GARP Climate & Sustainability Risk 'SCR' exam

Hey everyone! I am taking the exam in two weeks and as many mention the curriculum seems to be overwhelming. Maybe a bad choice after an exhausting CFA Program. Currently trying just to finish the material until the exam day. Has anyone kept notes that could share to facilitate a 1-2 day review of the most important context?

In the same boat. Have the exam over the weekend and not finished the material. Anyone here given the exam in October cycle and any reviews? The material is extremely unstructured and not coherently arranged. Just a random collection of articles from various sources with no linkages between. Can anyone please share notes? $700 wasted here for me otherwise.

1 Like

It will be great if you can share your notes. If that’s not possible could you share your exam experience? Thanks.

I took the exam yesterday (Oct 31). Found a lot of questions to be quite confusing. How did you guys do? Any idea on when to expect results?

Guys I paid for the SCR study materials and sat for the exam in Oct 2021 - I DO NOT recommend this cert.

1. The materials are lengthy but the main issue resides in that the content is copy and pasted from several publicly available reports to create a ‘study’ book. It is not original content; and does not add insightful comments other than what is already publicly available. USD800 is a high price to pay for the quality.
  2. Upon receiving your exam results, GARP does not explain which qs you answered incorrectly. They provide a generic graph showcasing where you rank - quartile 1 to 4 - but does nothing to show what incorrect.
  3. The service team don’t respond to your concerns - I’ve sent several emails, all of which received an automated email response. It’s been a month and still no one has reverted.

I believe the SCR cert is a “cash grab” from a corporation that’s aware ESG/sustainability is trending and wants to capitalize on that. Pls do think twice before investing $800.

What is the passing marks for SCR exam?

The pass rate is really low because there is lots of material to study and people can’t deal with that much info.
You can get the material summaries on docmerit webpage

You can buy the summaries and notes on docmerit webpage.

The text is useless to passing the exam. I can tell you that. That SCR exam is NOT a fair exam!!!

I am writing the exam in Oct 23. the material needs a thourough reading. you will realize this the moment you go through the Test provided by GARP. studying through notes and self prepared material apart from the handbook.