have u started studying for L3?

Hi Am planning to start studying from nov… is that too late. Just taking a break after the hectic pace of activity with back-to-back exams of L1 and L2. Has everyone started preparation for L3?

I just started cracking the books last week. It’s still early in the game but I like to start off at a leisurely pace.

no I havn’t. November is just about right.

iteracom Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no I havn’t. November is just about right. November for me - bang out book 2 or 3 (the IPS one for PWM/inst/behavioral finance) before thanksgiving and go from there.

Why would you think November is too late?

de-cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi > > Am planning to start studying from nov… is that > too late. Just taking a break after the hectic > pace of activity with back-to-back exams of L1 and > L2. > > Has everyone started preparation for L3? Nov is definitely NOT too late. Many people start Jan/Feb - AF has a bunch of overachievers.

You have plenty of time with a Nov start!

No. Doing GMAT and FRM now.

Yeah, I started about a year ago. Round 2 at L3 for eleven will start in about a month or so.

I have yet to start, plan to start in November as well.

Starting around February 1st

January 1st. Looking forward to get back into the swing of things in some sick and twisted way.

For re-takers: how much du you think will count the information accumulated in last year of preparation in your study?

I intend to start november aswell. I have no energy right now. I don’t get the idea how would I find energy to fight with L3. I still feel tired from L2. Does anyone else feel the same way?

To forget Lvl II , get more involved with Lvl III , that way you will have something to work on , instead of dwelling in the past. I took the Schweser 10% off , so I expect to ramp up next week

November. Have yet to order my Schweser materials.

I have no energy. I guess I really have to suck it up.

I signed up for an 18-week course starting January 12th with my local CFA chapter (San Francisco). So I’ll be starting a bit after the New Year now.

^^did u use them (sf) for lvl2?

^cubsfish – I did not. I used Schweser notes for L1 and L2. Worked well for me both times but the word on the street seems to be that source material is more important at this level. I have two kids now and need something out-of-the-house to keep me focused. I figure that a weekly in-person class will keep me honest and on-track. Seems like a pretty good deal, too – $900 (until 12/8) for 18 or 19 classes plus materials.