GAME ON!!!!

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lucky I wish I had an excuse to go to the bar! > > JK - A couple years down the road when this has > blown over just think of the stories you’ll have > to tell! Priceless Ohh yes. Also part of the speech I missed to point out.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Lucky I wish I had an excuse to go to the bar! > > JK - A couple years down the road when this has > blown over just think of the stories you’ll have > to tell! Priceless I hope you are right, but I cant make a case for this. Whatever the outcome is, it will surely last longer than a couple of years. Terms like “generational shift,” “fiat currency being tested,” “prolonged demand destruction” come to mind, when I think about the current state of things.

sid3699 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just came back–LIVID. My intelligence is gravely > insulted. > > Global head of research and US head of research: > > 1) Keep your head down and stay focussed > …and stop making such loud slurping noises down there. > 2) IGNORE CNBC. They are crap > > 3) Be proud that you are part of the number one > research team on the street > Sure. Good research guys. > > 4) “IF” we have to go out, then go out with a > BANG > I guess this is the new plan, curtailing #1. > 5) Don’t take to traders. They are spreading > rumours > “Taking” to traders just never turns out well. Be flipped in no time. > 6) Don’t pay attention to the stock on the screen > Or the man behind the curtain. > 7) We don’t know what the plan is > Well, I guess that’s good because the last one didn’t work out so well. > Am getting drunk ASAP Excellent…

JoeyDVivre Wrote: “Taking” to traders just never turns out well. Be flipped in no time. Ohh come on. Like spelling error is my biggest worry. Am preparing LEH’s eulogy for Sunday. Please, no sarcasm in the meantime. Or as a “loyal” employee I should write an elegy?

I’ve heard No. 5 before. Very true. Willy

WFT I was in a meeting for a couple of hours and I missed the most important discussion in this forum! Cheersssss!

my technical/charting analysis is showing support at zero, if we break that level, game over.

Reporters are hiding in the crowd near my office. Cameras and news vans all around the office. Went for drinks with pimp and another friend. A woman comes by, “excuse me, do you work for LEH? Can I buy you drinks? I work for financial news (or something like that–beer was kicking in). Can I get some news?” We basically told her, “I will go down with this ship, and I won’t put my hands up and surrender. There will be no white flag above my door…”

sid3699, that’s cool - did you get her number? I don’t have much trouble finding women to take out, but I’d be delighted if I could find someone who’d take *me* out for drinks. If you decided to pass on the reporter, feel free to send her my way.

Besides, with the way that the market’s been going, I don’t know if I can bank on a big bonus this year…so if anyone feels like paying for drinks, at least I have the presence of mind not to turn them down!

I am at the same shop and I was at my local liquor store picking up goodies. Left office at 2.00 p.m. and a cp from other BB saw me then picked up the bill. Only 45 bucks but still a nice thing to do. So sad but so true.

numi Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Besides, with the way that the market’s been > going, I don’t know if I can bank on a big bonus > this year…so if anyone feels like paying for > drinks, at least I have the presence of mind not > to turn them down! Bonus?? LOL. If the bank somehow survives and am still there, they will ask me to pay them.

I may be getting a bill next friday instead of a check

After market trading is still on–stock is at $ 3.70

You might consider going in at that level. If the take out price is lower, it’ll be at most only a few bucks a share downside. However, you might get taken out at a higher point point given that the buyer already knows they may have to pay more to keep the shareholders from bitching (remember BSC $2 -> $10?).

If Lehman goes under grab as much Lehman Bros branded shiot you can find and throw it up on ebay. Strangely enough, people pay mega dollars for that kind of stuff.

chuckrox8. that is the last thing on many peoples mind

Can you purchase Leh items at the corporate gift store or something? Maybe you should buy some Leh mugs or teddy bears as a hedge?

lol I still have a box of BSC bears. lol

DICK FULDS IMMORTAL WORDS: “Do we have some stuff on the books that would be tough to get rid of? Yes,” he said last summer. “Is it going to kill us? Of course not.”