Golf

I been playing golf with co workers and man I suck. How much better can I get with a coach for a few months?

If you forget everything that you know, and the coach rebuilds your swing fundamentally correct, you can get a lot better. I say do it.

The right pro will help your game a lot.

I played baseball in college and overall very good in sports. However, I have a hard time driving the ball. I have a decent short game. Most people say I have it backwards and most can drive the crap out of the ball and suck on their short game. Being super driven I want to win at anything I do and honestly go into golf like I dont have a chance. I will look into hiring some help asap.

I have natural talent and I learned from a book but I took one half-hour session with a pro and boy it was worth it. They have tips. in the end it takes practice. btw, 2 weeks ago had a golfing date with a gal. now she asked me out and said she wanted to hit balls at the range. i said ok but she really meant the golf range. so we meet at the range. she has her female clubs. my irons are super hot but my driver sucks as*. anyway she kept hooking the ball. so i went to her and told her what the problem was (ahe wasnt addressing it correctly). voila her hook was cured. she is in love with me. she’s been wanting to go out again but i got another girl on my mind. that date was last weekend. it was the single most beautiful experience of 2009. i will do anything to go out with her again but i am playing cool. she said she dumped the last guy cuz he was too needy. i said, baby i am needy too. and she laughs at me and says, no you’re not.

Nice, the swings are fundamentally the same. Is it a little flat right now?

very flat maybe the batting gloves and pine tar dont help as much as in baseball

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have natural talent and I learned from a book > but I took one half-hour session with a pro and > boy it was worth it. They have tips. in the end it > takes practice. > > btw, 2 weeks ago had a golfing date with a gal. > now she asked me out and said she wanted to hit > balls at the range. i said ok but she really meant > the golf range. so we meet at the range. she has > her female clubs. my irons are super hot but my > driver sucks as*. anyway she kept hooking the > ball. so i went to her and told her what the > problem was (ahe wasnt addressing it correctly). > voila her hook was cured. she is in love with me. > she’s been wanting to go out again but i got > another girl on my mind. that date was last > weekend. it was the single most beautiful > experience of 2009. i will do anything to go out > with her again but i am playing cool. she said she > dumped the last guy cuz he was too needy. i said, > baby i am needy too. and she laughs at me and > says, no you’re not. It sucks that such a casual interaction with a woman warrants a full paragraph. It’s like Lloyd Christmas in Dumb and Dumber - SHE ACTUALLY TALKED TO ME!!! WOW!!!

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I been playing golf with co workers and man I > suck. How much better can I get with a coach for a > few months? I’ve found that most of my friends that ask me for help can be helped with one tip: keep your head on the ball. Most people’s swings are condusive to being halfway-decent at golf. So if you feel like your swing is okay, stand at the tee, straighten up your posture a a bit, and concentrate ONLY on keeping eye contact with the ball as you go through your swing. I have fouind most people think about 900 things when they swing, when in reality, the golf swing is pretty fluid - you dont need to think about your wrists or anything like that. Do the same excercise for all long and short irons. Do that for a round and you will shave 10-12 strokes off your game if you shoot 110 or over. If you are around 100, its good for 5-6.

^Lloyd Christmas reference +1

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > needhelp Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I have natural talent and I learned from a book > > but I took one half-hour session with a pro and > > boy it was worth it. They have tips. in the end > it > > takes practice. > > > > btw, 2 weeks ago had a golfing date with a gal. > > now she asked me out and said she wanted to hit > > balls at the range. i said ok but she really > meant > > the golf range. so we meet at the range. she > has > > her female clubs. my irons are super hot but my > > driver sucks as*. anyway she kept hooking the > > ball. so i went to her and told her what the > > problem was (ahe wasnt addressing it > correctly). > > voila her hook was cured. she is in love with > me. > > she’s been wanting to go out again but i got > > another girl on my mind. that date was last > > weekend. it was the single most beautiful > > experience of 2009. i will do anything to go > out > > with her again but i am playing cool. she said > she > > dumped the last guy cuz he was too needy. i > said, > > baby i am needy too. and she laughs at me and > > says, no you’re not. > > > It sucks that such a casual interaction with a > woman warrants a full paragraph. It’s like Lloyd > Christmas in Dumb and Dumber - SHE ACTUALLY TALKED > TO ME!!! WOW!!! Jealous much? It was sublime. Just awesome. She even looked my way a few minutes.

Wow needhelp, your soooo smooth with the ladies. It’s obvious you also have a natural talent with women.

post a video… :slight_smile:

Okay, on second though it’s clear you are trolling needhelp.

i troll for joemontana because tahts what he understands. my story is true. i took her to a nice restaurant and then asked if she wanted to go dance. she said yes. we dances until the wee hours of sunday morning. hardly a casual encounter if you ask me. she wants to go out again. honestly guys all you need is good looks, charm , a sense of humor, a sensitive side etc. i showed her my photography and she was completely awstruck.

I’m an avid golfer. Visiting a pro weekly/bi weekly will help out a lot. Though lessons can cost ~$60/hr. Check out the book Ben Hogan Power Golf. It is very simple and comprehensive with playing better golf.

This is all you need, if you still have a VHS player: http://www.amazon.com/Jack-Nicklaus-Golf-Full-Swing/dp/6302096154

It will get worse before it gets better, but it will get better.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Nice, the swings are fundamentally the same. > Is it a little flat right now? Don’t know how true it is, but I’ve heard numerous times that baseball and golf swings mess each other up. Wikianswers seems pretty split: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_golfing_ruin_your_batting_swing_in_baseball

Thats why the swing would be flat and a glancing blow. I wouldnt be surprised if OP has a slice