help! PCP investigation. What can I do?

Hi,

I had my L2CFA exam on 7th July2014. I received a letter from CFAI that I am under PCP investigation for suspected cheating. I have NOT CHEATED and NEVER THOUGHT TO CHEAT in the examination.

I am alleged by Proctor 1 : That I looked into the candidate ‘s paper for 2-3 secs for two times in the morning and in the afternoon respectively and He also says that I looked at him many times.

Proctor 2 says that he was told by Proctor A to observe my behavior and watched me for 10 minutes and found nothing suspecting.

Proctor 3 says that I was just answering my answer sheet.

Proctor 4 says that I looked at him three times during 11:30 to 11:35 and looked down to my test paper.

Please Help me Urgently!

I have graduated from the premier most institute of my country .I have been among top 1% students of my country in the national level examination. I am a very hard working person and cannot even think of cheating on any exam.

Please advice of how can I formulate my response to them.

Thank u really much!

is there any hope that I can get my score back?

y you cheat?

"I am alleged by Proctor 1 : That I looked into the candidate ‘s paper for 2-3 secs for two times in the morning and in the afternoon respectively and He also says that I looked at him many times.

Proctor 4 says that I looked at him three times during 11:30 to 11:35 and looked down to my test paper…"

Were they so attractive that you were more focussed on them than the paper?

The very fact that you never looked at the other two proctors may be your best defence (specially if they were equally attractive!). Serously, this can only be your defence that despite the other proctors being asked to watch you by A, 2 out of three found nothing wrong in your actions while answering the papers. Also talk of your habit of not being able to focus on anything for 3 hours without glancingaround. Regading glancing at the other paper talk of the distance between you two etc etc… (many others have discussed it before, search the forum).

By the way, new candidates committing such frivolous actions repeatedly while appearing for the first time in CFAI tests may feign ignorance about the strictness in the conduct of examination (though still not excusable) but it is simply not understandable why or how the Level 2 or L3 candidates also expose themselves to PCP letters by such avoidable silly actions and put their commitment hard work at risk!

Is this for real? You get a PCP letter after the exam result has been released?

Thank u for your adviceMYGOS. When I am thinking, I like staring at one place, that is why there are two proctors finding me looking at them while the other two not. I even never noticed this action would cause me any problem until I received the investigation letter.

I have another question, is there any necessity for me to mention my personal profile to attest that I have the ability to pass the exam and there is no reason that I would cheat in the exam since I am now studying in the college in which finance is the best of my country.

I did not receive the airmail because of the mail problem so I did not konw I was investigated until I can not get my score through the website. I email them and they give me an electronically delivered documents.

You may get away with this one if :

1. The conflicting proctors’ statements work to your advanatage in the eyes of CFAI

2. Proctor 1 has actually identified and reported the person who he thought you were cheating from so that the CFAI can start comparing answer sheets and you will be praying to God almighty that the difference between your answers are statistically significant!

don’t know why CFAI doesn’t just give candidates the option to take a lie detector test, it will be confidential and can be used to help them make decisions in this matter? Would be vastly superior to testimonies from proctors.

^ because lie detector tests can be beaten

I think if someone can beat a lie detector test they deserve to pass.

Why most of the “I got PCP for cheating but I would never cheat” stories come mainly from china and Indian subcontinent ? Am starting to think that stories of dragons and wise elephants might not be real.

If they can withstand Room 101, sure. Feel free to contact the Ministry of Love.

I’m confused. Did proctor 4 say you were looking at him (the proctor) or the candidate that proctor 1 said you were looking at? It’s been several years since I took the exams, but is looking at a proctor considered cheating now?

Given your “personal profile” they should just give you the charter without having to pass all three exams. Maybe you shouldn’t give the appearance of cheating and this would not be a problem. But hey, what do I know? - I am not studying in the college in which finance is the best of my country.

True, but the more disturbing ‘similarity analysis’ cases come form other parts too, like US.

[quote=“higgmond”]

I’m confused. Did proctor 4 say you were looking at him (the proctor) or the candidate that proctor 1 said you were looking at? It’s been several years since I took the exams, but is looking at a proctor considered cheating now?

[quote]

Seems to me that whatever “human” movement can be called suspicious nowadays.

A proctor at my test center asked me to put my wristwatch into my pocket (though I know I can keep it on my desk but who dares arguing with a proctor) and then I didn’t dare taking it out of my pocket during the exam being afraid that my movements would be suspicious… What big use a watch in my pocket served… But better than getting an accusation of cheating.

Honestly all this fuss instead of just renting larger rooms and seating people farther from each other… I will never understand.

That’s because we Americans are all basically robots who think alike.

+1. smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h05ZQ7WHw8Y

you have to come in wearing this