Getting a chick to like you in a group sitch

So you’re in a group situation, going for lunch, lets say 4 to 6 people for maybe an hour. There’s a chick there you dont know well, infact noone really does at the table. How do you bring it? Additional, other people at table are in your corner to help make it happen…

When you all meet up, introduce yourself but act like you aren’t impressed by her. She’s just a girl going with the guys for lunch that day. Try to sit next to her when you sit down for lunch. Seem disinterested still at this point. If the others are helping you, you can tell a story that makes you look interesting or cool in a subtle way. Or they can, which would be better. Eventually she will show interest through hair touching or looking at you or whatever. Then have the others engage in separate conversation from time to time at which point you can talk to her 1 on 1. Throw in an accidental touch here or there. Or punch her arm playfully. Remember, you are in a public setting and presumably with work people so she isn’t going to go all out and show her interest as much as she would if she were in a different social environment. When you are walking back to wherever after lunch, talk to her 1 on 1 and either get her number or invite her to a party or something along those lines. If you get blown out at any point along the way, say F it and move onto the next. This would just be my approach. Others may have better ideas.

Lose 10-15 pounds.

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > When you all meet up, introduce yourself but act > like you aren’t impressed by her. She’s just a > girl going with the guys for lunch that day. > > Try to sit next to her when you sit down for > lunch. Seem disinterested still at this point. > > If the others are helping you, you can tell a > story that makes you look interesting or cool in a > subtle way. Or they can, which would be better. > > Eventually she will show interest through hair > touching or looking at you or whatever. Then have > the others engage in separate conversation from > time to time at which point you can talk to her 1 > on 1. Throw in an accidental touch here or there. > Or punch her arm playfully. Remember, you are in a > public setting and presumably with work people so > she isn’t going to go all out and show her > interest as much as she would if she were in a > different social environment. > > When you are walking back to wherever after lunch, > talk to her 1 on 1 and either get her number or > invite her to a party or something along those > lines. If you get blown out at any point along the > way, say F it and move onto the next. This would > just be my approach. Others may have better ideas. Good advice, I want to stress that sitting arrangements play a huge role and you have to sit next to her.

is sitting across form her also ok? I have talked to her a few times before for a bit. good eye contact etc, everyone things shes interested. So im not sure about playing the disinterested card at this stage is appropriate, but other advice I will use…

People analyze too much around here. Just be cool, don’t need anything. Listen, don’t rush, chips will fall where they will. Pretty standard.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People analyze too much around here. Just be > cool, don’t need anything. Listen, don’t rush, > chips will fall where they will. Pretty standard. no no no no dont listen to black swan…get a mullet haircut, wear a leather jacket and say stuff like “far out, isnt it ironic?, and kewl” every chance u get

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > People analyze too much around here. Just be > > cool, don’t need anything. Listen, don’t rush, > > chips will fall where they will. Pretty > standard. > > > no no no no dont listen to black > swan…get a mullet haircut, > wear a leather jacket and say stuff like “far out, > isnt it ironic?, and kewl” every chance u get How is that NOT listening to my advice? I specifically said “be cool”

What do u think? sometimes other makes you fool to get good story. BTW Invite her to a party. transferpricingCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > everyone things shes > interested.

When you meet her confidently say your name, maybe crack a joke about what she is wearing (make sure it’s playful though and not over the top). Build social rapport with the group (if you don’t already have that) and demonstrate higher social value by telling awesome/funny/exciting stories that engage the group and make them laugh or get excited. (Protip: If you tell a joke and when everyone is laughing and she is looking at you when she laughs, you’re pretty much in). Escalate through touching and making her feel comfortable. Make absolutely SURE that you break the physical barrier (light arm touching, small of the back etc…) You’ll be in like flynn.

When you meet her confidently say your name, maybe crack a joke about what she is wearing (make sure it’s playful though and not over the top). Build social rapport with the group (if you don’t already have that) and demonstrate higher social value by telling awesome/funny/exciting stories that engage the group and make them laugh or get excited. (Protip: If you tell a joke and when everyone is laughing and she is looking at you when she laughs, you’re pretty much in). Escalate through touching and making her feel comfortable. Make absolutely SURE that you break the physical barrier (light arm touching, small of the back etc…) You’ll be in like flynn.

Make absolutely SURE that you break the physical barrier (light arm touching, small of the back etc…) ^I see this ending well^

Yah, I agree w/ pimpin on this one, gotta take a slightly more conservative approach in the workplace

I wouldn’t do an arm punch. Offer your business card and she’ll give you hers or find her on linked in. Then follow-up. But be aware of why she is there, if she is on business make it super subtle. One time I got hit on standing in line at Starbucks when I was there with an interviewer for a job that was important to me - that guy will never know why I gave him such a cold stare. Good luck, let us know what happens please.

Tell her that you are a CFA Candidate. Quim Magnet!

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > People analyze too much around here. Just be > cool, don’t need anything. Listen, don’t rush, > chips will fall where they will. Pretty standard. nah, there are rules a) check out who she is associating with b) get on good terms with her closest girl friend c) test out the waters of the chick you like d) nine times out of ten, the girls will go to the bathroom to ‘talk’ before you go home with the chick, and you will get the approval from the girl’s best friend e) you’re golden, close the deal

Analti_Calte_Equity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Black Swan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > People analyze too much around here. Just be > > cool, don’t need anything. Listen, don’t rush, > > chips will fall where they will. Pretty > standard. > > > nah, there are rules > > a) check out who she is associating with > > b) get on good terms with her closest girl friend > > > c) test out the waters of the chick you like > > d) nine times out of ten, the girls will go to the > bathroom to ‘talk’ before you go home with the > chick, and you will get the approval from the > girl’s best friend > > e) you’re golden, close the deal Yeah, I don’t do any of that crap. Rules are great if you’re into following them I guess. Do what you want. Also, this dude’s at a lunch w/ coworkers, but whatever.

You can’t treat this situation like you are going out to a bar or club trying to pick up a random chick. I would be more conservative in a situation like this because it involves coworkers. I don’t think you have to throw all the things that work at a bar out the window but I would tone it down a notch. Definitely wouldn’t do any touching like the person said above.

Step 1) Look FLY (Think shiny shirts with fake diamonds and other Ed Hardy/Christian WhatevertheFU stuff) Step 2) Look even FLYER!!! (Think spiked hair with tattoos of stars on your elbows) Step 3) Act the part (Think obnoxious dancing, speaking loudly, smoking Parliament lights) Step 4) If she doesn’t want you now then tell her how much of the man you are and continue to drink heavily till you get into a fight or smash some other broad Step 5) Go out tomorrow and repeat the process, with ya brosefs of course

^ amazing