GUACAMOLE!!!

Bought another bag of 6 for $3.88. :crossed_fingers:

The avocados have barely started to ripen. Me sad. :frowning:

What markets do you visit for your avocado purchases? Walmart avocados are routinely crap, and usually expensive.

I usually go by price: if a bag of 6 is $3.99 CDN or less, I will get some. Asian/Halal stores often have a better price than the big chains.

2 of the 6 were barely ripe enough to put on toast; 1 was still hard as a brick and went into the compost bin; the rest are next to some bananas for a last ditch ripening. :frowning:

ETA: Avocados on sale at local grocer $3.88/bag of 6. :crossed_fingers:

Success!!! :yum:

1 Like

Asian/Halal store has bag of 5 avocados on sale for $2.98!!! :crossed_fingers:

ETA: Only 1 outta 5 is ripe. The rest are still green and rock hard. :angry:

A second one has ripened. Gonna have some avocado toast for lunch.

Stoopid avocados!!! :angry:

It took an avo 10 days to ripen? Yikes

Gonna mash up the 2 ripe ones with some salt and cilantro, then chop in some cooked shrimp and slather up a panini roll!!! :yum:

The other 3 are gonna get the frowning of a lifetime!!! :angry:

1 Like

Just had one of the 3 holdovers: chopped it up with some pickled onions and salt on toast!! :yum:

Finished the last 2: managed to get 1 1/2 for avocado toast. :yum:

$2.41 for a bag of 6 green, severely underripe avocados !!! :crossed_fingers:

My gf made some good guacamole with the avocados!!! :yum:

Avocado toast for brekkie!!! :yum:

That sounds really good. How do you cook your shrimp?

No cooking: I thawed some frozen, precooked shrimp. So gooooood!!! :yum:

Avocados were $2.89 a bag at the Asian/Halal store, but I need to take a bit of a break.

I’m totally stealing your recipe this weekend.

1 Like

Ya think?

No avocados, but a bunch of green, rock hard bananas: they sat for 5 ****in’ days in the kitchen and no word of a lie, it was a bear to peel one and it was almost crunchy on the inside. They’re sitting in a closed paper bag right now and I’ll check on them in a day or so. :unamused: :man_facepalming:

ETA: 3 of the 5 ripened after a solid 4 days in a closed paper bag. 2 are still stubbornly hanging on to their green.

1 Like