Goals for 2009...

Single handedly save the global financial system

Here we go… - Pass L2 (hopefully I passed L1!) - Get back into shape - Eat less junk food - Get part-time business finally running - Work hard at current full-time job - Take more technical courses at work - Take leave of absence from work in summer/fall and volunteer abroad with Canadian Gov’t (doing community development) - Buy new car - Get facebook back (had to delete it for L1) - Play more poker with friends - Help father out with his business - Meet more educated women - Make more speeches in my Toastmasters club and hopefully make it to at least district finals - Read more books on international politics - Spend time with new cousin - Network more - Play guitar more - Buy new DJ mixer - Finally buy a mac and Logic Studio - Finally finish the rest of Security Analysis and read other books on my list - Build more models - Be less irrational about investing - Complain less about studying for CFA - Don’t waste too much time on AF General Forum less (this is probably not happening) Hopefully I can achieve >50% :wink:

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KrukVT Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > tvPM Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > 29, married to a woman who just wants to not > > > work…pray for me fellas > > > > > > 25, also marrying a woman who just wants to > work > > “part-time” (read: not work) > > Alright fellas… if she is going to stay home all > the time she better A) be great in the sack, B) be > able to wait on you hand and foot, and C) have a > gym membership that she uses. I concurr. What decade is this again? :slight_smile:

she always says she was born in the wrong generation…she’s a 50’s girl (in work outlook only)…what do ya do, at least my ironing career and lunch-packing is coming to an end

I’d rather work for free then stay at home and do the chores, cleaning, cooking, etc…not happening here))) my husband better not even dream of it: 1. Clear LII 2. Pass GMAT 3. Go on vacation 4. Go back home for at least 2 weeks 5. Manage and adpat to live with the baby ))) i am due in two months

than!!!

congrats kseniaru and best of luck, I have 4 months til my little guy starts terrorizing my life (in the best of ways)

KrukVT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tvPM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 29, married to a woman who just wants to not > > work…pray for me fellas > > > 25, also marrying a woman who just wants to work > “part-time” (read: not work) *COUGH* pre-nup *COUGH*

too late for me. I was in a post-coital haze. You really have to start getting nervous when she asks how much life insurance you have…

take my CFA charter of the cannister that it has been in sitting on my shelf for past 5 months, update my business cards, get promoted senior assoc and hopefully a piece of carry, take gmat, start/buy a side business

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 29, married to a woman who just wants to not > work…pray for me fellas All women don’t want to work. They just won’t come out and say it. My 2009 Goal: 1. Get a kicka$$ internship. 2. Get a full-time offer from the internship. 3. Pass CFA Level 1. 4. Get more scholarship money. BTW, someone should bump this thread in 1 year.

I forgot to mention: win the Gold Clasp (Inverness) or the Silver Chanter (Dunvegan) in Piobaireachd competition more likely that I’ll win mega-millions though

Bankin’ Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > KrukVT Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > tvPM Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > 29, married to a woman who just wants to not > > > work…pray for me fellas > > > > > > 25, also marrying a woman who just wants to > work > > “part-time” (read: not work) > > *COUGH* > pre-nup > *COUGH* haha, i really wish I had enough assets to protect where a pre-nup would be necessary. But we’ve been living together for 2 years splitting the bills, etc. and she only wants to do this once we have kids and i’m completely fine with it.

careful KrukVT, the day after you are married she is going to start talking about having kids immediately, since it is her retirement plan. You and I can start a separate forum to gripe in years to come…my laundry is wrinkled, what do you mean you are too tired, spaghetti again?

Is it me or increasingly more people in this forum are talking about taking the GMATs? BTW, that’s one of my goals for next year as well haha.

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > careful KrukVT, the day after you are married she > is going to start talking about having kids > immediately, since it is her retirement plan. You > and I can start a separate forum to gripe in years > to come…my laundry is wrinkled, what do you mean > you are too tired, spaghetti again? sounds good to me. I think i’ll find out her motives in the next few weeks though since she was laid off this morning. let’s see how eager she is to get back to work…

KrukVT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tvPM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > careful KrukVT, the day after you are married > she > > is going to start talking about having kids > > immediately, since it is her retirement plan. > You > > and I can start a separate forum to gripe in > years > > to come…my laundry is wrinkled, what do you > mean > > you are too tired, spaghetti again? > > > sounds good to me. I think i’ll find out her > motives in the next few weeks though since she was > laid off this morning. let’s see how eager she is > to get back to work… Run, Forrest, Run…

1. work out and get swole 2. hit 350 hrs of tracked studying between Jan 1 and June Exam Date 3. add value to my organization 4. create and administer new website

^ Sal - Olympic distance tri’s aren’t too bad. Pretty fun. But, I did a half-iron last year and don’t plan on doing one again . . . haha - that hurt (especially when it is 98 degrees outside) Philip - Thats great that you competed in the Half. I ran the Chicago marathon first time last year (and it was cancelled). However, I managed to complete with 6 less toe nails…had not prepared!!So, like you, never running a marathon again. Why I chose the Olympic was cuz its humanly possible with the CFA Prep without losing focus. Im in Chicago so winter training is out question for me else it will be too time consuming logistically. I need a goal to stay fit. Just going to the gym doesnt cut it for me… Did you complete the Half while in the CFA prep mode or before you decided on the path to the CFA? Cheers.

1. Get a new job…Jan-Feb 2. Pass LII…June 3. Buy a property…Any time 4. Weigh 160lbs with body fat in the range of 9-11%…Mid year 5. Get a GF (after LII in June…) …OR… Win the Powerball