Grand Theft Auto 5

People in their 30s were young when NES was popular. I know 40 year olds who play FPS with their kids. That might be pushing the upper edge, but I don’t see what’s so strange or funny about it.

The only reason I’m not getting GTA5 for the time being is that there are so many other games that I’ve been very slow to beat. I think at a minimum I should finish the games for PS3 I have purchased before buying any new ones. GTA tends to take over my life when I start playing it anyway.

No, probably not.

Exactly.

Even more comical guys that have families and professional jobs pretending they are car thiefs, assaulting prostitutes, etc. Pure gold… LMAO

My exact thinking.

I dated a chick in highscool (we were 18 in 2005), and her dad (40-49) was playing Shooter games (FPS) with his kid who was 12-14. I remember thinking it was a good way for them to connect.

but, dude playing world of war craft in his mom;s basement at 40? Thats a problem.

I don’t know how it happened but this release totally passed me by. Had no idea it was coming out until Facebook exploded yesterday.

I don’t play video games with the exception of GTa and FIFA but this time I’m reluctant to buy GTA 5 as I know I’ll spend way too many hours playing it. I reckon I’ve clocked up as many hours on the GTA franchise as I have with CFA prep. That freaks me out

Read a book.

Hey to each his own man. Some people get their entertainment from watching terrible “reality TV shows” or destroying their brain cells with alcohol consumption everyday. It’s all preference, you shouldnt knock what others enjoy doing.

I don’t even consider GTA a normal “video game”. I see it more as an interactive movie. The storyline is amazing and better than most popular movies out there. Everytime I play a GTA game I know I will laugh till my side hurts because the story is just that good.

Now moving forward. Here is some info i found on the stock market in GTA 5:

Note: The GTA V stock market consists of the LCN (offline stocks,) which can be affected by events that happen in-game via objectives and side missions and the BAWSAQ, which can be affected by global events cause by the online GTA community. 1. Invest in one of the automobile firms, then cruise around destroying your rivals’ cars. The end result will see sale of your cars go up and your stocks rise. 2. Buying cheap stock is a tycoon’s dream scenario and to do so in GTA V is easy. Simply apply the reverse tactic to our first tip. For example, if you shoot down a plane the stocks for that company plummet. Buy those stocks cheap then shoot your rivals planes down to re-inflate your stock value. 3. Buy into guns or ammo in the early days. These stocks should go through the roof as gamers get their hands on weapons. 4. Listen closely to the radio and character dialogue for stock tips. 5. Assassination missions provided by Lester always tell you how some stock will be affected if you bump off a rival CEO.

This seems even deeper than I expected with the BAWSAQ actually being a part of the GTA Online portion of the game. It presents a game within the game. So far I’ve only bought a few shares in that Merriweather company after hearing rumours of a buy-out on the radio.

I haven’t played a video game since madden in college and mario brother before that, but this GTA sound pretty cool.

@Blake

Read the research bro. Or read the summary of the research at least:

Video Games Can Improve Cognition in Older Adults

Don’t be mad my probabilistic inference skills are superior to yours as a result of my mad COD skills.

The same sort of trollish comment could be said about anything. “I’m going to go on some rollercoasters” “Read a book” “Well why don’t you go eat a dick while I go on the rollercoasters”

I feel like I can’t talk about my reading habits without thinking of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI9F8Xpxhl4&noredirect=1

Yeah I agree dude the “read a book” argument is weak and trollish. There are plenty of rec activities out there. I just find it comical that grown men fantasize about being car thieves acting like fools. I feel even stronger about adults who pretend they are elves casting spells on people and collecting gold running around Narnia.

I use to play the EA Sports series but lost interest maybe 5 years ago and haven’t played since.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/grand-theft-auto-v-earns-record-800-million-195825506.html

TLDR version - GTA V raked inm $800m in its first day. Previous record holder was CoD-Black Ops II, which brought $500m.

I want to play this game so badly now. What’s worse to you guys? Playing the game or not playing the game and wanting to?

If you are a casual player then i’d say it wouldnt hurt to play the game. After a long day of studying/working, you can run around the city or do side missions to relieve stress. The city is very alive and plenty of random things to do.

If you are more hardcore, I would say wait until you have enough free time to really sacrafice and dive into it. The story is captavating and really pulls you in.

I don’t see what’s so funny about grown men wanting to play a video game. let’s face it, most people aren’t exactly ecstatic on what they do for a living, so what’s wrong with a video game generating some excitement after work? breaking the law, stealing stuff in a fantasy world that you will never do otherwise, and have some fun doing it.

so what?

stop acting high and mighty.

Reading a book is not a trollish comment. I found that i can’t get ‘tired’ fo reading good books, but i get tired easily of watching TV shows / Movies/ Games [Caveat here unless i play online]

Reading a book is definitely good advice but it won’t always satisfy your desires.

For example, I’m mainly a sports gamer because I crave competition. It’s really hard to satisfy that competitive urge by reading a book. There’s a time and place for everything. Let people do what they enjoy doing. With no balance in your life things get crazy. Thats why so many people today end up committing suicide. Just chill out for a bit.

Seriously? Look at who you’re talking to, Itera. (not directed at CSK)

He made fun of “grown men” playing video games, to which I pointed out that people in their thirties or younger grew up with them and that it’s not uncommon for people to play with their kids. His reply was read a book. I thought that failed to address my argument and served no purpose other than to make me pissed off, which is what made it trollish. Before I decided to call him out, I was going to point out that it’s not unfathomable that people can enjoy reading reading AND playing video games (or watching movies or tv shows). I read (books, not even including random stuff on the internet) for fun way more than the average person my age. I certainly don’t need to prove that to anyone and anyone recommending I read more doesn’t know enough about me to tell me to.