getting back into the zone is hard

I can’t believe I have to do this again. Crap. I am going to start casually until January, see if I can get a bit of this stuff knocked out early. Forgot how hard it was to wake up after going out the night before, have a headache, and want to embrace the relative value of generational skipping in estate planning. All I can do is smile and laugh a little and press on. Wanted to say hello team though. I’m here. I’m going to pass this year. And I currently am like a 16 year old trying to learn how to drive stick, stalling out miserably. I’m trying to read the full CFAI texts. I don’t really like them. I may go back to schweser as my primary but then do EOC’s and the blue box examples. Going to try to do this 1st book out of the CFAI though and see how it feels. *Yawn* Is anyone cranking yet that wants to scare me and whip me into shape? Feel free.

feeling the same as I plan to start studying for L2 againnn!

sumz, you are kidding, you passed level 2 right? @banni, we have something in common there, the CFAI books are really borrying to me, yet friends on this forum have recommended them as a must read! (i read them for Level 2 anyway). Yes, my strategy for Level 3 is to read all Readings less than 50pages from the CFAI. For all Readings exceeding 50pages, I will have to read that from Schweser, then come back to CFAI for the summary, examples and EOC.

Oal29 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sumz, you are kidding, you passed level 2 right? > @banni, we have something in common there, the > CFAI books are really borrying to me, yet friends > on this forum have recommended them as a must > read! (i read them for Level 2 anyway). > Yes, my strategy for Level 3 is to read all > Readings less than 50pages from the CFAI. For all > Readings exceeding 50pages, I will have to read > that from Schweser, then come back to CFAI for the > summary, examples and EOC. The switch from CFAI books to schweser based on the page number is interesting! I should inspire myself to that (because I lost all concentration when there are a ton of pages to read…)

first time level 3…still cant get motivated to study

Banni: Good to see you again (I guess.) I am thinking December 1 start date. I did both CFAI and Schweser last year and didn’t feel too confident going in compared to my knowledge at L2. I am going with Schweser only for everything except IPS and ethics. I will also use CFAI for EOC questions. Motivation right now is non-existent. But weather is cooling off, and I actually find myself looking for something to do a few nights a week. I think that is my wake-up call. The first few study sessions will be brutal (“not this again”) but it should get easier as it becomes part of your routine.

Attempted to start this past weekend, but ultimately failed, will try once again to seriously start this weekend! Here we go…

Bannniiiiiii!!! You got this, ain’t no thang!

You go Banni! The L1 gang (remember the good old days?)… must… pass…

Psych yourselves up guys! This is Level III! This is the last time you will ever have to subject yourself to this sh1t - if you can pass!!! Try a bit of visualization: picture yourself opening your email in August 2011 and seeing the word ‘PASS’!! Feel the euphoria, the elation!! Then work backwards…what will it take to get to that point? Picture yourself walking out of the PM exam on June 6, knowing you smoked it. Picture yourself walking out of the AM, knowing that you did better than most of the other peeps walking out with you. So what have you got to do? What do you have to do to make it happen??? You’ve got to work your goddamn-ass off! You’ve got to crush this sh1t and dominate it! You’ve got to spend so long at your goddamn desk that you put on 30 pounds. You’ve got to have pimples on your ass from spending so much time sitting down with the books… You’ve got to remind yourself every time that you sit down to study about what it is that you are aiming for…to reach your dreams, to achieve your goals, to be recognized as someone special…to prove it to yourself that you can do it. It’s Level III guys…when every else is whimping out around you, you can pass by doing the hard yards now, by getting started before most other candidates have even recovered from their post-pass/fail hangover…you’re so close now, get f*cking pumped now and nail this bastard!!

Banni, Time to commit and kill it. I know you got it but you gotta go like hell. Apollo Creed said it best - “There is no tomorrow” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlbKn8_p3vk In this case Clubber Lange:CFA Exam :: Rocky:Banni

Imagine your name in the CFAI webpage with the floating names… the letters CFA behind it… trying to control yourself… resisting the urge to jump around yelling and screaming… then you do it anyway.

just watch my new haircut…itll get you right back in the zone!

Don’t give up! Don’t give in!

You will all kill it this time around…or my online name isn’t deep2002 (it is btw!) This the final push over the hump, you get this and you don’t have to open another CFA-related book ever again!

Bannisja, we were preparing for L3 together and I remember you as being intelligent and dedicated. I’m sure that this time you’re going to crack the exam!

love the support. have scheduled my weekend to make way for some more reading. early drinks friday, spin class early sat to get me up, STUDY, and then fun sat night, a little less intense reading with a headache maybe Sunday. But I will get through the 1st book this November. Getting a little bit ahead. Can’t hurt.

I’m back after my year off. Let’s do this!

Will start in Jan…we have to do it …

com’on guys! lets dooooo this! THINK OF ALL THE IPS AND SEXY ETHICS WE CAN DO INSTEAD OF GOING OUT AND GETTING DRUNK AND GETTING A BAD HANGOVER!