help! PCP investigation. What can I do?

To OP: yiyierll,

In another thread I thought you received notification that you are under PCP due to similarity analysis. If I understood that well.

Sowhat happened finally?

Are you investigated due to similarity analysis and also seen by proctors to look here and there?

I really would like to know how this similarity analysis works. Do you have to also look around and if your test is similar to the guy next to you than it’s investigated - seems legit.

Or you just end up having similar answers with someone random at your test center (or not even at your test center)?

I’m always entertained by the offering of credentials as evidence of innocence. “Dude, I won the last five tours. I don’t need to cheat.” Or, “I get lots of pussy, I would never do something untoward.” So silly. Maybe a cultural thing? Cheating here in the good ole USA has no boundaries.

It might be cultural. Or it might be due to the fact that you cannot think of anything else to defend yourself. You think the PCP would be curious of what kind of person you are?

I don’t know.

If you answer: No, I did not cheat. I never cheat.

Is that better?

Yes. Especially if I was making the determination.

smileyCertainly the same in my case.

Btw that’s the way to communicate in an assertive way. Don’t explain sth that doesn’t need explanation.

In the end I’m afraid we will not know more about this case, like we seldom know the outcome of the investigation (MMBaid case was an exception).

Proctor 4 says that I looked at him for three times. Maybe they thought I had the intend to cheat.

Thank u YoMo. I think ask them to compare my answers with people is a good way to defend for myself .

Thank u for your reply Moosey, My case is not due to similarity analysis. They just sent me a suspected cheating report.

If they have one, I really would like to be tested to justify my innocence.

Maybe I just want them to konw that there is really no need for me to cheat beccause I can pass the exam myselt. Also cheating for me is a thing I would never think of doing.

Maybe I just want to tell them that I believe honesty is more important than scores. I never think of cheating in the exam.

dang, that’s harsh for a PCP just for looking in a certain direction. This year at my L2 exam I was checking out the cute girl next to me and the proctors could’ve easily reported me. That would be embarassing to explain to CFAI that I was definitely NOT looking at her exam paper but at her attractiveness which is not prohibited in the Ethics standards.

But they may say “but you cannot have the appearance of cheating”…then I would say: “ah yes your Honour, I satisfied that standard as I was looking towards the bottom and not at the level of her exam paper.”

Your case is a good reminder for me to keep my eyes forward next time and only admire after the exam.

That’s the thing, I was just thinking and did not even notice that the proctor had susupected me. sigh…I hope that they will compare my results with people next to me and they will konw the truth.

Moosy: “True, but the more disturbing ‘similarity analysis’ cases come form other parts too, like US.”

I believe this is due to the coherent comprehension of the context of the questions. Many times, international students, including English and Aussies, interpret American English in different ways. I believe this depends on what genre of movies they watch. French are in a league of their own. They are too philosophical. Chinese interpret the questions the opposite way, choose what they assume the right answer, which turns to be wrong under their assumption because of the trick they had missed, which makes their answer right under the original sense of the question, they pass, they get the Charter, they make investment decision under the conventional methods, which turns to be contrarian investments because of their misinterpretation, the world loose, they win, they become too rich, the US borrows from them.

^bullshit, stop reading Hofstede

That doesn’t mean anything. Just because you didn’t use someone’s answers, doesn’t give you the option to look their answers.

Then I was lucky having taken the exam in Canada as a Hungarian. I guess that no one could interpret the questions the way I did. However: next year I’m moving home, I don’t know how many people take the exams in Hungary but probably the whole center’s resuts will be “similar”. Gosh.

^ Cultural differences affects the flow of thoughts. They’re those sentences when we read them the second time we figure out a different meaning than the first time. I dont like reading British newspapers or books. I get a headache when I do. Their flow of thoughts is odd to me. For Canadians, imagine if every CFA question starts by “I’m sorry”. They would have Aced every exam.

That’s being said, sometimes the underdogs outperform the advantaged. Like in David vs Goliath.

Hungarian huh? I presume you’re a master in Math.

I think the members of the review board would immediately fall to the floor laughing as soon as they heard a defense that included a cute girl taking the exam.