goldman sachs

anyone work at Goldman? if so, how was it? thanks for all the help

I was offered a job at gs in 2008 and they got pissed when I did not accept on the spot. HR told me people dont ask for more time to think it over. I was like fuk it, I decline

applied few times when I was in school for summer internships/entry level jobs but never got a call from them. I think you need luck/contacts to get an interview there.

I own Goldman Sachs.

I hear its a hell of a time http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/29127316/the_great_american_bubble_machine/1

let me guess. you’re in IT, thinking about making a career change and you think IB is the place to be?

No way cockatoo boy. Goat herder mutha fucka.

GS <3’s GHMFs

Cya ananda, nice to have not known ya!!

PhillyBanker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Cya ananda, nice to have not known ya!! Why hello. Do you have any pics of yourself :wink:

tfc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > anyone work at Goldman? > if so, how was it? > > thanks for all the help I work at Goldman. It’s okay. Its a hectic workplace. But they take care of their employees well.

I worked there, in australia. I worked in a pretty much back office role. It sucked. It was in PWM, I guess it was a majority unhappy workplace PWM, many many many advisers left. Dont know about the other departments, they were probably a lot better. Everyone thought they had a big wang because they worked there, even in my team.

nolabird032 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > let me guess. you’re in IT, thinking about making > a career change and you think IB is the place to > be? Isn’t this a story of most of the newbees?

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > nolabird032 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > let me guess. you’re in IT, thinking about > making > > a career change and you think IB is the place > to > > be? > > > Isn’t this a story of most of the newbees? Is this a new species of flying buzzing insects? The proper reference in my country is “Newbie”

n00bs

so we all hate GS but would drop everything in the world the moment they made us an offer. goldenboy is so full of it.

I worked at GS in the front office. The hours sucked. Requires heavier dose of hard-work than smarts. Total team effort across all levels and regions, very quick turnarounds on questions for peers, clients. - You may think the FO are the ‘masters of the universe’, but the truth is they get their ass kicked the hardest and take the most abuse from clients and senior management. Even the insults and prejudice the FO hurls at the middle/back office pales in comparison. - Within the office, employees show unspoken pride and camaraderie. To outside friends and competitors, they all act like loud BSDs. (Even OPS and IT act like BSD) - Obviously, there are great exit opportunities (for when you finally realize your clients are making 10Xs your salary). You write your own ticket if you have a good story to tell.

If you have to refer to your job as “front office” then chances are it’s not a front office job.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so we all hate GS but would drop everything in the > world the moment they made us an offer. goldenboy > is so full of it. Why is he full of it? Not all of us drool over GS. I was approached by their recruiter to apply for an equity research gig and passed it up.

If I see one more thread about “front office”, “GS” and “IB” I’m going to…