Harvard to have a black students only graduation ceremony

https://www.yahoo.com/news/harvard-hold-graduation-ceremony-black-124111044.html

I don’t know what to say.

People would be up in arms if they had a white students only graduation…

Stupid. Perpetuates the idea of an “us vs. them” whether the organizers intended it or not. Definitely not “community building.”

While I find it personally silly, I find it hard to get up and arms and care that much. My gf has like 3 seperate graduations she can go to for her school, its all so silly. In reality they just need to make something with pretty stuff around for girls to take pictures near and post stupid captions on

^ I also had 3 separate graduations when I graduated from grad school, but they weren’t based on race: total university ceremony; total business school ceremony; and graduate business school ceremony.

who approved this?

This video is long but it gives great insight into the chaotic state that we now live in. Applies to this issue as well.

[video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USg3NR76XpQ]

So you wouldn’t be up in arms over a white only ceremony?

I would be pretty puzzled. The black community at a lot of these schools is extremely tight knit because they are so small (believe it was 5-7% of Harvard degrees) would be pretty odd to have a graduation with like 60% of the school where most of the people have no clue who the others are.

White ethnicity is about 700 of graduating class, so wouldn’t be too large.

6.3% black, 47.6% white.

This way they can have their white only ceremony without liberal media on their backs!

Not fair, I know the admission standard may be different but they should be allowed the attend the same ceremony, the hell is wrong with people?!

“I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” - Martin Luther King Jr., respect.

“I look to a day when the black people will have their own graduation ceremonies, their own separate section on busses, their own drinking fountains, preferential admissions standards in colleges… only then will my will TRULY have been achieved.”

• Martin Luther King Jr.

A better analogy would be white students at a historically black college like Howard having their own graduation.

I’m sure a lot of black people would be mad. Encroachment. Same underlying dynamic at play, even if it is uncomfortable.

No one likes white people except poor south east asian girls and they have no choice

Get used to it.

I agree. I don’t understand the outrage of this thread. I suspect it is a bunch of white people replying?

This forum is an online version of the kkk. What do you think

I’m a white guy as well, so nothing against it. But I’m from a majority minority area and at certain periods in my life was the only Caucasian in my group of friends. So I like to hope I have a little more appreciation for the “other side” than most, especially now that I live in the Northeast. Outside of a couple large cities, I feel like I’m in a white bubble.

Chill, bro