Getting physically sick of interviews...

went through 6 rounds of interviews. will meet the head of hr tmr (they promised this is the last round). i feel that i am getting physically sick. my stomach is upset right now and my hands are cold. this thing has dragged since june. they still have to do background checking and reference check if they extend an offer to me. but i know i want this opportunity. it’s with a bulge bracket could someone give me some advice on how to stay positive pls? who interviews hr for the final round? that’s just funny…anyone meet hr for his or her final round? any suggestion?

I know how you feel. When I did my first interview for a position I really wanted, I was so anxious I couldn’t sleep, woke up and went outside and jogged for an hour at 3 AM. Then I found out I got the position I was so relieved. I think my next ones won’t be so hard now that I know what to expect.

Seems like you’re on the borderline, and they want you to meet as many people as possible to come to a decision. Stay positive, keep smiling, and keep up to date with the markets and know relevant info in the job you are looking for. I’d say you went through the most difficult part already, so just be persistent.

At least you can think of it this way, they wouldn’t have gone through all this trouble of interviewing you if they weren’t serious about hiring you

Give them to me. I want to do some more interviews. I love interviewing.

Six rounds of interviews? That doesn’t seem normal.

five actually, but the 5th one was a panel interview with the department head and a random director guy. i am just confused why i am seeing the hr head at last… anyone has a silimar experience when they apply to banking (or research, or s&t)…?

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Six rounds of interviews? That doesn’t seem > normal. GS has 8+ rounds for most candidates

you must be pretty hot Asian girl I reckon if theyre giving you all these interviews.

^no kidding

Eh I better not

Maybe hr handles the comp package?

edgeraz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > GS has 8+ rounds for most candidates Does this mean they rotate you among 8 different interviewers, or you have to come in 8 times?

chrisclwtr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe hr handles the comp package? Yea, wouldn’t this be a good sign? Since HR handles all about benefits and comp, stuff they wouldn’t bother with if they weren’t hiring you

Rachel! What’s up?

Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > edgeraz Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > GS has 8+ rounds for most candidates > > Does this mean they rotate you among 8 different > interviewers, or you have to come in 8 times? I’m calling shenanigans on that. You meet with 8 or more people on superday (often 2 on 1), but they only have 2 or 3 rounds.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Rachel! What’s up? Seriously, hot Asian chick posts on this site and all these @ssclowns can do is debate how many rounds of interviews you have to go through at Goldman Sachs??

Rachel Li, it’s weird that this did not occur to anyone sooner, but be careful of what you post here if that’s your real name. You never know who is reading this. I have heard some regrettable stories about hiring and online forums/blogs.

a friend of mine went through 12 rounds -> 4days -> 35 people out of that 3 were phone interviews GS people make sure that every one in the team and around the team likes you. According to them if you cant handle the pressure of being interviewed a zillion times by zillion people then you are not suitable enough to work under pressure and handle the work stress at GS bottomline - he got hired buyicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hello Mister Walrus Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > edgeraz Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > GS has 8+ rounds for most candidates > > > > Does this mean they rotate you among 8 > different > > interviewers, or you have to come in 8 times? > > > I’m calling shenanigans on that. You meet with 8 > or more people on superday (often 2 on 1), but > they only have 2 or 3 rounds.

for me, all five rounds were at different times. it wasn’t a super sat type of thing. i am hoping meeting with hr is a good sign as well, but one never knows. the booking lady said the hr will go through my experience as well…and explain more about this role… thnx for the advice…i know i just have to hang in there. i just cannot image how pissed i will be if they would reject me after 7 rounds…