Grand Theft Auto 5

^ U mad? Fap one out real quick.

People play video games with their kids? That’s horrible, brain rotting activity. I spend most of my time with my family translating ancient texts for fun, sky/scuba diving over the Great Barrier Reef and spear hunting gnarwal from dolphinback.

For thos who purchased this, how is it so far? Worth getting it?

I took last week off to play it. It’s awesome. Get it.

And to think that we had a thread devoted to taking time off work to be with your newborn kids.

ayo, yayo

So, let’s get this straight. According to Leading Posters on AF, thou shalt adhere to the following;

1. No Fap

2. Mandatory Colon Clensing

3. No Drinking

4. No Video Games

5. No TV

6. No Online Dating

7. No CAIA, FRM, CFP, CPA, or other false exams

All one is allowed to do, per Leading AF Posters, is take all 3 levels of the CFA, Score a 700+ on the GMAT, attend a Top 2 B School, and work at either GS/MS/KKR upon graduation in a role such as SS ER or M’n’A’in on the Buyside.

Sounds like some good principals. I’ll craft an email containing this consensus created on AF and send it to John Rodgers to be incorporated in the 12th edition of CFAI Ethics.

you forgot mention of the hacksaw

finally bought but I’m not into it yet. Loving the Hawick reference though, that place really is a smack haven.

I was walking home and saw the EB Games and they had a copy. When did they make you install games on consoles? I like it a lot so far. I only played for about a hour so I can’t wait to try it more when I get home. Any suggestions? I did go into a strip club and make it rain LOL. I’m gonna make my rott wear weights around and turn him into a monsta.

I’ve only played it for an hour as well and I did the exact same thing!

Pay attention to your missions and how they affect certain companies. Buy stock accordingly. It’s an easy way to make lots of money early on in the game.

Remember to save any car you modify in your garage (not at your house but the multi-car garage each character has). When you lose your car - maybe it got blown up or you just left it behind - it was respawn in the impound lot. That way you won’t lose all the money you put into upgrading.

If you’re finding it hard to lose the cops, hide in a bush. Seriously, it works.

I haven’t gotten to the point where they’ve introduced the stock market yet. I also don’t know how to change the damn radio. Is it just me or did the radio give you a headache? The volume goes from here to HERE once you enter the car and most of the music is bad. I am very early in, but I want to buy stocks and listen to the market news like someone on here said. Would be funny.

I don’t really like many of the radio stations. You change it by using I think the left button and then the right joystick to select the station.

You access the stock market through your cell phone, go to the internet and navigate to the site. I really enjoy the missions where you play all 3 characters. Really good game so far. I haven’t played much in the last few days though.

The only thing about the game I strongly dislike is the music. The radio stations are horrible. The talk radio is still good but there’s not enough of it. And compared to Vice City and San Adreas the music just sucks. Pretty much just like GTA 4.

Ok. Glad I’m not the only one who thought the music was bad. It plays songs in 20 second bits and it’s mostly trash. I would like to be able to put my music into the game. That would be cool if it played my iTunes library while I was cruising. I would put on Usher and drive around late night looking for lovin.

Not sure what you’re talking about here. It plays full songs. They’re just bad songs.

I just finished the main story last night. Best game I’ve played in years. The missions are very enjoyable.

One thing I like about GTA 5 is that money is not easy to come by like the previous GTAs. I’m talking about real money, not the $1000-$5000 you get for jobs here and there. There is a Golf Club that you can buy but it will cost you $150 million. That is real money right there and it takes a while to build your account up to that point.

My advice would be to leave all of the Lester missions alone until you finish the game. The Lester missions with franklin require you to perform certain assasinations that affect the stock price of certain companies. Leave these missions till the end when you have a few million and can really profit from the movement in the stock prices after the missions.

Right now I only have $25 mill so I need to grind hard to be able to buy that golf club. You can also buy a number of different businesses that bring in income each week. I love this game.

wow, you’ve finished it already?

And i agree that the soundtrack in GTA 5 is weak compared to previous GTAs. Vice City had the best soundtrack EVER for any video game.

But this is by far the best one gameplay wise. I’m going to purchase a bunch of businesses to build capital, then when I get a good amount I’ll dive more into the market and purchase some tricked out muscle cars and homes in Vinewood :slight_smile: