Game of Thrones Season 6

I’m sure if I went into the careers forum and started a thread called “The CFA Plus Approach” detailing the many “networking” meetings I initiated and then sat through fawning over complete and utter dbags and how many days I sat for 12 hours doing mind numbing bitchwork on spreadsheets to get to the end of the year to be shafted on pay all while smiling and being thankful I’d be complimented on setting a precedent…

…no actually, the thread would probably sink and everyone would go back to studying for whatever exam they’re doing without ever talking to anyone.

New trailer out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI0ib1NErqg

Oooh, I like the new Red Priestess, though Melissandre does remind me a bit of one of my students’ mothers.

Looks like Tyrion may be a Targaryan after all.

Or Prince Frog (only the book readers will catch that, so no spoilers).

You know nothing bchad.

The trailers look bloody fantastic. I’m just a little skeptical because I don’t think anything now can eclipse S05E08 and the arrival of the White Wakers but then this is Game of Thrones. A little too much is revealed but I suppose anyone who thinks a bit could have predicted it.

A show like this has to have redemption as a theme somewhere and we all know that it has to be the Starks. You imgaine Bran, Sansa and Jon re-uniting is somewhat straightforward. They show the Wildlings fighting men, either they’re fighting the faction that killed Snow which seems unlikely as they wouldn’t have so many numbers or they’re fighting with a resurrected Snow. That can only mean the Boltons which means by the end of this season the North will belong to the Starks again.

Now that we know what the White Walkers can do the story arcs with the Lannisters etc seem slightly pointless as it’s clear that the main theme involves the White Walkers. Tyrion is going to ride one of those dragon from the poster from last season and the clip from this. It’s a little difficult to see where Littlefinger and Varys fit into all this.

Predictions - Cersei to get offed by Arya, White Walkers to break through the wall in the season end cliff-hanger.

PS : As good as this show is someone recommended ‘The Americans’ and I think it’s the best shit on TV. The way they incorporate so many world events seemlessly into that show is mad. The scene where Elizabeth is about to kill the White South African for infiltrating an anti-apartheid college only for the Black South African to tell her ‘Let me do it for my people’ and proceed to set him on fire using a tyre while coldly watching the whole thing is next level stuff. The ‘Tainted Love’ bus scene amongst many other was so well done that it simmers and simmers without the cheesy explosion. Unprecedented for an American product to have such a holistic, global and subtle viewpoint.

Holy Shit! That was awesome! Doran, they’d just started building up his story and WTF?

Little did we know we’d get another amazing one for our memories so soon!

Yeah, that was rather unexpected (though not to book readers, I assume).

Then again, Lululemon has been known to do similar things.

A new meaning to the phrase “The night is dark and full of terrors.”

https://youtu.be/-5C6kG57J7Q

Sadly, it will be many years before I can unsee that.

Can I take back my interlude in the nude with Melissandra now?

That was pretty underwhelming as a process. Just say some words? I expected fires to roar, the ruby to glow and Mel to do various naked things inside a tent.

Interesting body count last night.

favourite kills of the night were by the troll and the mountain

This is either just a mistake on your part, or the most clever trolling I’ve ever seen. You actually got me worked up because you mislabeled a giant as a troll. If you did it on purpose, you trolled me with a troll. That’s some meta-type trolling right there.

I agree, the Lord of light should request full frontal dances from melisandre before granting life

Keep in mind that it was a dude who conducted the ceremony the other time it happened on the show.

I was late to GOT and binge-watched the previous seasons. This waiting a week between episodes thing really sucks.

The show was better when it was only about political games. Since last season they are going too deep in the mythical spectrum and it is getting uninteresting