GMAT Excellence?

I’m debating taking the GMAT. Any tips on providers, study plan etc?

Would like to get a 700, but would prefer 740.

Also, now that GRE is accepted, what is your opinion on GRE vs GMAT?

A couple questions; what is your job now? how many years of work experience? this will help answer why an MBA.

GMAT is still far more preferred than the GRE. The quant portion of the former is just much more difficult.

Study materials: Manhattan GMAT. Getting a 740 is quite difficult so just be prepared that you might have to put in a lot of work.

Wait, are you applying for MBA, or do you just want to take GMAT randomly? Anyway, why not use multiple materials? I picked up three of the big thick books a while ago and just did everything over 2-3 weeks.

I’d say skip the GRE, unless you want to enter a program that prefers or requires it. My experience is that it’s harder to get a high score in GRE verbal compared to GMAT (although I should say that I had only been in the US ~2 years when I took the GRE).

GMAT. 740 is attainable but it’s more about test taking than knowing a lot of stuff. It helps to know more things in terms of math tricks, etc…but really comes down to knowing how to “take” the exam. I got a 760.

Very solid score man. Strong work. I would caution though that most will still not come close to the +700s; we’re still talking 90% percentile and above…

ACE I thought you were in med school fool?

i found gmat pretty challenging. Studied couple months but didn’t break into 700s. I am going to start again soon and apply either part time or emba. 700 is top 9% right? I will take that.

You need 750+ if you are Asian…get those books out! I got 770 btw.

^ Very true. Also 750+ if you are jewish

What guides did you guys use - how many months/hours to prepare?

It is on the back burner for now. A few things have changed and this is option “C”. Plan A and B right now seem unlikely, so preparing as needed.

I may apply for an MBA, depending on what happens in the next 2-3 months. But, who knows, I change gears so rapidly I could be in another country doing something random by that time. #amirite6

^OP, Meditate , Take Piracetam, Take Creatine Monohydrate 5 grams daily, get enough sleep and exercise 4 times a week.

1. I don’t meditate, I pray

2. No idea what Piracetam is

3. I’m not going to take Creatine

4. My sleep is good

5. I currently exercise 10 - 20 hrs per week

Creatine makes you bald over time.

t. gym bro

I scored 710 back in 2008. I just used the Princeton Review book if I remember correctly.

Did you decide to go to B school?

Yeah, I did my MBA at a local part-time program.

I have briefly looked at the curriculum for the GMAT but would like to know if there is a big focus in the quant section on math higher than college algebra. Speaking candidly, I am not very good nor have much interest in Calculus, Trig, Geometry, etc. Furthermore, is it possible to score 700 plus without really knowing them well? Any input would be nice. Thanks!

Creatine naturally occurs in ALOT of foods anyway.