Happy 4th of July! 2020z medical question and auto question

Good thread. For what it’s worth, I too have never changed a car battery. But for me, when the battery dies, I just buy a new car.

buying a car is liek the biggest waste of money though. will never buy a new car ever again. and when i do imma run it to the ground. got a buddy in sf worth like 7m. and he still drives a 17 yo van. granted he has a bunch of new cars too. lexus. acura. etc. i just thought he should get a benz. but honestly tesla is the new must have. the benz bmw era is lone gone.ppl still want them, but that market share is in decline. my next car will prolly be a pos car. but when i hit the 3m range prolly when i am 45 and tesla is still top dog. imma get 1.

Yeah I’m just messing around. I drive an 8 year old import that runs like new. In all seriousness, I haven’t the first idea how to fix anything other than maybe (maybe) change a flat tire. I have a “guy” that takes care of all that nonsense for me. Couldn’t be bothered by it.

not going to lie. i am not too confident on how to open the hood of my car. i think i can do it. but sometiems i forget. lol. i can easily youtube though.

you guys dont get driven around?

@Destroyer_of_Worlds I remember back in the day when I had to worry about contacting the dealer to get my batteries changed. Now my assistants assistant does that task for me and I just take the chopper to work.

Must be tough trying to demonstrate your manhood with your fancy white glove service. Ugh the humiliation of being in contact with the civilians

in the philippines you can get a driver for 3k per year.

^ true story. My wife’s Latin American, we visited her family a few years back and were courted around the city by her grandmothers driver. All while the live in house maid did my laundry and cooked dinner. Still, I do agree with BS here, that lifestyle or no amount of money could get me to move there.

Edit: forgot to mention, these are not wealthy people. If you don’t have a driver and live in maid you’re considered poor, and in all likelihood live with no electricity or roof over your head.

Truer words could not have been written, my friend.

lol so weird. but i was thinking how much money should you have to buy a fun car. and i cant believe i am saying this. bu i recall ohai saying something along the lines of the daily movement of your portfolio maybe in the 5 percentile. that resonated with me. so something like 2% of your net worth. lol, and i think i am going to follow that moving forward. https://www.financialsamurai.com/average-daily-percent-move-of-the-stock-market/
i miss ohai. i hope he didnt capitulate.
https://blogs.cfainstitute.org/investor/2012/08/27/fact-file-sp-500s-sigma-events/#:~:text=For%20example%2C%20from%203%20January,of%200%20and%201%2C%20respectively.

Yeah seems like he had some quality input. Hopefully he’s just taking a break and didn’t completely blow the popsicle stand.

The other reason for the rear battery is weight distribution over the rear wheels. A lot of guys back in the day when I used to do the whole hot-rodding around thing would rewire their batteries to the trunk for that reason.

bastards didnt want to fix it again. took it to repair shop. battery getting fixed for 380. lol. they say the benz battery requires a bunch of computer code and requires additional equipment. for the newer models.

That sounds about right, not bad.

Did you include this in your forecasted net worth? Serious drag!

Yep lol i forecast car maintenance at 100 bucks a month. That’s usually more than enough. This year is much higher than normal at 800 ytd.