Goldman Sachs jobs - experienced

Is there an actual job board to locate GS jobs if you already have years of experience or do you just have to submit your profile to the website and hope for a call. Obviously the first option would be to network but I am curious if there is another way to find job postings. Every other BB has a job board, why not GS?

Like this? http://www2.goldmansachs.com/careers/begin/apply-now/index.html

All that does is allow me to upload my profile. Where can I find actual job openings?

johnclevohio Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All that does is allow me to upload my profile. > Where can I find actual job openings? can’t…only internal can see it AFAIK.

good luck with that…i read an article somewhere in the past that said they get resume submissions in the tens of thousands EVERY DAY

Cold calling GS professionals might work better. Figure out MDs of groups you are interested in and email them directly.

We specialize in rejecting the best!

I submitted a profile just now. Has anyone heard anything back? http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Goldman+Sachs&l=

i am going through their interview mess now. I turned them down two years ago… they keep calling

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i am going through their interview mess now. I > turned them down two years ago… they keep calling That’s because you’re the one and only goldenboy. Didn’t you work for all the BB on WS in a 1-year span ?

johnclevohio Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > All that does is allow me to upload my profile. > Where can I find actual job openings? i’m sure you know one person that works at GS. when i was looking at jobs there, i had my friend send me openings through keywords i gave her from their internal job postings. just ask one of your acquaintances to do the same.

na I just have a skill they dont have in nyc too often… i worked for 4 in 9 months and offers from 2 more in that same time… trust me it sucked

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > na I just have a skill they dont have in nyc too > often… i worked for 4 in 9 months and offers > from 2 more in that same time… > > trust me it sucked Your knees don’t swell??

In all probability, the only way you’re going to back is if you know someone there and he/she submits your resume internally.

You can see the GS jobs in australia on the site. http://www.gsjbw.com/?p=CurrentOpportunities But if I recall the internal job board may have had a few extra jobs on it. But havent worked there for a long time now, so not sure.

Canadianloco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goldenboy09 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > na I just have a skill they dont have in nyc > too > > often… i worked for 4 in 9 months and offers > > from 2 more in that same time… > > > > trust me it sucked > > > Your knees don’t swell?? energy buddy

Canadianloco Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goldenboy09 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > na I just have a skill they dont have in nyc > too > > often… i worked for 4 in 9 months and offers > > from 2 more in that same time… > > > > trust me it sucked > > > Your knees don’t swell?? +1

FYI, GS has several positions posted on CFAI’s JobLine.

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Canadianloco Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > goldenboy09 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > na I just have a skill they dont have in nyc > > too > > > often… i worked for 4 in 9 months and > offers > > > from 2 more in that same time… > > > > > > trust me it sucked > > > > > > Your knees don’t swell?? > > energy buddy Is this true? I’ve heard from other sources that experienced energy traders are always sought after by the big banks, just want to know if you could elaborate. How “competitive” on the job market are people with experience at places like say, Vitol, Mercuria, Phibro, Glencore etc?

volante99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > goldenboy09 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Canadianloco Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > goldenboy09 Wrote: > > > > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > > > > ----- > > > > na I just have a skill they dont have in > nyc > > > too > > > > often… i worked for 4 in 9 months and > > offers > > > > from 2 more in that same time… > > > > > > > > trust me it sucked > > > > > > > > > Your knees don’t swell?? > > > > energy buddy > > > Is this true? I’ve heard from other sources that > experienced energy traders are always sought after > by the big banks, just want to know if you could > elaborate. How “competitive” on the job market are > people with experience at places like say, Vitol, > Mercuria, Phibro, Glencore etc? mercuria is a start up and lot of old ML big wigs… so not really in the same ballpark as others… vitol, phibro and glencore (also traf) are major oil players and most people who do well either stay or leave to run their own money… happens quite often… nothing a bank can offer here for these guys… your see guys leave banks to come work for these shops… why take standard 10% when you can get 30% here? while not common i know of a lot of traders will great contracts at these places… i have done well in my market and get calls about jobs with both small and large firms… gs called in 2008 about two hours after our credit was pulled… they more or less called everyone in the office… they were willing to talk to anyone interested… as was lehman, db, cs, ml, barcap, mscg… walking on to an energy desk at 7 am and it being quiet is not something you will ever get used to… however about 60 people ended up leaving in next 12 months out of about 180… they ended up everywhere…3 at my current shop… gs at the end of the day was in nyc and I didnt like it on my visit… great group and great people… just bad timing for me… when your on im for 12 hours a day you get to learn very fast who is legit … so far I have got 6 calls this year about jobs… 2 from banks… i am not a rain maker… just another avg joe with exp in a given region that lots of people trade in