Gym Bros - dilemma

y u hating?

my essentials:

1. Chalk for heavy sets of dead lifts, T-bar rows, and sometimes shrugs. ( I never use wraps or gloves)

2. Belt for dead lifts and squats above 315 lbs. (I currently weigh 175)

I only listen to music when i’m on cardio equipment.

^what’s your DL?

Any thoughts on how excess muscle affects life span? Definitely have to eat more and end up producing a lot more metabolic waste your body has to deal with. A lot of evidence mounting that calorie restriction is the way to go for longevity. And if you’re Peter Thiel, blood transfusions from young people.

And bankrupting Gawker and the asshat that ran it. Bet that added a couple years to Thiel’s life.

^And he’s voting for Trump, but I’m not sure how that will affect his longevity.

This.

Why do you care what other gym bros think? Chalk is ok, but gloves aren’t? That don’t make no sense!

Tell’em you’re saving your hands for your hot woman. They’ll probably be like: Niiiice.

Current max DL is 405 about 4-6 reps. I hate crosshitters who brag about poorly performed 1 rep PRs. Admittedly I DL more than I squat but I don’t like squatting any less than 8 reps and if ass isn’t to the grass then I always go down in weight. I feel embarrassed for people who do quarter squats. I think I’m doing pretty good for my weight class because I can lift over 1k between Squat / DL / Bench

that’s legit bro, good on ya. how tall are you?

I’m only 5’9. A little shorter than the average 6’2 AF member so I chose to lift more rather than hacksaw.

wait, people actually posted topless selfies in the grindr profile pic thread? I only saw KMD and Sam. I don’t think AF is ready for my milky white torso

Also, I didn’t mean faggot as in gay.

lol

I almost snapped a picture of 2 doughboys in gym gloves slamming heavy ropes around like a couple dopes yesterday.

Yes, people should understand that the term “faggot”, while still used derisively, no longer has any bearing on a person’s sexual preference or gender identity. It’s simply an insult generally intended for a male whose behavior is annoying or stupid.

More importantly @Turd - why all the vitriol? Sure, I hate faggots (see above statement) who run around grunting like apes pretending to be Jay Cutler (the weightlifter–not the QB). But does a person really need to deadlift 3x their body weight for 4 sets of 10 to be working out?

I’ll admit freely–I deadlift about half my body weight (4x10). But given my advanced age (36) and my physical prowess, that’s actually a decent workout (for a guy who can’t seem to make working out a habit). I don’t run around the gym acting like I’m training for the Olympics or anything, but can I just work out without judgment from you? Hacksaw as it may be?

so now you’re snapping pics of other men at the gym? the evidence is mounting.

and it was the perfect angle behind them while they were in the crouching position. oh well at least it’s in the spank bank.

i’m playing a part bro. i couldn’t care less what people do for their workouts, with one exception: people who make sure everyone is aware of the weight they’re moving, particularly when they don’t seem to realize that they should be lifting much much more given their body weight. i support everyone whose main concern is bettering themselves; i’m sure you and i would have friendly interactions if we worked out in the same gym.

…also ditch doing any strength exercise for 10 reps. Do 5x5 or 5x3 with the last set close to failure and your strength will increase quickly.

I hear you. You ever rip her tights/leggings just by massaging her legs? I’ve long ruined many different pants bc of this despite moisturizing a few times a day. The fact of the matter is, gloves suck and cannot be used. You cannot use chalk and it becomes clumsy, better reasons not to use it bc - quite frankly - who cares about appearance. With that said, and this got me laid last night despite a very tired gf, try massaging just using the fingertips. Employ a little soft touch bro, works magic. Keep hitting the weights hard and be soft w your woman.

yea i’ve snagged many pairs of tights/yoga pants. if i tried ‘soft touch’ w the wife she’d recoil and mock me as a pussy. she likes a firm grip but not the feeling of sandpaper…you know typical impossible expectations of most women.

at any rate, it’s not really a big deal. i got some stank on the hang low last night after tearing the shit out of my hands in the gym during the day. just a topic of conversation for the good people of AF.

WYG, have you ever considered a career as a writer for Penthouse Forum?