Harvard anyone?

$40k a year to attend Harvard University as me

You must have either a 4.0 GPA in high school, or a 3.5 or higher GPA from a university to get hired for this. Your age does not matter, but you must be a male since I have a male name. I am looking for someone to attend Harvard University pretending to be me for four years, starting August 2014. I will pay for your tuition, books, housing, transportation, and living expenses and pay $40,000 a year with a $10,000 bonus after graduation. All you have to do is attend all classes, pass all tests, and finish all assigned work, while pretending you are me. You do not need to worry about being accepted, I have already taken care of that. If interested please email me a little info about yourself, and we can meet in person to discuss further. When we meet you will be asked to sign a non disclosure agreement, so you can not reveal who I am or any further information, whether you’re selected or not.

• it’s ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Compensation: $40,000 a year

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/pit/4244720190.html

Would probably be a positive NPV decision for a liberal arts student who already graduated from a hacksaw undergrad school

This guy obviously watches Suits too much

I never quite get it, i guess some ridiculously rich man would want to say that they graduate from harvard just because they have nice cars, houses, boats and planes to show off already and need somthing else to talk about for a change.

otherwise, if you have that kind of money, why bother??

That is what exactly I thought. Love that show.

It’s much easier to pull this off for CFA exams.

If you are Asian, take the exam in San Francisco or LA and hire someone of the same race that looks 99% the same to the proctor.

In my highschool, a guy would do that for ACT/SATs. He sold perfect scores. Don’t you hate those people who can take those tests a dozen time and get a perfect each time ha ha

I know someone who took the SATs a few times for some of his friends. No perfect scores though.

so many people cheat…

for some people, it makes sense to hire people to write their SAT or GMAT or something because all you need is to get in and the rest is history.

once you get into univeristy, you can hire people to write your papers as well, as long as you stay with big classes, probably can hire people to write your exams.

Then you get a degree from a top school, which satisfy your obligation to your parents and you can resume to do whatever you want in life.

That is a different perspective. This reminds me of the scene in Pacific Rim where the flying monster drags the giant robot into space to drop it from orbit. And then, the robot pulls out a giant sword and slices the monster in half. At this point, the audience is screaming “f yeah! Space robot cuts a giant monster in half in space”, but then the Japanese chick yells “this is for my familyyyy…!!” Kind of a robot boner killer right there.

So…is the “getting in” the hard part of HBS? That is, if a person can pass the CFA exam, can they pass HBS? Or is getting in the easy part?

My brother-in-law is an attorney, and he said the hardest part of law school is getting in. The only reason people say it’s incredibly difficult is because they want to make Law Review, or get on with some BSD firm. But if you’re in the “C’s get degrees” crowd, you can skate through three years of law school on 30-40 hours a week of class + study.

hardest part of Harvard is getting in. funny enough, I recently interviewed someone who misspelled “Harvard” on his resume.

Getting in is far-and-away the hardest part of any good graduate business school, assuming you have a business background.

of course!! it’s by far the hardest part. ALTHOUGH, from a recent article, it also say that top schools (not necessarily buisness schools) do not give out A grades to students.

but as far as i know, from people i know who went to columbia, harvard, etc… they didn’t find the classes particularly challenging.

I think Harvard is one of the schools that doesn’t have a GPA for the MBA program, right? I thought I was told by a grad you either graduated with honors or graduated, but no GPA. Maybe it was another MBA program

The “no grades” rule is a lie! There is no explicit grade point average, but each class is still graded. Harvard Law School uses “Honors, Pass, Low Pass or Fail” grades. Harvard Business School uses “I, II, III, and IV”. Not sure about business school, but for law school, employers ask for your transcript when you apply for jobs. They then translate all these non-letter grades into points and calculate your implied GPA.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/current/careers/ocs/employers/hls-grading-policy/index.html

http://www.hbs.edu/mba/registrar/crossregistration/Pages/crossregistration-faq.aspx

Every person I’ve known who went to bschool got better grades there than in undergrad while putting in less effort.

Maybe it was an agreement of students not to reveal their GPA. Maybe I’m remembering wrong or it was another ‘high end’ school

I guess i am the exception. I had steller undergrad and doing lousy in b-school. I find really hard to care, when majority of classes that i take are less challenging than CFA Level 1