Game of Thrones Season 6

I just staretd watching Season 6, afer reading all 5 books… show cannot even cover a 1% of depth that GRR had. I want my book 6 now

It does seem like the pace or the story is picking up. I wonder if the fact that the show is now able to diverge from the book is allowing the screenwriters a freer hand to speed up the story.

They just said, screw this big character, I don’t want to have to deal with him anymore, and gee, why do we even need Iron Islands in here anyway so screw them.

Mindblowing theory about Hodor:

http://mashable.com/2016/05/04/game-of-thrones-lyanna-hodor-horse-flashback/#Qqv99zu4Tsqu

TL;DR: Wyllis warged into a horse, and horse died. What is left is a horse’s mind inside Hodor. Although I guess for that to happen the horse needs to warg into you? Although Hodor is a supposed descendant of Ser Duncan the Tall, so unclear where the warging ability would come from.

Watchu takkin 'bout Wyllis??

If the Hodor/horse theory plays out, I think I’ll have to stop watching.

That’s a really, really dumb theory.

Edit: Duncan is not related to Bloodraven. Mental lapse.

Fk you dude!

His name is Wun-Wun, he’s a giant and he’s the last of his kind.

Really looking forward to the pacing of this season and I think the second episode really set the tone. Next season should be the penultimate season if not the final so I think we all really are in for a treat.

The guys playing Ramsey Bolton and Theon Greyjoy are fantastic actors. Loved the moment when he seemed to be getting sentimental about his girl only to finish with 'Feed her to the dogs". Summed him up perfectly.

I am just happy we saw Benjen again.

I am very happy with the way this Bran arc is trending. Plus the introduction of the Crow’s Eye. Oh yesss.

If you’re a book reader, I don’t know how you can be happy with what they’ve done with Jamie Lannister though. Holy lord have the show runners ruined such an amazing character.

They introduced Bloodraven two seasons ago.

And, while Jaime’s story has gone south (literally) compared to the books, I don’t see it as that big a departure.

Where did I say they didn’t introduce Bloodraven two seasons ago? As far as I remember that was Euron’s first appearance in the show. Wtf?

*book spoilers*

Maybe it’s been awhile since I finished reading, but to me Jaime is completely different. On the show he’s Cersei’s little b*tch and has no backbone sent into a terrible storyline that accomplishes nothing (Dorne is a mess). In the books he basically leaves Cersei to die when she asks him to save her, meanwhile actually getting shit done across the riverlands.

My bad. I skimmed your post and read it as three-eyed crow, not crow’s eye. I’ve been drinking less recently and it’s been disastrous for my brain. I’m also psyched about Euron but I thought the casting could have been better. That’s based off of 90 seconds of screen time though, so I’ll give him a fair shake.

And, I see your point about Jaime. I was thinking more of his overall arch. From an extremely hated character to one we grow to root for. I think that’s still been accomplished. The whole Dorne thing was handled just terribly.

Maybe it’s because this is the first season that I’m watching the episodes as they air instead of 2 or 3 at a time, but the episodes feel choppier this season. Seems like they’re jumping among the various story lines more than prior seasons. Probably just me though.

Tower of Joy was a mammoth tease, however Ser Arthur Dayne brought the f***ing pain until he got cheap… knifed.

This was a very weak episode, with the only important thing being the (poorly done) ToJ scene and the very last scene where Jon says, “My watch has ended”.

So should we take the “my watch has ended” line to translate to… “I’m tired of this circle jerking cult of dudes wearing black protecting a stupid wall nonsense. I’m gonna go ride dragons, kill shit with a flaming sword, and bend Dany over the iron throne.”

(Minor spoiler next paragraph: I don’t think I’m revealing anything particularly important, at least for those who are mostly caught up)

I did like how Ser Alliser basically said “I did it to protect the Watch. I bet and I lost, so that’s why I’m here. Let’s get on with it.” It was rather Stannis-like, actually. If I ever find myself in a situation like that - right or wrong - I hope that I can face the music with that kind of dignity.

The episode itself was kinda boring, but I get that they may need to fill in some stuff before getting to the next important moment.

As for “My watch has ended,” it’s basically what they say when a Night’s Watch brother dies (“And now his watch has ended.”) Since Jon did die at the end of the last season, that means that he’s fulfilled his oath to serve until he dies. Now he can go do whatever he wants… which (I’m guessing) is to try to take Winterfell with a wildling army.

^ The writers really seemed to have wanted Ser Alliser to go out as a sympathetic character. I dont recall if it was E1 or E2, but the speech he gave about why he engineered the plot to kill Jon Snow was rational and dignified as well.

Agreed. Thorne’s outro was great. The guy was a s***stick but it’s hard not to at least understand the choices he made and respect the hell out of the way he went out. Damn.

I also was glad to see they breezed through Arya’s training with that effective little montage. I was worried they were gonna drag that out half the season.

The King’s Landing stuff right now is about as unbearable as it gets though. Something drastic needs to happen there because it’s just simply not interesting in any way. Get on with this church/state fight or the Mountain Redux killing some more poor fools… something. The musical chairs/high school cool kids table scene or whatever the hell that was…zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Without Varys and Littlefinger in the Red Keep it’s just not worth the time spent there.

(Edit: WHERE IS BRONNNNNNNNNNNNN)

Bronn’s arc should pretty much be over by now I guess. No real point bringing him back, he’s a lord with a castle and that was pretty much the extent of his ambition.

Glad I’m not the only one pissed off at the Dorne scenes, “You want bad pussy”, “You’re a greedy bitch”, wtf is this shit? Also, the new Khal guy, “Ok, it’s one of the top 5 moments.”. Who is writing this crap?

Tyrion seems to have become less likeable unfortunately, some of his jabs at Vary don’t really fit the way they had built his character.