Minneapolis facility, there was an ice fishing expo going on. I actually bought a ticket between sessions to check it out and clear my mind.

Chris, dude, how do you even come up with stuff like that? hiredguns1, that’s funny :))