GARP Climate & Sustainability Risk 'SCR' exam

so what did you think?

Did anyone attempt the exam on 30 September? How did it go? Any feedback, guidance for aspiring exam takers?

I try to take the exam during the November slot.

Currently I have unsolved technical problems with my GARP / Pearson Vue Account which leads for me to be unable to re-schedule any exam.

Up to know the guys from Pearson VUE / GARP are doing a very bad job in helping me out with my problems. From Pearson VUE I always get (nearly) the same answers / reactions. From GARP Im hearing nearly nothing.

Very frustrating.

Regards Alexander

Just took the exam on nov 1st.

The exam was tough. There are around 20 questions which were really confusing. Some 20 questions were straightforward. Around 40 questions with medium difficulty level. It was a tough exam. The material is too broad and 150hours lf study ia not enough. You need to study multiple time to retain the concepts. There is no quant or fact based questions so it is very qualitative and subjective.

Anyone who took the exam during sep slot?? Did you receive your result??

hey, can I ask why you said the exam was tough? I read in this forum it was quite straight forward and high level- not concrete questions. I have the exam next Saturday, just re-reading all the notes I prepared, honestly don’t know what else to study.

Actually I was able to take the exam yesterday.

In my opinion it was quite though and partly (for me) not clearly regarding the answers.

Hi all. Any early tell whether you passed the exam? Can you re-register for the SCR exam? Is this a bad sign?

bump! did you check you exam results?

Hi, I am planning to write next year, is it possible to have access to the study material before apply to the course to have a overview on course. Further is it possible to take print out of the E-Book (to reduce the screen time). ?

@Alexandwr1 Hi, how did you get your issue resolved. I am currently trying to schedule the exam for April 2021 but facing same issue as you I guess. I am unable to schedule my exam through Pearson VUE. I asked pearson guys they said GARP will authorize but they havent yet.

Kindly let me know how was your issued solved. Thanks

Hi , do u have any notes ?

Hi there…when did you receive the results. Just want to understand the time lag. I appeared in April 21.

I dont know. I havent seen any publication date so far.

Just saw the result today. Passed with section 1-1-2-1-1-2. It was very tough to study entire material and there was no practice questions. The exam was tough and confusing. My summary notes was very critical for passing the exam.

Any tips from your end on how to organize and prepare… ?
Trying to make notes while studying but some times I feel that its too draining…!

Can u pls suggest what should be our focus area → Facts or mere concepts will do… ?

By facts i mean name of institutions, timelines, stats on temperature, Co2 emission etc.,
By concepts , i mean principles and purpose of different modules (not focusing on stats)

It looks like there is a new “Ultimate SCR Exam Prep” course. I can’t tell who offers it. Has anyone done this? Is it worth the money?
I also welcome any tips from anyone who passed the last exam!
TIA

Hello … going to sit in October ‘21 exam …. Thinking about how to start. Even the $300 price tag for the hardcover book seems to high. Anyone wants to donate or resell? :smiley:

What kind of questions? can you please throw some light on that?

Hello, any chance you can share the summary notes? My exam date is in a month. Also, can you elaborate a bit on why you found it confusing?

I’m taking my examination in 2 weeks too. I find the amount of content very overwhelming.

I do find that the book is quite badly written, with too much repetitions and drastically changing writing styles and structures. I wouldn’t even call this a book, but a collection of papers from xx individuals who did not align among themselves on the overall content structure.

I have summarised my own notes, but still find it hard to digest. I have the physical book, which i will put up for sale once I pass my exam.

I somewhat regret taking this course to be honest.

1 Like